boards.ie Mobile
Page 275 of 275
« First < 175225265273274275
Rugby>‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi
The Rape of Lucretia 12:05 Yesterday
Originally Posted by swiwi_:
Thanks to all for the responses. Will be interesting to see how he goes for Munster. I remember when Robin Copeland was The Next Big thing...
In the Limerick Leader only though ? There was a time when JJ was the next big thing too, now even Ulster would pass on him.
[Quote] [Thank]
pickarooney 12:33 Yesterday
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan:
Crawley
Creepy Crawley
Pervo
[Quote] [Thank]
Shefwedfan 13:22 Yesterday
Thanks to all for the responses. Will be interesting to see how he goes for Munster. I remember when Robin Copeland was The Next Big thing...
I never remember that, I think he played well in one game against a French side in Europe....next thing Munster signed him.....

Seemed to be on the basis of that one game which was at home against a French team.....
[Quote] [Thank]
stephen_n 13:35 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Shefwedfan:
I never remember that, I think he played well in one game against a French side in Europe....next thing Munster signed him.....

Seemed to be on the basis of that one game which was at home against a French team.....
Copeland’s last season with Cardiff, he was excellent. The exact same questions being asked about Beirne now, were being asked about Leinster letting Copeland go.
[Quote] [Thank]
Rigor Mortis 13:44 Yesterday
Wasnt Copeland a bit more circuitous. Didnt he go from Leinster to Mary's and then get picked up by Cardiff
[Quote] [Thank]
salmocab 13:47 Yesterday
Originally Posted by stephen_n:
Copeland’s last season with Cardiff, he was excellent. The exact same questions being asked about Beirne now, were being asked about Leinster letting Copeland go.
I’m confident Beirne will do well with Munster, your right about Copeland there was plenty of how did they miss him talk going on, same with Hart even think people were talking of parachuting him into Irish set up based on playing a bit in France, now he’s not even a sub in Munster.
I’m sure next season plenty will say Leinster made a mistake releasing him but it’s not that easy if he hadn’t left he mightn’t have got the same chances he did at scarlets.
[Quote] [Thank]
CatFromHue 13:51 Yesterday
Originally Posted by Venjur:
Luke Fitz covered it in his podcast. They were both rehabbing for serious groin issues at the same time and Beirne couldn't stay fit. Luke seemed to think Scarlets was a 'last roll of the dice' situation for him that has thankfully worked out.
It was as I think Beirne was thinking himself of just calling it quits.
[Quote] [Thank]
swiwi_ 13:53 Yesterday
Originally Posted by stephen_n:
Exactly. He was genuinely playing well. But he's never really reproduced for Munster.
[Quote] [Thank]
awec 14:00 Yesterday (11 Thanks)
Copeland stood out as a good player in a crap Blues team.

Beirne stands out as a great player in a great Scarlets team.

Don't think he'll be a flop.
[Quote] [Thank]
Bridge93 14:05 Yesterday
Beirne also seems a much more rounded player than Copeland ever promised to be.
[Quote] [Thank]
stephen_n 15:25 Yesterday
Wasn’t really trying to compare the two, just pointing out, it wasn’t just one game, that he was the form 8 in the pro 12 for that season. I think Beirne has consistently delivered at a higher level, nearly everything good about the Scarlets yesterday started with or involved him. It was easily between him and Fardy for man of the match on overall contribution and influence. Beirne is a much better player than Copeland and is a great signing for Munster. He will be a genuine rival for POM at 6 for Ireland I’d say.
[Quote] [Thank]
wise7 15:55 Yesterday
Originally Posted by vienne86:
Delighted with the win, especially after a shaky start. Like everyone, I thought Fardy and Lowe were magnificent....think I would have given Fardy MOTM. Another center injured :( But Frawley was terrific - didn't look at all out of place.
Ross Byrne was poor.....but I've seen suggestions that he might have been injured. Luke McGrath injured too - hope it's not serious, but Nick McCarthy did very well indeed - great speed and good passing. I thought Larmour tried the fancy runs too often and became predictable.

Very enjoyable afternoon in the RDS - nice atmosphere.
Byrne apparently picked up a hip injury early on. Limited options off bench.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 275 of 275
« First < 175225265273274275

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet