boards.ie Mobile
Page 205 of 205
« First < 105155195203204205
Soccer>Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 (MOD NOTE: POST #2805)
Augeo 19:24 Yesterday
Originally Posted by Glico Man:
Point 1, his release clause doesn't activate for another year. Jumping in now and offering slightly more (I don't agree with double the price, just fyi) to get the sea;l done. Also avoiding the better positioned suitors a la Madrid, Bayer, Juve, Barca etc. Not saying it would happen as AC admitted it was fantasy football stuff, though would be a logical attempt.

Point 2, is that not exactly what we did to sign Keita? Afaik, his release clause was £48 million, and we're paying a substantial premium to get ahead of the queue. I don't remember you saying it was lunacy when the deal was announced.
My comments were in relation to throwing a 60m bid at spurs for a player 6 months in advance if the release clause being active :)

Nothing at all akin to the keita situation & the money involved wasn't exactly a substantial premium iirc.
[Quote] [Thank]
Augeo 19:39 Yesterday
The keita deal is great from a getting your target perspective.... there is of course another risk introduced.... you effectively have a player on loan for a season & he could get injured playing for another club.
[Quote] [Thank]
ricero 19:52 Yesterday
Ndidi and Werner would be my two top targets for this summer. Young, hungry and both have the potential to be world class. Then one of leon bailey, brandt or pulisic as an attacking wide player.

Will be interesting to see how fast prem teams get their buisness done this summer with the world cup and with the transfer window now closing earlier than usual.
[Quote] [Thank]
BorneTobyWilde 20:06 Yesterday
Originally Posted by noodler:
More successful than anyone in our current squad yet more maligned?!
Look at Pique at Barca. An below average player who could not make it in premier league. Over the years lots of clubs have been in need of a CB , no one knocked on Barca's door to inquire about him. But look at his medals, geez.
Great teams can carry poor individuals.
[Quote] [Thank]
Rekop dog 20:32 Yesterday (8 Thanks)
Originally Posted by BorneTobyWilde:
Look at Pique at Barca. An below average player who could not make it in premier league. Over the years lots of clubs have been in need of a CB , no one knocked on Barca's door to inquire about him. But look at his medals, geez.
Great teams can carry poor individuals.
:pac:
[Quote] [Thank]
Iused2likebusts 21:00 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
The top target in the summer has to be a goalkeeper. I wouldn't be getting sucked in by karius having a few decent performances and making a few saves.
[Quote] [Thank]
BorneTobyWilde 21:05 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Rekop dog:
:pac:
There are multiple fail videos dedicated to Pique on Youtube, and plenty of footage to choose from.
He's an average player in a great team. No one is looking for him and never will, no one bidding on him ever.
5m is total transfer fees that have exchanged hands in his whole career, and even that was too much.
[Quote] [Thank]
Shanotheslayer 21:27 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by BorneTobyWilde:
There are multiple fail videos dedicated to Pique on Youtube, and plenty of footage to choose from.
I'm sure the same can be said for 1000s of good footballers. What an invalid point to make.
[Quote] [Thank]
Kerrigooney 21:31 Yesterday (10 Thanks)
Every single time :)
[Quote] [Thank]
Agent Coulson 21:34 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Looks like the club are trying to tie Fun Bobby, Mane and Salah all down to new and improved long term contracts.

Good.

Its crazy to think Sturridge earns more than all of them.
[Quote] [Thank]
Harry Palmr 22:34 Yesterday
They should just divvy up the 150,000 a week he gets. That I can think of the pay rise in those terms shows just how crazy money gets pissed away on certain players.
[Quote] [Thank]
Augeo 22:38 Yesterday
Firmino and Mane I imagine will stay. Salah will attract interest no doubt.
[Quote] [Thank]
Harry Palmr 22:41 Yesterday
No way is Salah leaving

for less than £200m :p I think he'll be happy to stay for another season to defend the Champions League trophy.
[Quote] [Thank]
Charlie19 23:42 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
I'm hoping that Salah might just want to settle somewhere for a few years and sees Merseyside as the perfect location.;)

He's had a fair few clubs in short space of time.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 205 of 205
« First < 105155195203204205

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet