Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Threw a fiver each way.
    Only got him @ 16-1 though :)

Strike rate of that tipster doesnt seem to be great to say the least :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tubey

There's only one forum on the net that is consistantly providing free tips and the bloody thing is free. 20-1 on Friday night. A great 4-1 shot last night that the whole forum was on. It makes me laugh reading threads on this "gambling forum".

tubey wrote: »
    There's only one forum on the net that is consistantly providing free tips and the bloody thing is free. 20-1 on Friday night. A great 4-1 shot last night that the whole forum was on. It makes me laugh reading threads on this "gambling forum".

Threads on this forum are just posts by people showing what they have
    backed, there are very few actual tips here its more discussion
    Thanks for all your previous helpful tips btw :rolleyes:
    Easy to say afterwards that horse x was a good tip.

By any chance is this forum you speak of olbg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Shouldn't you be out spending your ample winnings instead of wasting your valuable time 'laughing' at this 'gambling forum'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Shouldn't you be out spending your ample winnings instead of wasting your valuable time 'laughing' at this 'gambling forum'?

Great post .. :)

IrishMike wrote: »
    Threads on this forum are just posts by people showing what they have
    backed, there are very few actual tips here its more discussion
    Thanks for all your previous helpful tips btw :rolleyes:
    Easy to say afterwards that horse x was a good tip.

By any chance is this forum you speak of olbg?

No it's not oblg. And Erin I apologise if I have offended you, you seem to be the leader of this little forum so again, hope I didn't cause offence. :)

No it's not oblg. And Erin I apologise if I have offended you, you seem to be the leader of this little forum so again, hope I didn't cause offence. :)

Dont see how you could not be offended by your post to be honest.
    You basically say we are a bunch of misguided idiots while you make lots of
    money from the tips you recieve on other forums, yet you never post
    the tips here.
    What other way is there to look at it other than you being a bit of a gimp??

lol

Go mike!! You really told me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

If you come across good tips on established sites you should share them by posting them here. That's what I do as often as possible. It is not difficult to do. It is certainly easier than being a bit of a trolling twat with nothing to contribute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Dont see how you could not be offended by your post to be honest.
    You basically say we are a bunch of misguided idiots while you make lots of
    money from the tips you recieve on other forums, yet you never post
    the tips here.
    What other way is there to look at it other than you being a bit of a gimp??
    Ah you beat me to it. :)

It's funny, cause all I was originally trying to do was put you in the direction of another irish gambling site where you would probably enjoy a better time posting and would certainly enjoy your fair share of winners. To be honest, I am a bit of a trolling muppet cause I haven't even bothered to register on the other forum....lazy and troll......

Oh tubey have a look on that site and you will see that 3 or 4 of us from here are registered there.
    Its 90% about horses which i normally never back so it is not of a huge amount of interest to me.
    Also the strike rate there is actually less than some other forums i am a member on.

To be honest Mike, they probably wouldn't appreciate me trolling their forum on here so I'll say no more. Apologies again....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Look tubey, you're original post was unconstructive and a bit childish. That's the only reason we were having a go.

Welcome to the forum anyway...

No hard feelings guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Oh tubey have a look on that site and you will see that 3 or 4 of us from here are registered there.
    Its 90% about horses which i normally never back so it is not of a huge amount of interest to me.
    Also the strike rate there is actually less than some other forums i am a member on.

What is the name of this other forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Are people here aware that there is a Horse Racing Forum? While betting on the nags is of course gambling I would have that thought that the place for these threads was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hobart wrote: »
    What is the name of this other forum?

I'd imagine its letsbet.ie

Aye, I'm surprised people don't use the horse racing forum on here as much...it's full of pretty knowledgable people.

• Advertisement

I've seen that other site. Have to say that their strike rate, on horses is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

what's the story with the censorship?

oblg this... site which cannot be named that

What ya mean franko?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's funny, cause all I was originally trying to do was put you in the direction of another irish gambling site where you would probably enjoy a better time posting and would certainly enjoy your fair share of winners.
    Surely pointing in the direction of another irish gambling site involves saying what it is, otherwise your just sh!tetalking

Aye....to be honest though after I posted it I then realised that I'd just be spamming. It's already been mentioned anyway

Was just wondering what sites yis are talking about...

Whats oblg??

"I've seen that other site. Have to say that their strike rate, on horses is pretty good." which site??

"I'd imagine it's letsbet.ie" - is it??

Was just wondering what sites yis are talking about...

Whats oblg??

"I've seen that other site. Have to say that their strike rate, on horses is pretty good." which site??

"I'd imagine it's letsbet.ie" - is it??

www.letsbet.ie/forum and http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/

okey doke. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭raheny red

raheny red wrote: »
    I think Ladbrokes are paying out on the 'winner'?!

I'm on Northern Desert tonight, the jockey is going for her 5th win in 2 days so here's hoping.

This jockeys name is Kirsty Milczarek and she is in flying form at the moment. I know there's no point in saying it now but she got a 5/1 winner today and landed a massive 25/1 winner Friday night. I think she has 10 wins in the past forthnight, not too sure now. It's time this lady became a Boards leg end! Here's her rides for tomorrow, all at Kempton:

13:40 - Hayley's Flower

14:10 - Dress To Impress

15:10 - Beckenham's Secret

15:40 - Afrinnit

16:10 - Mujemead

I'll have a better look at these in the morning and I shall put up my picks tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭raheny red

raheny red wrote: »
    This jockeys name is Kirsty Milczarek and she is in flying form at the moment. I know there's no point in saying it now but she got a 5/1 winner today and landed a massive 25/1 winner Friday night. I think she has 10 wins in the past forthnight, not too sure now. It's time this lady became a Boards leg end! Here's her rides for tomorrow, all at Kempton:

13:40 - Hayley's Flower

14:10 - Dress To Impress

15:10 - Beckenham's Secret

15:40 - Afrinnit

16:10 - Mujemead

I'll have a better look at these in the morning and I shall put up my picks tomorrow

I have high hopes for this so that's my nap of the day. With the rest I'll do a small ew lucky 31

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement