Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Castres were always a tough nut for Munster too. Good club less stars than the others but really seem to be fading a bit now and with a tough run in they may not get the semi spot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Great thread. Watched a bit of Stade-Clermont recently, pink everywhere, pink goalposts, pink supporters, good marketing idea but doesn't seem to be doing them much good from your table. How many games are there to go in the league?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

BoarHunter wrote: »
    Labit & Travers

Suffering such an affliction would surely put the rage in anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

well you don't choose your name :rolleyes:

Toulon Coach Philippe Saint Andre has been named Coach of the british barbarians for their coming fixtures against England and Ireland.

Let's wish him success. I would be delighted actually to see Cipriani doing well against England :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just saw highlights of Toulon vs Scarlets, why are the Toulon fans throwing newspaper to celebrate? Is this a tradition?

don't know about that Thomond. i will check.

Clermont 25 - 19 Castres
    3 tries to 1 but Clermont needed one half to digest their elimination in Hcup. Brok James's Confidence is still shaken and his 0 point in the first half is a worrying sign. He gave the kicking responsabilities then to Parra who did very well. Castres scored their try from the fresh international pocket size winger Marc Andreu. However they will certainly have to play this extra play off match. Clermont takes an option for a home semi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 evysiren

Just saw highlights of Toulon vs Scarlets, why are the Toulon fans throwing newspaper to celebrate? Is this a tradition?
    I was in Stadium for Toulon v Scarlets yes it's a new tradition it was magic and funny
    this afternoon newspapers flew in the sky of Marseille because the match Toulon v Perpignan was at Marseille Velodrome I was not

Bourgoin 15 - 13 Stade Toulousain
    Really disappointing from Toulouse. The team is hot and cold this season

Montauban 6 - 19 Montpellier
    MHRC are saved and will stay in TOP14

Bayonne 33 - 25 Brive
    great entertainement in Jean Dauger. 3 tries per side. Bayonne gets out of the red zone.

Albi 38 - 24 Stade Francais
    Stade FRancais switched off completely for the season. looks like they were badly affected by the elimination in HCup.

RC Toulon 33 -23 Perpignan
    Great show in Stade Velodrome of Marseilles ! Toulon confirms they are a very strong side. Connaght sould prepare for a tough match if Toulon wants to play seriously the european challenge.

Racing Metro 92 29 - 22 Biarritz
    It's all over for Biarritz. They are out of the play off race... they will play to save their season in an uncertain HCup semi finale against Munster. They had started the match with great intentions but Racing perfomred a class act second half turning the odds.

A fantastic day of Rugby, plenty of drama and lots of tries !!

We know now who will play next season Hcup :

Toulon
    Perpignan
    Clermont
    Toulouse
    Castres
    Racing Metro 92

• Advertisement

We know now who will play next season Hcup :

Toulon
    Perpignan
    Clermont
    Toulouse
    Castres
    Racing Metro 92

Oh please let Munster draw Toulon. :D

As long as we don't get Clermont again...:o

Is Francois Steyn going back to SA at the end of this season?

He signed for 3 years so i reckon he will still be there. Racing are also in contact with JM Hernandez ...

That will be tough for anyone drawing Toulon TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'd be wary about wanting Toulon. You've no idea who could be playing for them next year.

I'd be wary about wanting Toulon. You've no idea who could be playing for them next year.

I want Conters and Wilko at Thomond you see. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

Montauban 6 - 19 Montpellier
    MHRC are saved and will stay in TOP14

Phew - glad they're in the Top14 for another year anyway. They will really need to pick up their socks next year.

Was shocked by Albi beating SFrancais. I can only guess SF had checked out mentally...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm quite surprised (and more hopeful for Leinster) after that Toulouse performance. Is it a blip, or are they not quite as powerful as the Stade Francais QF would lead us to believe?

Trojan wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised (and more hopeful for Leinster) after that Toulouse performance. Is it a blip, or are they not quite as powerful as the Stade Francais QF would lead us to believe?

Toulouse as much as any other team are susceptible to off days. I'm just hoping they have one of those in the semis.
    You also need to account for the total disarray of the Stade Francais team. The Albi match shows they just arent at the races this year (ranked 9th in the table?). In fact, SF remained competitive for a fair portion of the QF which is encouraging for Leinster.
    Nonetheless it will still be a monumental feat to beat them in Toulouse.

Gotta feel sorry for Cheika - he most likely wont be coaching a Heino cup team next year.

Trojan wrote: »

that was a very mixed Toulouse team ( No jauzion, Servat, albacete, kelleher, poitrenaud for the least ).

1498.pngStade Toulousain - Castres olympique1539.png
    I think Toulouse will let this one go as they are already focused on their HCup semi finale. Great match nonetheless

1755.png Montpellier _ Bourgoin 1558.png
    The 2 teams are now relieved to stay in the Top14 next season. Montpellier home form has been great all season but bourgoin capitalized a home success to Toulouse. The last match of benjamin Boyet for bourgoin. The international Fly half will go to Bayonne next season.

1754.png Montauban - Bayonne 1913.png
    A clash of the bottom ranking. Might not be the greatest match of the week end. You have to be a supporter here ;)

1554.png Brive - Toulon 1761.png
    Brive has still the 7th place to play for. If ever a french team wins the Hcup, this will be ticket for next year. Toulon will play for first place of the regular season.

1549.png Perpignan - Albi 7951.png
    There shouldn't be any surprise. Perpignan all the way with BP.

1541.png Stade Francais - Racing Metro 1899.png
    the 2 Teams from Paris against each other. will be a great clash between Stade Francais wounded pride and the new Force. Nice challenge chabal vs Haskell in perspective. If you watch the match, pay attention to the Racing Fly half ( jonathan Wisniewski ), he is my favourite 10

1540.png Biarritz - Clermont 1546.png
    Tough call for Biarritz. They can try to win this match and play the 7th place in the league and hope a french club wins the HCup. But will they have enough gaz then for their match against Munster ?
    The match not to miss this week end.

I think the Montauban v Bayonne game is clash of the weekend with the winner staying up? All the other games are pretty meaningless except Toulouse v Castres for position.

• Advertisement

Montauban is pretty much doomed at this stage. They have appealed their order of administrative demotion but i don't know who could save them. But you never know and i'm Sure Bayonne prefers to have the situation in controle by beating montauban

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Can anyone give a rough interpretation of what Blanco is saying about the upcoming HC semi between Munster and Biarritz.

1498.pngStade Toulousain 25 - 17 Castres olympique1539.png

1755.png Montpellier 34 - 27 Bourgoin 1558.png

1754.png Montauban 22 - 8 Bayonne 1913.png

1554.png Brive 23 - 26 Toulon 1761.png

1549.png Perpignan 44 - 0 Albi 7951.png

1541.png Stade Francais 41 - 17 Racing Metro 1899.png

1540.png Biarritz 19 - 26 Clermont 1546.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Anyone have an updated table please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

From Planet Rugby:

1 Perpignan 80
    2 Toulon 80
    6 Racing Métro 64
    10 Montpellier 55
    11 Bourgoin 50
    12 Montauban 49

First play off matchs :

Clermont _ Racing Metro 92
    Toulouse _ Castres

Perpignan and Toulon have a bye for this round. They are already through to the semi

Can anyone give a rough interpretation of what Blanco is saying about the upcoming HC semi between Munster and Biarritz.

He is saying that Biarritz are going to need to brave a tough challenge up front. They can do it but they will have to be smart and take the opportunities. for him it is 50/50. it's always been close in between the 2 teams. This will be great rugby celebration in San Sebastian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

I assume all the talk of Dusatoir's injury was bull and he played at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭The Rooster

crisco10 wrote: »
    I assume all the talk of Dusatoir's injury was bull and he played at the weekend?
    They were rubbished immediately, he's 100%.

The real concern was over the Hairy Donkey. Anyone know if he played for Biarritz?

• Advertisement

They were rubbished immediately, he's 100%.

The real concern was over the Hairy Donkey. Anyone know if he played for Biarritz?

no he didn't play. he will have a test during the week to know if he will be fit.

Advertisement