Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp....yupp games are definitely the problem

https://twitter.com/TomKingKF/status/1159520499183083521?s=19

Noone commenting on the 12x scope on an assault rifle?

Clearly a camper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh7gtAzWm2Y

Just seen this trailer, anyone heard much about it?

Would love a good pirate game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

One of the lads sent me that last night. Looks interesting, but I was never a big fan of these "party" games. I sometimes struggle to keep my main character up to date, let alone 4 of them. It's what's currently putting me off playing more Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'll probably pick it up either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You're not expected to do much with party in dragon age inquisition

You give them hand-me-down stuff and stuff you craft. Doing their quest you get some specific stuff for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh7gtAzWm2Y

Just seen this trailer, anyone heard much about it?

Would love a good pirate game

I'm optimistic. I'm desperate for a new massive rpg. Nier Automata is ok, but it's not great.

• Advertisement

I'm optimistic. I'm desperate for a new massive rpg. Nier Automata is ok, but it's not great.

How far in are you ? I wasn't mad about the second playthough because of how you were forced to play but loved the 1st and 3rd ones.

I'm about 8 hours in, at the amusement park. Just not feeling it at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nier Automata is a better game narratively than it is to play. Found the game a bit of a slog, especially the second playthrough but ultimately felt it was worth it since by the end the narrative was so strong, and making you play through the same game as 9s actually did have narrative implications.

It's just unfortunate that like the first game, it's not a lot of fun to play.

Yeah, it has it's moments of fun. Shooting and hacking is kinda great, but it's not enough to keep me interested. I'll be all over No Mans Sky VR so I might have to put it on the to do list backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I couldn't finish my 2nd playthrough of Nier, loved the story but gameplay for boring. Reminds me to look up to see what the other endings are about.

Countdown for the new need for speed game live on their site, basically Wednesday 2pm Irish time, they'll be revealing NFS 2019, for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭Evade

I couldn't finish my 2nd playthrough of Nier, loved the story but gameplay for boring. Reminds me to look up to see what the other endings are about.
    You'll need to look up more than the endings, AB is only half the game.

Countdown for the new need for speed game live on their site, basically Wednesday 2pm Irish time, they'll be revealing NFS 2019, for anyone interested.

Hopefully it's Critereon or what's lef of it. The last two were bad, real bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can't believe SWAT'ing is still a thing; the absolute scrotes who do this deserve to be tracked down and prosecuted. It's a phenomenally irresponsible, outright dangerous thing to do & people have died over it.

I just can't force myself anymore.
    Dragging myself through a boring game because of narrative.

Eh...Yea...I want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

New topical video by Narwitz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

A video of manufactured outage about manufactured outage. Isn't it ironic, don't you think...

It's like raaaaaaaaaa-eee-aaaaaaain on your wedding day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hopefully it's Critereon or what's lef of it. The last two were bad, real bad.
    I wish I had your optimism for '19. I put up with '15 because I loved the customisation, it was basically a less gaudy Underground IMHO, but the handling was just dire. Didn't bother with Payback and the pay-to-win bollocks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New topical video by Narwitz.

Hot garbage.

• Advertisement

I wish I had your optimism for '19. I put up with '15 because I loved the customisation, it was basically a less gaudy Underground IMHO, but the handling was just dire. Didn't bother with Payback and the pay-to-win bollocks.

Rivals was ok, but was way too fiddly in what your goals were. 2015 wasn't that bad, it looks amazing still.

They have the making of a great game in there. Underground 1, 2, most wanted, shift 2 some of the best racers I've ever played. Payback was one of the worst I've played. I loved the story in 15 and the cars/customisation was class but yeah, the actual racing was just boring. Couldn't even finish the game as the races became tedious.

If the trailer launches tomorrow with Lil Jon, we'll be on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They have the making of a great game in there. Underground 1, 2, most wanted, shift 2 some of the best racers I've ever played. Payback was one of the worst I've played. I loved the story in 15 and the cars/customisation was class but yeah, the actual racing was just boring. Couldn't even finish the game as the races became tedious.

If the trailer launches tomorrow with Lil Jon, we'll be on the right track.
    You mean a 350Z with a neon underglow kit, drifting in slow-mo to Old Town Road, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just remake NFSU2 and we'll be happy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the biggest draws of the NFSU series was the fact that nearly every car in it could be considered 'affordable', whereas all the latest ones have brought in Supercars, which you usually can't modify anyway. Bring it back to actual street racing with cars that could realistically be purchased in real life too.

From NFSU:
    Acura Integra Type R (2000)
    Acura RSX (2003)
    Dodge Neon (1999)
    Ford Focus ZX3 (2003)
    Honda Civic Si Coupe (2000)
    Honda S2000 (2003)
    Hyundai Tiburon GT (2003)
    Mazda Miata MX5 (1999)
    Mazda RX-7 (1995)
    Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (1999)
    Mitsubishi Lancer ES (2003)
    Nissan 240sx (1994)
    Nissan 350Z (2003)
    Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V (2004)
    Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) (1999)
    Peugeot 206 S16 (2003)
    Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS (2003)
    Toyota Celica (2002)
    Toyota Supra (1998)
    Volkswagen Golf GTi (2003)

Like, the only cars that may not be affordable there were the S2000 and Supra, and they were still affordable to most. That was what drew me to it, driving cars I could realistically drive in real life.

Ion Fury launches on PC this Thursday.

Played the first few levels through last week. It's so expertly made.

This version of the build engine surprises me too. It looks brilliant visually.

Want to build a PC but don't have a grand handy? Buy a PS4 and play PC Building Simulator :pac:

Ion Fury launches on PC this Thursday.

Hope it doesn't have the usual build engine curse with the shareware levels being waaaaaaaaay better than the levels in the full version*

*Blood being the exception to the rule.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hope it doesn't have the usual build engine curse with the shareware levels being waaaaaaaaay better than the levels in the full version*

*Blood being the exception to the rule.
    Tbf in Duke 3D Shrapnel City is very good.
    I didn't like Lunar Apocalypse I can agree on that.

Can't remember Shadow Warrior. Been too long.

Just remake NFSU2 and we'll be happy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the biggest draws of the NFSU series was the fact that nearly every car in it could be considered 'affordable', whereas all the latest ones have brought in Supercars, which you usually can't modify anyway. Bring it back to actual street racing with cars that could realistically be purchased in real life too.

Exactly.

Anyway, here is a pic from the updated website which has since been pulled. Corvette C7. Not exactly affordable but not a hyper car either. Neon.....neon everywhere.

ddhik35yuag31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Loved the really old NFS games and Most Wanted (original) is prob my favourite of the series. Also really enjoyed the dedicated Porsche game and Carbon had some really interesting elements. A little less excited by the Underground series and customisation, but it's definitely what the fanbase as a whole are looking for.

They do seem to be bigging up the customisation aspect of the game. That is a LOT of neon in that screenshot! Hopefully it'll be fun and gets the handling right at least. And then any customisation will be a nice additional feature for me.

🤪

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement