Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Tis more than a bit shit, I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced. Thought it might have been released around August/September this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-11-the-witcher-3-delayed-to-february-2015

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tis more than a bit shit, I've been looking forward to this since it was first announced. Thought it might have been released around August/September this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-11-the-witcher-3-delayed-to-february-2015

Seems like one next gen disappointment after another :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If there is one developer I trust - its CD Project Red. If they need time, IT MEANS THEY NEED FECKING TIME! They should take as long as they need, I dont mind to wait for Greatness. I dont want bioshock Infinite 2.0 Where to cool parts from trailers did not even made it in to game or were way under used.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

In an open letter, the Polish studio said the delay would help the game reach the quality "gamers expect from us".

I expected a broken buggy release followed by an enhanced edition a few months later :) How history can be rewritten in gamers' minds. I love their games but lets face it their reputation is not as smooth as the current group think seems to suggest. Glad they are taking the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

If there is one developer I trust - its CD Project Red. If they need time, IT MEANS THEY NEED FECKING TIME! They should take as long as they need, I dont mind to wait for Greatness. I dont want bioshock Infinite 2.0 Where to cool parts from trailers did not even made it in to game or were way under used.

I understand that but it still is disappointing. It was one of the few games I was looking forward to this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not too bothered still cant beat that big swamp thing from 2.

2 years im at it :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not too bothered still cant beat that big swamp thing from 2.

2 years im at it :(

The Kayran? It's easy, just cut its tentacles off, the rest of the fight is a QTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Use the trap spell to trap its tentacles and then hack them off. Then run up the bridge on to its head. It is tough though. Took me so many attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

mewso wrote: »
    I expected a broken buggy release followed by an enhanced edition a few months later :) How history can be rewritten in gamers' minds. I love their games but lets face it their reputation is not as smooth as the current group think seems to suggest. Glad they are taking the time though.

I don't recall either games being that broken or buggy on release, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm actually a little relieved to see the delay now.

I trusted CD Project Red before, but now I'm sure that the game they release will be worth the hype.

Too many studios sacrifice quality to deliver at a certain time, it's good to see someone doing the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Disappointed it's being delayed, but i trust CD Projekt to get it right. Plus, it gives me a chance to replay the 2nd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they had an accident during a mo-cap session

It is a shame about the delay, but if they are giving us areas twice the size of Skyrim it is worth the wait.
    CD Projekt Red and Umbra Software held a presentation titled “Solving Visibility and Streaming in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with Umbra 3“ at the Game Developers Conference, and it included a very interesting detail (that I happened to overlook when I first examined the original slides) as discovered by Reddit user fughp.

The slides mention the size of two of the areas included in the game: the city of Novigrad measures 8.5 x 8.5 km for a total size of 72,25 square km, while Skellige is 8 x 8 km, meaning 64 square km. Summed up, the two areas cover 136,25 square km, which convert to just north of 52 square miles.

By comparison, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim‘s world has been calculated to measure 14.8 square miles. This means that the two areas named above are already over 3.5 times larger than the whole Skyrim map.

This is actually fairly interesting since back in June CD Projekt RED described The Witcher 3 as 20% larger than Bethesda’s open world game. We currently don’t know if that was just a preliminary estimate, or the Witcher‘s world just got bigger since then.

We reached out to CD Projekt RED requesting information to shed light on the issue, and we’ll keep you updated if we receive any relevant answer. In the meanwhile one thing is for sure: the world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is pretty damn big.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/03/the-witcher-3-two-of-the-areas-are-over-52-square-miles-by-themselves-3-5-times-larger-than-skyrim/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

CD Projekt RED are having a summer conference on June the 5th, where they'll be showing the new gameplay trailer for The Witcher 3, as well as revealing some details about pre-orders and special editions etc. Full blurb over on GOG.com.
    BIG announcments incoming: New Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-order details; GOG.com unveils a new project; New addition to Witcherverse! Watch us live on June 5, 6:00PM GMT!

We've got some very exciting news for you, coming both from CD Projekt RED and GOG.com, and we'd like to heartily invite you to watch our special livestream coming your way from Los Angeles, June 5, 6:00PM GMT! We'll be broadcasting a brand new gameplay trailer and announcing the pre-order details for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. We've got even more sheer awesomeness in store for the fans of Geralt, the iconic dark-fantasy hero: we'll be unveiling a new addition to The Witcher universe!

No idea what the last bit refers to. Maybe an English language version of the tv show/movie (event is coming from L.A.)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Would be nice to see some more info about Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

*Jizz*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

......i bloody forgot all about this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭brevity

Looks good but I know nothing about the previous games...would love to have a PC built in time for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

MadYaker wrote: »
    *Jizz*

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm-407x305.jpg

That looked amazing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre ordered !

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

brevity wrote: »
    Looks good but I know nothing about the previous games...would love to have a PC built in time for this.

Worth playing before this comes out, you can carry the saves over like in mass effect/dragon age. Usually dirt cheap in the steam sales too.

That looks absolutely fantastic. They really do know how to make a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Holy Moly....looks incredible...

Looks fantastic, now to play the waiting game.

I haven't finished 2 yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally something to look forward to! I cant wait so long now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Well that was pretty amazing, really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How can Geralt have anything but mean intent when rocking a badass Big Boss style beard !!!!!!!!! :cool:

That has to be the most exciting trailer I have seen in an age , and yay Triss Merigold !!!!!
    Could have sworn she was dead or missing in my game
    could someone remind me of that memory is patch around the ending concerning her

Advertisement