Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Pre ordered !
    Me too and with €16.20 off, two free $5.99 games and NWN Diamond edition! Which I already own so the code is up for grabs if anyone wants it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    How can Geralt have anything but mean intent when rocking a badass Big Boss style beard !!!!!!!!! :cool:

That has to be the most exciting trailer I have seen in an age , and yay Triss Merigold !!!!!
    Could have sworn she was dead or missing in my game
    could someone remind me of that memory is patch around the ending concerning her
    She ends up with you at the end whether you rescue her or not, but if you choose to rescue her the mages are grand where as if you don't rescue her yourself everyone turns on the mages and it's a huge massacre, but then the assassin guy has rescued triss when you meet him at the end anyway. Think both of those things happen the same way whether it's Iorveth's path or the other guy. I presume the one they talk about returning in the trailer wasn't Triss but Yennefer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    She ends up with you at the end whether you rescue her or not, but if you choose to rescue her the mages are grand where as if you don't rescue her yourself everyone turns on the mages and it's a huge massacre, but then the assassin guy has rescued triss when you meet him at the end anyway. Think both of those things happen the same way whether it's Iorveth's path or the other guy. I presume the one they talk about returning in the trailer wasn't Triss but Yennefer?

She
    Yennefer
    was in plane view in that trailer !!!! on
    the right of the shot of them on the boat , Triss , Geralt , Yennefer
    no idea who the
    greyed woman running was was a witcher as she had silver sword, memory og the 1st one is even foggier
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

calex71 wrote: »
    She
    Yennefer
    was in plane view in that trailer !!!! on
    the right of the shot of them on the boat , Triss , Geralt , Yennefer
    no idea who the
    greyed woman running was was a witcher as she had silver sword, memory og the 1st one is even foggier
    :confused:
    Twas Ciri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Twas Ciri

ffs of course that one name brings so much back !!!!! Thanks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Charles Dance. Nice. And fair play to gog with the pre-order deal. Discount if you own W1 or W2, discount if you pay in euro because we always get done against the dollar. I don't do pre-orders but in this case I might simply because they deserve it. Big publishers should take notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

<sploosh>

That trailer. My goodness. CD Projekt certainly know how to catch my interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Can't wait for this pretty much the only game I'm looking forward to at the moment. Almost wish I hadn't seen that trailer the anticipation is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister lending his voice. Nice.

Trailers looks amazing. Makes me want to go back and play the second one again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I tried playing the first one, but gave up after a couple of hours, it just didn't catch me at all. I then tried the second one when the price dropped in one of the sales, but again, I just couldn't get into it, I'm not sure why.

I think that at this stage, I'm better off ignoring the first one altogether, but should I give the second one another shot? And how long does it take to grab you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The first one was tough to get through when i played initially, though that was mainly because of the demon dog boss that was practically impossible to kill (they nerfed it with the Enhanced Edition). The 2nd was absolutely fantastic, and is definitely worth playing through. I'm going to do a run through of it again a few months before this is released. Still haven't tried the Enhanced Edition of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1st imo is far better than the 2nd, altho i am stuck a big pond monster in 2 for nearly 2 years.

its on the to do list.

Storywise I think you need to play 1 and 2 to figure out who a certain person is.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The first is probably one of the hardest games I ever played (and not in a good way), made dark souls look like a cakewalk. May have been all my own doing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It sucks that it's gonna be 2015 till release, but damm this game looks awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kiith wrote: »
    The first one was tough to get through when i played initially, though that was mainly because of the demon dog boss that was practically impossible to kill (they nerfed it with the Enhanced Edition). The 2nd was absolutely fantastic, and is definitely worth playing through. I'm going to do a run through of it again a few months before this is released. Still haven't tried the Enhanced Edition of 2.

Saved Roche's path for another run through on The Witcher 2, did Iorveth's first time around. Probably do the second one at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

titan18 wrote: »
    Saved Roche's path for another run through on The Witcher 2, did Iorveth's first time around. Probably do the second one at Christmas

Of the two path's, Iorveth's I felt was the better and even had some sweet pop culture references :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So looks like if you buy from gog.com its going to be DRM free too. I love CD Project Red.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

So looks like if you buy from gog.com its going to be DRM free too. I love CD Project Red.

yeah but you're probably going to have to wait a year and buy the enhanced edition before it's playable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah but you're probably going to have to wait a year and buy the enhanced edition before it's playable

ooh! harsh!

• Advertisement

Emmmmmm I bought Witcher 2 day one and it was completely playable. I dont remember any game breaking stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Switcher 2 was broken for a few weeks at least. There was a huge delay between Activating A Sign And It Actually Firing Or Activating. Rolling Was tucked up for a while too and there were several other things. I didn't play it properly until b it was patched and I remember the gotgog forums there were many people doing the same.

But yes switcher two wasn't as catastrophically awful as witcher 1.

Switcher 2 was broken for a few weeks at least. There was a huge delay between Activating A Sign And It Actually Firing Or Activating. Rolling Was tucked up for a while too and there were several other things. I didn't play it properly until b it was patched and I remember the gotgog forums there were many people doing the same.

But yes switcher two wasn't as catastrophically awful as witcher 1.

Any game when launches these days have issues. Witcher 1 was bad, yes, but Witcher 2 was a massive improvement and I dont think it is fair to say that Witcher games are "buggy messes".
    Like I said, I played it without a single problem. More important that they always fix their **** ups, and not just leave it there, just because **** you.

Witcher 3 was supposed to be released this year but has been delayed mainly to fix bugs. This is going to be their biggest launch yet so its only fair to assume they want the game in the best possible state on release

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Witcher 3 was supposed to be released this year but has been delayed mainly to fix bugs. This is going to be their biggest launch yet so its only fair to assume they want the game in the best possible state on release

Trailer looks amazing, never played 1 or 2 as I don't have a decent PC.

You reckon I could just dive in to this one oblivious to the other titles?

Fieldog wrote: »

I think there will be some sort of prologue or introduction to bring new players up to date with the story. The main storyline will be relatively new stuff anyway as no one knows anything about the wild hunt

Fieldog wrote: »

Get at least witcher 2, its on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Get at least witcher 2, its on 360.

Don't have my 360 anymore.... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think there will be some sort of prologue or introduction to bring new players up to date with the story. The main storyline will be relatively new stuff anyway as no one knows anything about the wild hunt

Yeah, they've said they're making the game friendly to first time players by explaining the background and important characters. And people can always read up on the story on Wikipedia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

What do you guys think the recommended specs are going to be? I'm thinking of building a pc in the near future, I'll probably build it entirely around this game it looks that good imo

Advertisement