Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I always recommend going midrange when building a PC. Not entirely sure what the current components in the mid tier are but you pretty much are sure to be able to run all the latest games for 3-5 years at settings that far exceed that of the consoles.. While not paying over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Yeh I just wish my friends would move to pc, they're all console gamers.. Any advice on how to convert them?

Show them your PC when you get it !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jc4517 wrote: »
    Yeh I just wish my friends would move to pc, they're all console gamers.. Any advice on how to convert them?

Kick them in the nuts, if that does not work - find new friends.

I actually managed to convert my buddy to PC gaming. He was a pure Xbox bot. He was a huge Battlefield ( ex cod ) gamer too. Played only BF/COD/Halo. I gave him a wee spin on my PC and it was the last nail in 360 coffin.

I gave him my old PC and bough him BF4 as Xmas Present. He did not just became a PC gamer now, but his gaming library went from 3 games to bazilion. In fact, he does not even play BF4 that much, but plays all sort off games.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kick them in the nuts, if that does not work - find new friends.

How does that equate to giving your friend your old PC and buying them a game? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How does that equate to giving your friend your old PC and buying them a game? :pac:

Who said I did not kicked him in the nuts first? :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Who said I did not kicked him in the nuts first? :pac:

Hey I'll take your current PC if that's all it costs. Having kids is overrated I hear anyway :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just saw this from GoG: http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

You might find it cheaper elsewhere if you're looking to pre-order but I think there's a lot to be said for supporting the developer directly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,954 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A little annoying that their loyaly bonuses can't be applied if you buy the physical collectors edition.

I've pre-ordered the physical collectors edition, as I did with the first two. No need to break the pattern now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Shiminay wrote: »
    Just saw this from GoG: http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

You might find it cheaper elsewhere if you're looking to pre-order but I think there's a lot to be said for supporting the developer directly.

Pretty impressive if you have the 2 previous game, gets you 27% off (€43.79).

Now to get the cd keys off steam!

• Advertisement

Anyone else see that gameplay? :rolleyes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI4UFhMYDc4

jc4517 wrote: »
    Anyone else see that gameplay? :rolleyes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI4UFhMYDc4

Yeah, looks insanely good. Doesn't even look that watered down in terms of graphics for a console version either !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so i guess i'm still the only one not terribly enthusiastic about the direction 3 seems to be taking?

Yep, get out.

so i guess i'm still the only one not terribly enthusiastic about the direction 3 seems to be taking?

Having a massive open world instead of smaller separated areas you mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Having a massive open world instead of smaller separated areas you mean?

yeah
    the "eleventy times bigger than jesus" world map, the "more play hours than there are books in the lord of the rings universe" .. it just reminds me of skyrim

yeah
    the "eleventy times bigger than jesus" world map, the "more play hours than there are books in the lord of the rings universe" .. it just reminds me of skyrim

Yeah I liked how tight the 2nd game in particular was, very few side quests felt superfluous. I hope it doesn't end up being all filler outside of the main quest line.

Have faith men.

If there's a studio I trust, it's cd projekt red.. They're sound

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

CD Project were giving away free statues and the game at E3, lucky bastards

H2W0j6o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Pretty impressive if you have the 2 previous game, gets you 27% off (€43.79).

Now to get the cd keys off steam!

Mine's only showing as 20% off yet I have both previous games. Is there something I need to do to update it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Mine's only showing as 20% off yet I have both previous games. Is there something I need to do to update it?

Daft question but are they in your GOG library?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have the first on Steam so does anyone know how to get the key to register it on GOG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Skerries wrote: »
    I have the first on Steam so does anyone know how to get the key to register it on GOG?

Yeah you have to have it installed or downloading, then find the option in Steam to view your CD key, copy and paste it into your GOG account. Don't have either Steam or GOG open so can't give the precise instructions but that's the gist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

danthefan wrote: »
    Daft question but are they in your GOG library?

Yeah they're both in my library but only the sequel was purchased through GoG, the original was activated when they started their activation program.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah I liked how tight the 2nd game in particular was, very few side quests felt superfluous. I hope it doesn't end up being all filler outside of the main quest line.

I do agree with you, I liked the more focused feel of the smaller areas. Kinda kept the pace up on the main plot. But I have full confidence that the open world will be handled well. Can't wait to see more.

I love the facial and body animations during the dialogue scenes in the latest gameplay trailer. Just gives it so much more character. Really makes the character conversations from the previous game and the likes of Skyrim etc seem so wooden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I think open world is good for The Witcher as long as it serves a purpose unlike needlessly open world games that we've seen a lot of lately.

There weren't a whole load of places to explore or go hunting in or do side missions in. There are basically a few main areas that have respawning enemies and you know that any side-quest is going to have you go there. The linearity kept the story on track but given the complex RPG elements of The Witcher, from simply requiring 2 swords down to researching monsters and making the right antidotes and poisons to fight them, I think open world would really benefit from all of this.

With how good this games looks... I'm scared for my GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Playing through 2 now, is it just me or is 1 on 1 combat really simple?

Aard and then smack him in the head until he falls down. Is this getting improved in 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not sure how to embed this so I'll link to it

http://www.viddler.com/v/f0ea259c?secret=60661080#errorExplanation

Shows gameplay and part of a quest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Playing through 2 now, is it just me or is 1 on 1 combat really simple?

Aard and then smack him in the head until he falls down. Is this getting improved in 3?

Playing through 2 also, yeah 1v1 is pretty easy, hell...1v many is pretty easy too in some situations. Keep meaning to download the semi-official combat overhaul.

Those looking at buying it from GOG, just remember you also get about €11 cashback because of their policy on alternating currency. I doubt preorders will be cheaper elsewhere if you have the full discount for owning the previous two games.

Advertisement