Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Interesting that this is what it takes to get this thread active, last post before today was in January. He should really start keeping his private life private. Adam Scott gets married in secret and nobody even knows about it until a month after it happened.

Well he's been playing a lot better this year but without any wins not much activity here. I suppose in his position it is very hard to keep his private life private. The media cover his every move and it doesn't help that he was engaged to another famous sports star. I reckon he wanted to get it out of the way before lies and rumours started in the paper, this way he can try somewhat to just focus on the BMW Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

Daily Mail post

Bob, Maidstone, 4 hours ago
    She's got fat legs and will only get fatter when she stops playing and has babies. Rich people don't need to have fat wives

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 doogal

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Interesting that this is what it takes to get this thread active, last post before today was in January. He should really start keeping his private life private. Adam Scott gets married in secret and nobody even knows about it until a month after it happened.

Agreed! Scott is an example of how its done....Rory is still young though....his best golf will come between 30 and 35, he'll be mentally settled by then I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,713 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

doogal wrote: »
    Agreed! Scott is an example of how its done....Rory is still young though....his best golf will come between 30 and 35, he'll be mentally settled by then I think.

Unless he goes off the rails with fame.

Can't see it - but he is showing strange signs.

Twitter - Walking off course - court cases - bad mood - "personal problems " .

Can't see it - but Ronnie went nuts , plenty of pop stars - footballers.

He is running a fine line of being next Sergio

• Registered Users Posts: 3 doogal

Yep....Sergio does spring to mind ok...though Rory has bags more talent, agree with you on the distractions, Twitter etc..but look at what woods managed to juggle behind the scenes and was playing his best golf while doing it.....and every young one he could!
    Maybe Rory should gather himself up harem....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    LADS, LETS THREAD CAREFULLY HERE WITH SPECULATIONS / CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

ah i was going to tell yis all something before i read this ....better keep my trap shut now :rolleyes:
    SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Seriously? You think this will prevent him winning for the rest of the year? Ha! Yeah he will do sh*t this week... he tends not to do well here anyway but wins will come this year.

never made the cut at Wentworth as far as i know... think he will though this week.... he's been practicing!
    relaxed wrote: »
    He is famous for being famous at this stage, might as well just go on the reality TV circuit, date a Kardashian for a while, do celebrity big brother etc.

he's famous for being a great golfer, the other stuff came well after that

doogal wrote: »
    Yep....Sergio does spring to mind ok...though Rory has bags more talent, agree with you on the distractions, Twitter etc..but look at what woods managed to juggle behind the scenes and was playing his best golf while doing it.....and every young one he could!
    Maybe Rory should gather himself up harem....

Wouldn't say Sergio has way less talent. Sergio got into a loop - where his head became the issue.

Sergio entered the pro game as the best young player since Tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

onlyme! wrote: »
    Daily Mail post

Bob, Maidstone, 4 hours ago
    She's got fat legs and will only get fatter when she stops playing and has babies. Rich people don't need to have fat wives

lol

Someone who agrees with me :)

All joking aside - just to think straight.

It was a bit daft to get back with her - plan a wedding and break up. :o:)

Caroline and her mates are doing some bitching tonight. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tommybom

I wonder did she find out what really happened at medinah ie turning up late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Think he needs a change of caddy!

To be fair wedding invitations are tough. She should have never given him that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Tommybom wrote: »
    I wonder did she find out what really happened at medinah ie turning up late?

what really happened ?

green123 wrote: »
    what really happened ?
    Always thought it was very strange. Something will come out in years to come.
    think he was hanging around with tiger too much

To be fair wedding invitations are tough. She should have never given him that job.

I'd say he left her - because Rory wanted to Invite the Drunken Irish Uncle - that looks at her legs when pissed. She said - "no way."
    Rory said - " But he is class at the sing song after - played Rugby too"
    She said " You are not going to a sing song after"
    Rory said " Am I ****"
    She said " What"
    Rory said " Uncle Pajo goes - or I'm out"
    She said " This is about that hair cut isn't it"
    Rory said " It was your bleeding idea to change clubs"
    She said " I hate you"
    Rory said " Grand I'm going to Vegas for the stag anyway"
    She said " Vegas"
    Rory says " Tiger is coming baby".

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

Always thought it was very strange. Something will come out in years to come.
    think he was hanging around with tiger too much

Tiger's ****ing Rory ...shocker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

AH'd be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I'd say he left her - because Rory wanted to Invite the Drunken Irish Uncle - that looks at her legs when pissed. She said - "no way."
    Rory said " Am I ****"
    She said " What"
    She said " I hate you"
    She said " Vegas"
    :confused: you're wasted in here!

fullstop wrote: »

?:confused:

:D

fullstop wrote: »

Last line should have been

" And Tiger is bleeding coming"

• Advertisement

Rory said " Am I ****"
    She said " What"
    She said " I hate you"
    She said " Vegas"

I concur

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

He should have thought about it before he sent the Wedding Invitations out!

ryanf1 wrote: »
    He should have thought about it before he sent the Wedding Invitations out!

Wise words

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

When he sat down and thought about it he didn't fancy Caroline chasing him outta the house with a golf club or for a better hit a tennis racket after she finding out he couldn't keep it zipped in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

I'm sure Nike are highly delighted about this :rolleyes:

More distractions...I'd be shocked if he wins anything this year because "his head isn't right"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

John day style collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

No time for the guy since he dumped his childhood sweetheart as soon as he got a sniff of the big times. She was there at the beginning and for the bad times as he worked his way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Dear Rory,

For the love of all that is holy and good in this world, do yourself a favour and go off with your millions and sow your wild oats for at LEAST a decade. For inspiration I refer you to this gentleman:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2071097-why-miguel-angel-jimenez-is-the-most-interesting-man-in-golf

Who only got married last week at age 50.

Live the dream young man!

Loire.

No time for the guy since he dumped his childhood sweetheart as soon as he got a sniff of the big times. She was there at the beginning and for the bad times as he worked his way up.

To be fair it's not fairytale land we live in and who knows what the situation between them was.
    You don't stay with someone just because they were your first childhood love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

ForeRight wrote: »
    To be fair it's not fairytale land we live in and who knows what the situation between them was.
    You don't stay with someone just because they were your first childhood love

Wasn't there some kinda spin put on the fact yer wan did a spot of cheer leading ? I dont personally think that he or those close to him have handled his rise to fame particularly well..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement