Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Water Charges / Tax / Demonstrations / Irish Water / Meter Installations etc etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭olliesgirl55

Ogham wrote: »
    Some more figures on expected metered water bills here -

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/metered-water-charges-how-much-will-they-be.html

According to this a single person using the widely quoted average of 150l a day (55000 lt a year) will be charged about €77 a year on a meter but €195 without a meter.
    That is total BS why should they penalize unmetered properties. It's their bloody fault that the meter hasn't been installed.
    I have always been a person that conserved water wherever I lived because I don't believe in waste. So I am going to be charged more than double because Irish Water haven't figured out how to meter flats yet. God this has to be the most unfair system I have ever seen.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jiminho

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Both statements are untrue.

Care to explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

jiminho wrote: »
    Care to explain?
    Farmers on the public supply have been metered and paying for their water for years, no wastage also people with private wells don't waste water.

Private wells will not be metered.

Farmers on the public supply have been metered and paying for their water for years, no wastage also people with private wells don't waste water.

Private wells will not be metered.

Generally people who are metered are more conscious of their water usage, so you're telling me the only people who don't waste water are the people who are already metered??? :rolleyes: Obviously private wells won't be metered but they have other costs like electricity for pump, filtration system, chemical system etc. so you're just being silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

jiminho wrote: »
    Generally people who are metered are more conscious of their water usage, so you're telling me the only people who don't waste water are the people who are already metered??? :rolleyes: Obviously private wells won't be metered but they have other costs like electricity for pump, filtration system, chemical system etc. so you're just being silly.

No I know plenty people that weren't metered that don't waste water, you said everyone in Ireland wasted water. Sure everyone with private wells pay the cost of installation and maintenance but they won't be metered.

• Advertisement

No I know plenty people that weren't metered that don't waste water, you said everyone in Ireland wasted water. Sure everyone with private wells pay the cost of installation and maintenance but they won't be metered.

You're taking what I said far too literally. If it makes you happy I can rephrase what I wrote:

"Bingo!! but tbf, everyone the majority of people in Ireland are wasteful with their water. Everyone, besides people who have already been metered for years and/or have private wells, will get metered eventually."

Sorted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭mail

Hi , I would like to know who may be responsible for the new water charges in a rental property. Will the water be classed as a utility bill the same as electricity that the tennant must pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Tenant pays. It's a utility bill based on usage, or is supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Yes, why not ? Not like the landlord is using it is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Why wouldn't it be? It's a utility that is consumed by the tenant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

discodavie wrote: »
    Yes, why not ? Not like the landlord is using it is it ?

You would be surprised with the amount of tenants that will genieuely be shocked when you tell them they are responsible for paying a TV licence. Even through the user should pay

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hp1

hfallada wrote: »
    You would be surprised with the amount of tenants that will genieuely be shocked when you tell them they are responsible for paying a TV licence. Even through the user should pay
    If the tv is provided on the house the landlord is responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

who here has:

A. filled out their IW application

B. returned it to sender???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

hp1 wrote: »

No it's the occupiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

hp1 wrote: »

Wrong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hp1

Wrong :rolleyes:

Oops.

Rented accommodation
    If you are a tenant living in rented accommodation with a television you must have a television licence. This applies irrespective of who owns the television (whether the television belongs to you or the landlord). The law states that anyone resident on a premises in possession of a television set must have a television licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    who here has:

A. filled out their IW application

B. returned it to sender???

Sitting on it till further discussion with landlord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why?

Possibly feeling lonely and just needs someone to talk to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Gatling wrote: »

Why, do you need help writing your pps number??

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why?

Hes anti water charges , he's all above board but in his own words they cant turn off water the apartment or fit a meter ,
    To him there is no real consequence to not paying as it stands were the only ones in out block that havent left the pack for the postman to collect "return to sender "
    19 out of 20 apartments in our block have left the packs as marked above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Why do you need to discuss with LL? They will already have got their LL pack and sent back the details, unless its a complicated set up, the process is straight forward.

MouseTail wrote: »
    Why do you need to discuss with LL? They will already have got their LL pack and sent back the details,

He dropped his pack in here last week unopened its sitting in a drawer with our pack ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

There's a lot of confusion over who must register with Irish water. My wife got a registration pack for our residence. I got a pack for the rental property I have addressed to me at our residence. It is very unclear how I am supposed to fill in the form on behalf of the occupants.

I shall be writing "return to sender "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I shall be writing "return to sender "

Good look with that !

The amount of seemingly intelligent people who have been sucked in by this "return to sender" "no contract - no consent" myth is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

whippet wrote: »
    Good look with that !

The amount of seemingly intelligent people who have been sucked in by this "return to sender" "no contract - no consent" myth is worrying.

Its like everyone thinks it's just magically going to go away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

My issue is that i have a sceptic tank and a well drilled.

According to citizens advice i wont be charged.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/water_services/water_charges.html

But they expect me to 'apply for the free allowanes'?

Can i expect more letters from other private companies that i have nothing to do with?

Maybe ryanair is going to write to me and ask for a copy of my passport.

whippet wrote: »
    Good look with that !

I never said anything about that it all I said was I am putting down "return to sender" nothing more

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Its like everyone thinks it's just magically going to go away
    I am not saying if anyone should or should not fill out the form but a few years ago the government sent out a water charges bill. When most of Dublin burnt the bill the amount was dropped and a few people ended up paying. A friend of mine paid for the first 2 years i think.
    So it magically went away for most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I never said anything about that it all I said was I am putting down "return to sender" nothing more

Can you let us know why you are doing this? Do you not want to recieve the correct bills?

Advertisement