Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any reviews yet? Always wary of embargos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kiith wrote:
    Any reviews yet? Always wary of embargos.

It's getting a 23GB day one patch so the game they are playing to review right now might be very buggy & won't have the Bethesda name tied to it that helps reviewers look past their games bugs at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Seems very little hype/ chatter about this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skerries wrote: »
    just got a text from DHL to say my copy is coming

Did you get a chance to play it?

What size is this as a ps4 download?

It's a whopping 46.486 GB! Currently downloading. Seems to includes day 1 patch.

Also wondering.

It's unlocking for me at midnight tonight so will play for a couple of hours. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it only arrived today so tried to install it from the 4 disks but didn't work so had to use the code from my account.
    It is 31.6 GB installed but won't let me play till launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm watching the ign stream. A dev is playing it, early game seems kinda dull & the ign host he's doing it with has been doing a Hank Hill impression which he is finding hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Played it last night for about half an hour,it seems the 1st few hours will be tutorial as there are alot of systems to learn,but it looks good and havent seen any bugs yet. The combat will take a bit of getting used to id say..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bigphil2 wrote: »
    The combat will take a bit of getting used to id say..

Very slow is it?

Very slow is it?

Ive only had one fist fight so far,it seems cumbersome,i believe the sword combat is better..

I lost the fight btw,but i have the feeling you are supposed to lose that particular one as it leads to other options that seem to be part of the tutorial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

It sounds very buggy il have to wait for a while to get this anyway but still looking forward to trying it.

Ive only had one fist fight so far,it seems cumbersome,i believe the sword combat is better..

I lost the fight btw,but i have the feeling you are supposed to lose that particular one as it leads to other options that seem to be part of the tutorial.

Nope... I won that fight!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Nope... I won that fight!

Damn,well i am sh*te at all games,so that would explain it..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Damn,well i am sh*te at all games,so that would explain it..

I won it too, I didn't think you could lose it....

Person in question does mutter that I'll hear from him again about this, so it's possible the result doesn't matter.

Spear wrote: »
    I won it too, I didn't think you could lose it....

Person in question does mutter that I'll hear from him again about this, so it's possible the result doesn't matter.

The game allows the player to play in a myriad of ways. You could get your gang of friends and gang up on him. You can poison his food. You can pickpocket him. You can break into the house. You can win the fight/ lose the fight/ not fight at all. That's pretty cool.

Reviews i've seen so far say it's pretty good, but damn buggy. Which is what i'd kind of expected. Apparently the story is great.

I'll definitely pick it up next month once.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

yeah even the ones giving it a low score seem to have a lot of good will towards and would have scored higher but for the bugs. think I'll hold off for a few patches to come out before i go near it. It does kind of look like an early access game to me.

The game allows the player to play in a myriad of ways. You could get your gang of friends and gang up on him. You can poison his food. You can pickpocket him. You can break into the house. You can win the fight/ lose the fight/ not fight at all. That's pretty cool.

yeah,in my playthrough,i picked the talking skill and stamina,so maybe could have won it with strength,it looks like my mates will be helping me to sort him out after we fling sh*t at a Germans house..

Yeah,so played a few a hours last night,and I really like it,jank and all.. im sure the bugs that are in there,and i didnt find that many tbh,will be patched out soon enough..

I think i fecked up though as i snuck out of the 2nd castle to go back my village,
    ive no sword and there are bandits all over the place..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone playing on console? How's it running?

• Advertisement

Anyone playing on console? How's it running?

PS4 Pro,a bit of stutter occasionally but smooth enough frame rate for the most part,although ive seen some collision detection bugs,they are across all platforms though.

Loading times are a bit slow ive found.

Yeah,so played a few a hours last night,and I really like it,jank and all.. im sure the bugs that are in there,and i didnt find that many tbh,will be patched out soon enough..

I think i fecked up though as i snuck out of the 2nd castle to go back my village,
    ive no sword and there are bandits all over the place..

I killed three bandits on the way back to Skalitz. You should have Radzig's sword.

The game is awesome, the graphics are jaw dropping.

There have been some bugs, one person dropped from the sky about 500 yards in front of me and a few people had clothing pop in but overall, nothing major and hasnt detracted from the experience in any way really.

This will be a legendary cult game for some time i'd imagine. Modding should be interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Playing this last night and am enjoying it, it would be great if there was a PS VR version..

Looks very bland

Looks very bland

Its really not. In the first hour I
    had a fist fight with the local drunk before the village was attacked, my parents were murdered, I stopped a rape and escaped on horseback.

But, as you please, Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Will keep an eye on this and how it turns out after a few patches but the whole premise of it sounds great.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Its really not. In the first hour I
    had a fist fight with the local drunk before the village was attacked, my parents were murdered, I stopped a rape and escaped on horseback.

But, as you please, Sir.

08cc8be0132f411c46a308931558be2bcbc0dc50a97f9fb26d94e41ce7a69193.jpg

I added some spoiler tags there folks, as most people probably haven't even started playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

By all accounts of every review from the major gaming publications, it's a brilliant game minus the brownie points required for a 10/10 due to the technical problems & bugs.

Has anyone here played it on the xbox yet ? Do the bugs and performance issues have any noticeable impact on gameplay or are they negligible for the most part ?

Really want to get this game.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I added some spoiler tags there folks, as most people probably haven't even started playing.

Thanks

Advertisement