Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I never buy full price titles (PC).
    3 hours in. No regrets so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I killed three bandits on the way back to Skalitz. You should have Radzig's sword.

It wouldnt let me equip it for some reason? didnt get to play last night,so ill jump back in this evening and kill all them lads!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

By all accounts of every review from the major gaming publications, it's a brilliant game minus the brownie points required for a 10/10 due to the technical problems & bugs.

Has anyone here played it on the xbox yet ? Do the bugs and performance issues have any noticeable impact on gameplay or are they negligible for the most part ?

Really want to get this game.

Going by reddit the Xbox version never got the day one patch yet so is pretty much running a beta client at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Going by reddit the Xbox version never got the day one patch yet so is pretty much running a beta client at the moment.

Seems they provided the patch to Microsoft and the bottlekneck is on their side. Still though, It's not really acceptable, and I would be fuming had I bought this for Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems they provided the patch to Microsoft and the bottlekneck is on their side. Still though, It's not really acceptable, and I would be fuming had I bought this for Xbox.

Not sure I'd believe what the developers are saying on that front to be honest, they keep changing their story and getting arsey with anyone who questions them about it.

• Advertisement

One of the things that really stands out for me in this though is the writing, it's excellent. The story is great so far, the dialogue is really engrossing and the VOA is brilliantly done. The characters are really well rounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What is the combat like???
    Looking at videos I imagine it's similar to For Honour but it seems slower & more floaty??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dcully wrote: »

Its likely that will be patched way before 99% of players reach 300 saves.

ERG89 wrote: »
    What is the combat like???
    Looking at videos I imagine it's similar to For Honour but it seems slower & more floaty??

It's kinda like For Honour in terms of the combat, although I only played that a bit. Stylistically/ on screen it's similar to TES - they giys come at you. It's actually super intense as you can be killed handy enough. If you're fighting more than one guy at once, you can be in real trouble.

Ive had two fights against two opponents. The first I won as it was against an archer and a swordsman, I was able to kill the swordsman and then hunt the archer. The second time I was fighting a swordsman in armour and some other dıck - they killed me like 4 times in a row, going to try and riddle that again this evening.

I think it will take some time to master, it's reasonably deep. There is a) movement (incl. strafing), b) parrying and blocking, and c) varieties of attack.

Of course the weapon you wield and the armour of the attacker are important. E.g. swords not great v. Armour etc.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »

Is that in relation to the mod created for it? Wouldn't lose sleep over it anyway as WH are already taking note of some issues people have e.g. lockpicking. They have said also that they will look at adding more save options.

I'd say twill be resolved before it's an issue, if it is.

A wild 12GB patch appears. V. 1.03.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Loving the game so far.. but the lock picking is impossible.. cannot get the hang of it,

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Loving the game so far.. but the lock picking is impossible.. cannot get the hang of it,

It was so frustrating i ended up
    murdering the executioner to get the crappy ring

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought this yesterday, so looking forward to getting stuck in over the weekend. Reviews all seemed to say it was great, bar the bugs, which hopefully won't be too bad after the latest patch.

Kiith wrote: »
    Bought this yesterday, so looking forward to getting stuck in over the weekend. Reviews all seemed to say it was great, bar the bugs, which hopefully won't be too bad after the latest patch.

Im playing on Ps4 pro and to be honest,bugs have been minimal in my experience,certainly nothing game breaking,the only thing i have found really frustrating is the lock picking,but they are going to patch that..

Jesus, the quest with the priest from Uzhitz... Possibly the greatest ever quest? I was kinda drunk playing it but by God was that absolutely hilarious! Just brilliant.

bigphil2 wrote: »
    It was so frustrating i ended up
    murdering the executioner to get the crappy ring

i am thinking this is now why some of the shop owners wont serve me anymore?

bigphil2 wrote: »
    i am thinking this is now why some of the shop owners wont serve me anymore?

Dunno, maybe. If you are a filthy murderer, people may not like you.

Could also be if you are literally filthy - if your clothes are manky or blood stained. They don't like that apparently.

Dunno, maybe. If you are a filthy murderer, people may not like you.

Could also be if you are literally filthy - if your clothes are manky or blood stained. They don't like that apparently.

Thats an idea alright.. to the bathhouse this evening! if i can find the thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Enjoying it so far. The dialog is engrossing. My mam when passing by the screen likes the old buildings with the chickens running around.

Dying to get out of work and play some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This game looks so interesting. Not buying anything new for a while but will definitely pick it up down the line. I saw there is a trophy for staying celibate and finishing the game a Virgin. I think that's the greatest trophy I've ever seen.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This game looks so interesting. Not buying anything new for a while but will definitely pick it up down the line. I saw there is a trophy for staying celibate and finishing the game a Virgin. I think that's the greatest trophy I've ever seen.

Screwed that one up last night. Giggidy giggidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Decent game but don't see me sticking with it in the long run. Combat is terrible IMO, it's like they took the For Honour template and dialled down the intensity tenfold. I mean I get the realistic approach they are going for, but combat literally feels like it's taking place in slow motion, with very little weight behind anything and no real sense that you are connecting with strikes.

The open world also feels lifeless as well, minimal NPC's and minimal wildlife lead me to feel like I'm walking through a bland, half finished diorama rather than a faithful recreation of a medieval landscape. The lack of meaningful things to do and see as well drastically harm the exploration side of things.

On the plus side, some of the quests are somewhat well written, along with some decent voice acting here and there. The world can be quite nice to look at as well once you get over the fact that it's there purely as window dressing and doesn't really contain any worthwhile content.

Almost reminds me of Mafia II, great atmosphere and recreation of a certain time period, even if the open world is largely pointless and empty. Glad people are enjoying it though and hope it does well as diversity in the RPG market is always appreciated.

Animation is a bit weak. If this came out a decade ago, it would look great. The cut scenes are brilliantly animated, but everything else is clunky. Kinda brings me out of it and that's a huge flaw considering this game's biggest strength seems to be immersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Animation is a bit weak. If this came out a decade ago, it would look great. The cut scenes are brilliantly animated, but everything else is clunky. Kinda brings me out of it and that's a huge flaw considering this game's biggest strength seems to be immersion.

I think that's my biggest problem, so many little things pull me out of the experience. Be it the pop in, sluggish combat, poor animation/lip sync or empty world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

this game has the lone stone picky bastard seal of approval.

I got thrown in jail. Waited out the jail. As soon as I get out of jail, get thrown in jail for not having a torch at night. Repeat until I'm lucky enough to get released during the day.

• Advertisement

I got thrown in jail. Waited out the jail. As soon as I get out of jail, get thrown in jail for not having a torch at night. Repeat until I'm lucky enough to get released during the day.

:pac:

Advertisement