Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Comments

• Just got thrown in jail for carrying a body??? I thought this was some event where the guard is corrupt but nope, a bug I guess. Another ten days in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I just did the hunting mission. I could have spent hours in that forest...beutiful!

I'm so bad at the bow and arrow. A stupid little rabbit was mocking me, surrounded by my broken arrows on the ground beside him.

Then a deer darted across the screen and I took him out on my first shot. It felt like such an achievement! I looted 90 pieces of deer meat at 12.5 grouschens a piece. I couldn't carry any of it back though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gonna wait on this, as much as I like the setting it still is a unfinished product, patched up and cheap in a few months and I will be on board, looking forward to seeing what mods will be out by then as well.

• Xenji wrote: »
    Gonna wait on this, as much as I like the setting it still is a unfinished product, patched up and cheap in a few months and I will be on board, looking forward to seeing what mods will be out by then as well.

100%. I got stuck trying to go through some doors last night. I was trapped in a house. I had to attack a guard to get him to throw me in jail to escape.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

100%. I got stuck trying to go through some doors last night. I was trapped in a house. I had to attack a guard to get him to throw me in jail to escape.

Sounds like you've become institutionalised a bit with all the time you're spending in jail :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I slaughtered an entire camp of 5 bandits just now. The loot was magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sounds like you've become institutionalised a bit with all the time you're spending in jail :pac:

He will be taking payments to go to prison soon, a medieval timed "Jimmy in and out" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I slaughtered an entire camp of 5 bandits just now. The loot was magnificent.

Care to share your tactics? :) I'm having a nightmare with combat if I come up against any more than one enemy at a time so any pointers would be appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So is this like the Witcher then or what ?

goon_magee wrote: »
    Care to share your tactics? :) I'm having a nightmare with combat if I come up against any more than one enemy at a time so any pointers would be appreciated!!

In that instance, I snuck over to nearby where the camp was and whistled (like to call the horse). That drew the perimeter guard, who I shot with a bow. The commotion slowly drew three more at intervals so I was able to hit another with the bow before smacking the second, the third was an archer who hung back, who I then charged. I killed the fifth in the camp.

You do need a bit of luck with it to be honest, the combat can be pretty intense. If you find you have 2 or more attacking you close up at any point, you really need to back up and get a bit of space between you and them.

Spend Groschen on training as well to improve your abilities and train with lads to get more used to combat and your own style. You can learn how to riposte or do a combo well. It's tricky but pays dividends.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So is this like the Witcher then or what ?

Haven’t played it but based on the reviews I don’t think so.

It’s an RPG but there’s no magic or fantasy elements and the combat looks very different. It’s also first person.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Seems to be very little buzz around this game which I find surprising considering it’s a massive open world RPG.. just goes to show without the corporate media hype machine how great games can fly under the radar.

Like with most RPG’s I sank around 20 hours into an initial play through, made all the noob mistakes and started over again and I’m enjoying this second attempt much more thoroughly.

The lock picking on console is incredibly frustrating and I find the way NPC’s interact with certain situations completely bizarre... like you come across town guards being held hostage by cumans on the middle of the road, I dispatched the Cumans and freed the guards and attempted to loot the corpses only to be accused of being a thief by the guard I’d just saved and dragged off to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Got this yesterday on a whim as a gift to myself for finishing up some college work. I got it on PC and my god the combat is tough going, I got into the worlds longest boxing fight with the town drunk where we both traded jabs and wild hooks for what felt like an hour while two guards stood watching us. Eventually I just gave up. Did the little tutorial with the guy but didn't learn much from that, think I just need to practice it. Its janky enough at times and is it just me or are some character models woeful and others are excellent? Like Robard and Divish in the second town are really well done but his wife (can't remember her name) looks terrible.

I'm finding progress slow and the inventory menu is messy but I'm enjoying it all the same. Unfortunately for me I won't have much time to sink into it with work and college in the evenings so probably won't really get stuck into it for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i had a guard yelling at me to get out of a barrack, he was standing in the doorway .... yep that went well.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i had a guard yelling at me to get out of a barrack, he was standing in the doorway .... yep that went well.

I also find it funny they get all annoyed at you for walking around without a torch after dark when every NPC around you walks around without a light after dark

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think it's a fantastic game. Yeah, there are a few bugs, and it's clunky as hell in places, but it's a really engrossing world, with some great combat. Played it for 16 hours since yesterday morning, and feel like i'm only scratching the surface. Absolutely worth picking it up imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

8 hours in according to steam, had a few really frustrating save issues which caused me grief so downloaded the save mod. Think with a patch it'll really come into its own. I'm still struggling with the combat but I've at least figured out what I'm supposed to be doing now so its not as annoying.

I'd say the mods for this are going to be crazy good.

Yeah, i had a potentially game breaking save issue as well (infinite load screen), but thankfully an earlier save worked. I'm tempted to get the save anywhere mod, as i never really enjoy this type of saving. It's not bad, just more of an annoyance.

Combat is damn hard if you have multiple enemies, but i can take most solo or dual enemies now. An arrow to the face slows most people down pretty quick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

good few mods already for this

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/

edit: ha! was looking at them and one is All merchants can fence and I was thinking "why do I want to fight the merchants?" :o:D

The save issue is jusy not an issue for me anymore, I just make sure to keep a healthy supply of Saviour Schnapps on me.

The game saves itself often enough between mission progress/ sleeping etc.

• Advertisement

I quite enjoy the save mechanic. It keeps me on my toes and makes me think twice before running into a bandit camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea i had to get the save mod, it was to frustrating i lost an hour or so in one area because of it. And the lock picking i just cant do it with the joypad so i ended up modding that aswell, which is anoying as i generally love doing that sort of thing in games.

The lockpicking is definitely screwed.

Is it even possible to do lockpicking properly with a m/kb? Seems like it is reliant on key pressure, but maybe i was just doing it wrong.

Either way, i'm a good honourable lad, so i wouldn't be stealing stuff. It is frustrating clearing out a bandit camp only to find a locked chest however. Surely one of the bandits i just slaughtered should have had a key?

I focused solely on very easy locks until my skill increased enough that I could tackle easy locks.

Apparently dropping your dpi settings can help.

I’m finding the bugs quite bad on PS4, ranging from weird graphical glitches like towns and villages not properly loading in to quest breaking scripting bugs.

Getting this one bug where Teresa keeps following me around everywhere after I took her on that walk. It makes lockpicking and pickpocketing impossible because she runs to get the guards every time she sees you.

Parachutes wrote: »
    I’m finding the bugs quite bad on PS4, ranging from weird graphical glitches like towns and villages not properly loading in to quest breaking scripting bugs.

Getting this one bug where Teresa keeps following me around everywhere after I took her on that walk. It makes lockpicking and pickpocketing impossible because she runs to get the guards every time she sees you.

Duplicitous wench!

Sums the game up pretty well :P

cc6a963c4927333ab7a5cf0690040902.png

It certainly is a steep learning curve!

Has anyone attempted the quest where you get the five pieces of Queen Sheba’s sword? Without the help of the internet you could spend months trying to get them all and still not manage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Looks well!

I'll be picking this up once they release the few upcoming patches.

Advertisement