Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Your Meme privileges have been revoked

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got my first win in Battle Royale on PC after only 15 matches played. Not bad considering i never played a Battlegrounds game like this before :cool::cool::cool: It was a weird game because for the first 5 minutes of so i couldn't find a gun to save my life.

Protip: If you're down to the last 5 or so people beware of bushes. People like to hide in them and they make excellent camo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Any Xbox one players online?

Add me, I need an excuse to use my new Xbox more. ProcoJR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Add me, I need an excuse to use my new Xbox more. ProcoJR

You made the jump to Xbox, you still playing gta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

You made the jump to Xbox, you still playing gta?

I got a cheap One S a few months ago but PS4 will still be my main console.

Not gonna buy GTA5 for Xbox, I got so bored of the GTA online grind that I've barely played it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started playing Battle Royale on this today I really like it ......but feels like there's something missing , Is Day Z still coming to consoles or is that dead ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Downloaded this yesterday and the crew were on last night. Brilliant craic for a freebe to whet the appetite for player unknown. Probably about three hours last night and I'll be back tonight. It's awful hard and a game like this really shows up that I'm a crap gamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

what platform are you guys playing on?

there's a group of us from here that play on ps4 I could add you to the chat.

Xbone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Jayop wrote: »
    It's awful hard and a game like this really shows up that I'm a crap gamer.

Same here though slowly improving. Won a solo, duo, and squad match last night. Building is key!!

• Advertisement

Scotty # wrote: »
    Same here though slowly improving. Won a solo, duo, and squad match last night. Building is key!!

You can't be too bad so lol. I'm happy if I finish top 30 with a kill or two.

You can't be too bad so lol. I'm happy if I finish top 30 with a kill or two.

In Solo or Duo I usually aim for a hill/mountain near a main drop point (town etc) at the far side of the island (a lot of people bail out early) once you learn the hills with the best chance of loot you will usually get 2 or 3 guns early on with little to no bother and can then build up a good amount of materials.

In squads I would usually try to hit a prime drop area as far away from the bus as possible and that usually works out pretty good.

I take it very cautious when it comes to engaging people if they haven't seen me yet as I'm no that good at shooting people :pac:

You'll learn a lot watching this guy > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS0ogbqfZPZBzvhtSqBFBgw

PS4 streamer who's on most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played this over the weekend. I'm apparently brilliant at hide and seek not so good at shooting people. Jumped in got a shotgun, hid, moved to storm circle, hid, killed a guy, moved to storm circle, attacked a fort, turned a winning position into defeat and came 11th.
    Still not sure if this is for me but it could be something that grows on me.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played this over the weekend. I'm apparently brilliant at hide and seek not so good at shooting people. Jumped in got a shotgun, hid, moved to storm circle, hid, killed a guy, moved to storm circle, attacked a fort, turned a winning position into defeat and came 11th.
    Still not sure if this is for me but it could be something that grows on me.

this sounds exactly like me.

in solo I drop in a try hit a hill rather than house and usually find a weapon or two, then I spend my time sneaking and staying up with the storm won a game last night where I got four kills I think three coming when it was down to the top 10. Killed two of those as they ran from the storm.

I know, I'm a bad man. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah saw a comment that you could get 98 kills and still end up losing. Highly unlikely but theoretically possible. This appeals to me in that you can win by being sneaky. The whole building aspect seems alien to me.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah saw a comment that you could get 98 kills and still end up losing. Highly unlikely but theoretically possible. This appeals to me in that you can win by being sneaky. The whole building aspect seems alien to me.

the building is very handy in certain circumstances, I tend to stay away from it as much as possible though because it draws a lot of attention.

last night when I won the game I hid in a structure generated by the game and as the other 3 guys were in buildings they ended up fighting each other and no one paid attention to me so I let them kill each other or pick one or two off from a far.

To be fair I had some pretty good weapons drop from a guy near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Rossi7

Young lad is looking to get this for Christmas along with a new xbox, is this game available to buy in shops or do you download it onto the console

Rossi7 wrote: »
    Young lad is looking to get this for Christmas along with a new xbox, is this game available to buy in shops or do you download it onto the console

not sure if you can get it through shops or not, you can buy the PvE game made through the store though.

what mode is he looking to play?

currently the PvP battle royal mode is free to play and the PvE mode you currently have to pay for but I believe this is going to be free soon also.

SeanHarty wrote: »

not sure if you can get it through shops or not, you can buy the PvE game made through the store though.

what mode is he looking to play?

currently the PvP battle royal mode is free to play and the PvE mode you currently have to pay for but I believe this is going to be free soon also.
    He downloaded it onto his PS4 for free so he's looking to do the same thing I'd imagine

• Advertisement

He downloaded it onto his PS4 for free so he's looking to do the same thing I'd imagine

same job then just on a different console, so the game will be free for him

Maybe see about PUBG. Xbox players have been excited about the release of this for a long time now and it's coming next month. Same format as Fortnite, you do have to pay for it but it'll take a lot of the Fortnite players away. I know my squad are only playing this to pass the time before PUBG comes out.

Maybe see about PUBG. Xbox players have been excited about the release of this for a long time now and it's coming next month. Same format as Fortnite, you do have to pay for it but it'll take a lot of the Fortnite players away. I know my squad are only playing this to pass the time before PUBG comes out.
    He's looking that as well :D I have that on pre order with Smyths. I just couldn't find where Fortnite was on sale. Thanks very much lads for the help, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

One of the best games I have played and certainly the best free game I have played, you can run and gun to success of sneak and peak its up to you. Steep learning curve but my god you catch on quick, I was absolute dire at the start but have played 35 games now and won my first one last night......its takes skill and a pinch of luck to win but its very enjoyable.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    One of the best games I have played and certainly the best free game I have played, you can run and gun to success of sneak and peak its up to you. Steep learning curve but my god you catch on quick, I was absolute dire at the start but have played 35 games now and won my first one last night......its takes skill and a pinch of luck to win but its very enjoyable.

Brilliant game! Would love to see them add in Clans and update the invite system so you can see whos online easier so its handier to team up.

Squads is a blast as is Duos and its nearly relaxing playing solo until the top ten then its nerve racking!

Great game, 10/10 from me considering its free and they seem to be pretty consistent with listening to the community and dropping updates pretty darn fast to fix the issues.

Better than a LOT of games I've spent 60euro+ on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I know its free but €12 for a fookin skin is mental.....if they were say a €5 each I would get one or 2 but no way at that price. I know, I know the game is free but its still very pricey.

A lot of money alright but sure yolo

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

YOLO: you only log on

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I know its free but €12 for a fookin skin is mental.....if they were say a €5 each I would get one or 2...
    Agree 100%. If they were a €3 - €5 I'd have probably bought 5 or 6 of them by now but at €12 each, which actually means you got to spend at least €20 to get enough vbucks, I haven't bought any.

• Advertisement

Scotty # wrote: »
    Agree 100%. If they were a €3 - €5 I'd have probably bought 5 or 6 of them by now but at €12 each, which actually means you got to spend at least €20 to get enough vbucks, I haven't bought any.

I would prob pay 12euro for a B.A Baracus one for the black avatar to be fair...

Add in just punching instead of the pickaxe then you have a real winner.

Advertisement