Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin weather!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rain is grand during the week, we dont want/need it on the weekends!

Disclaimer :: Those of us with proper jobs at least! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Got out at 7:15 and played 18 holes in 2hrs15mins. Granted I did walk quickly between shots but I wasn't overly rushing and didn't have to look for balls. I did take a few practice chips after poor shots around the greens. No one for eight holes behind me and I never even got in the way of the greenkeepers so the course was all mine, can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Sitting in an office with no windows, reading you ba$tards talking about golf in the sun!!!

Forecast for rain on Saturday...of course there is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭benny79

Im sitting in a office looking out the window reading about them ba$tards as well! heart breaking...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Shut up, shut up, shut up!

Imprisoned in my office for the day, looking out at the brilliant blue sky and Galway Bay glistening in the distance. I'd give anything to be on a golf course now...I'd even settle for the range!

Due to play Saturday and Sunday, but looking at the forecast Saturday isn't looking great and if I get out on Sunday I'll be taking the wet gear and underarmor out of hibernation.

Bum :(

• Advertisement

I'm leaving the office early this evening. i dont care, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

fearruanua wrote: »

its not too wide a band of rain, might pass through before work finishes this evening for folks on our latitude ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »
    its not too wide a band of rain, might pass through before work finishes this evening for folks on our latitude ;)

I'll have my new waterproof jacket so i don't mind what the weather is!!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looks like the golfing gods are annoyed with us for the second week in a row. You couldn't plan it any worse. Rain due this evening and more or less down for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Saving my weekend golf till Monday - hoping the worst of the ****e will have blown through

I don't care what the weather is - am playing sunday morning!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I don't care what the weather is - am playing sunday morning!!

Your playing partners may not appreciate you ;)

they'll be grand!!! Sure its only rain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

some dose when it rains at the weekend after being dry all week.

took myself out of tomorrow couldnt face the disappointment in the morning. hope its all gone by Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭benny79

Especially 2 weekends in a row after its been great mid week!

Sure its a great country Ted....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Can anybody tell me if they know of any courses that are open today in the dublin/kildare area?

Was supposed to play corballis but its closed, as are donabate and balcarrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

padzer wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if they know of any courses that are open today in the dublin/kildare area?

Was supposed to play corballis but its closed, as are donabate and balcarrick.

Probably too late for you now but I'm just back from playing BlackBush in Dunshaughlin. Course was closed earlier this morning but reopened at 08:00 and open singles competition went ahead. Course was playable although very wet with a good bit of casual water early on in the round. Bunkers were the biggest problem with some of them closed and others having casual water resulting in dropped balls in the bunkers plugging. Turned out to be a decent morning although it's hammering down heavy rain now again.

Surprised Corvallis was closed, you'd think if any place had a chance of being open it would be a links.

Was a lovely morning for a round!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Miserable for a game, load of brownie points built up but ain't playing in that drizzly muck, where's my sun....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

slave1 wrote: »
    Miserable for a game, load of brownie points built up but ain't playing in that drizzly muck, where's my sun....:mad:

It's over here !!!!....just back from a day in a water park in Spain. Golf course passed on the way in. Consoled myself with thought it was too hot to play. Reckon I would have managed :-)

Hoping to sneak some sun into my case on way home !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,707 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Talk of a change in weather at weekend - not a great picture , but a sign in sky this evening.

[IMG][/img]2afyki8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Talk of a change in weather at weekend - not a great picture , but a sign in sky this evening.

[IMG][/img]2afyki8.jpg

Need the change by thursday morning please

• Registered Users Posts: 20,707 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Well hopefully that was the last of it.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/long.html

Was out today with Poppy - was at edge of playable - think I only had 3 pars and 1 bird - bogies and more for rest. Was near impossible to hold ball against wind. Was crazy stuff - but enjoyable all the same.

Think that is the end of that tonight.

Had winter hats on in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Got caught in a thunder and lightning storm earlier on, not were you want to be when there's lightning. Got absolutely soaked. Playing quite good until the rain came. Game fell to pieces after. Was just miserable :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Got caught in a thunder and lightning storm earlier on, not were you want to be when there's lightning. Got absolutely soaked. Playing quite good until the rain came. Game fell to pieces after. Was just miserable :(
    If you're ever caught in thunder storm again hold up a 1 iron, even God couldn't hit one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I haven't played in about three weeks and am very much looking forward to getting out on Sunday morning. Just had a look at the charts and reviewed a few forecasts and frost is looking like a distinct possibility! :(

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I haven't played in about three weeks and am very much looking forward to getting out on Sunday morning. Just had a look at the charts and reviewed a few forecasts and frost is looking like a distinct possibility! :(

Whatever about rain, I doubt frost will be an issue.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Have taken tomorrow off to play a game.......weather is horrendous , in Cork anyway from tonight. just our luck :-(

• Advertisement

Dbu wrote: »
    Have taken tomorrow off to play a game.......weather is horrendous , in Cork anyway from tonight. just our luck :-(

Serious rain coming over the next 24 hours unfortunately

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement