Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

2,500 posts, when Dark Souls 1 is 3 years older? Not very much at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They're the same type of people that dismissed Wind Waker because of the art or hell even dismissed a Dark Souls for going open world.

No they are not. You are lumping two incredibly different sets of people together. Some people dont like change. They know what they like and stick with it. They play the same type of games and shun any others. They are the types who balked at Wind waker...because it was different. Dark souls fans do not fall into that category.

I think a lot of entitled gamers really need to shut up and people need to stop listening to them. You buy a game and it turns out shoddy, fair enough, have a rant about it and hopefully the developer can pick up on it and improve. However moaning about a game before it's even out is just stupid and those types of entitled muppets should grow up.

And you have to accept other peoples opinions. They dont always fall into line with your own. There are those who are fans of the games and yet recognise the shortcomings of them.....and would like them addressed in the sequel.

Not falling to your knees in adoration at everything that a developer gives you doesnt make you entitled. If the "entitled" never spoke up, Dark souls two would have had another blighttown. No improvements would have been made.

People are not objective regarding their own work. It takes critique and analyses from others to make a better game. How do you know what people liked and didnt without feedback? If you people just "shut up" and gushed, we wouldnt have gotten the steady improvement in each souls games.

You're welcome by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I like to temper my disappointment instead of jumping into hyperbole like some of the souls community. I did find DS2 disappointing but also recognise it was an excellent game. It was the B teams first attempt and they did a pretty good job. Hopefully they've learned a thing or two and took on some fan feedback about DS2. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think the thing they were missing were some design elements - put Miyazaki in charge of that team and they'll created a top tier game, the man is just a genius and he can't be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Praise The Sun :D official announcement and details coming at E3.

IGN just leaked the following promotional image it received in the buildup to E3

The unreleased, official art below displays an armored hero covered tattered cloth and flames, as well as the suggested launch frame of "Early 2016."

jpg

Praise the Moon has to make an appearance!

Man am I gonna be hyped for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Praise the Moon has to make an appearance!

Man am I gonna be hyped for this

Are you a night elf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Dark souls...demon souls...what was that last one they made? That's a lot of souls games. It's going assassins creed spam titles every year route.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Dark souls...demon souls...what was that last one they made? That's a lot of souls games. It's going assassins creed spam titles every year route.

Dark Souls 2 was the last Souls game, so it would be just 4 games in over 7 years if it Dark Souls 3 gets released next year, compared to AC which has had 15 titles in 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Yeah, if it comes out next year it will be the 4th game since 2009. 4 games in 7 years is fine. A title every two years should mean it will be good though! Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 were being developed at the same time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kirby wrote: »
    No they are not. You are lumping two incredibly different sets of people together. Some people dont like change. They know what they like and stick with it. They play the same type of games and shun any others. They are the types who balked at Wind waker...because it was different. Dark souls fans do not fall into that category.

And you have to accept other peoples opinions. They dont always fall into line with your own. There are those who are fans of the games and yet recognise the shortcomings of them.....and would like them addressed in the sequel.

Not falling to your knees in adoration at everything that a developer gives you doesnt make you entitled. If the "entitled" never spoke up, Dark souls two would have had another blighttown. No improvements would have been made.

People are not objective regarding their own work. It takes critique and analyses from others to make a better game. How do you know what people liked and didnt without feedback? If you people just "shut up" and gushed, we wouldnt have gotten the steady improvement in each souls games.

You're welcome by the way.

The point is, the idea that the customer is always right simply doesn't apply, the Souls games are made and the customer chooses to buy or not, or rather to buy into the concept as presented or not.
    Yeah, of the sales weren't there the franchise would have ended but those buyers essentially say "Yes please, we want more" but it's up to the creator to decide what that should be.
    I would be horrified to imagine that the opinions of the end users became the main force behind how any art appears, it would be tantamount to allowing every creative impulse be vetted by the largest focus group/ committee ever and only produce generic repeats of what has gone before.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The point is, the idea that the customer is always right simply doesn't apply, the Souls games are made and the customer chooses to buy or not, or rather to buy into the concept as presented or not.
    Yeah, of the sales weren't there the franchise would have ended but those buyers essentially say "Yes please, we want more" but it's up to the creator to decide what that should be.
    I would be horrified to imagine that the opinions of the end users became the main force behind how any art appears, it would be tantamount to allowing every creative impulse be vetted by the largest focus group/ committee ever and only produce generic repeats of what has gone before.
    Explains why there are so few COD and AC games that just slightly change timelines and locations. Ohhh....

EDIT: Felt I had to make something in the post about Dark Souls. Both DS1 and DS2 were huge commercial successes due to the relatively low budget and some awesome game sales. That is a recipe for "The consumer wants this, therefore we will make more". As much as I agree that developers should have the right to make the game in the style they see fit, at the end of the day games are made to make money. They are like movies and music, art forms that are made to generate revenue.

So if a company feels they can make money by making a game, they will do that. It gives the developer revenue so they can make any game they want (AKA Bloodborne, which, while being as difficult as the Souls games, had a totally different play and artistic style to the Souls series).

Well we can get rid of the rumour in the thread title :D

Praising_Intensifies.gif

Haven't watched the vid, don't care about it. It's confirmed that's all I care about.

:D:D:D:D:D

HYPED

*EDIT*

Watched it, a fire giant you say?

And Early 2016

This is great :D

Hopefully it ties together the story of one and two, and pushes it forward, maybe towards a definite end for the Chosen Undead. The Giant was definitely a hint towards DkS2 imo.

Won't be held back by previous Gen either like Dark 2 was, as a next gen PC exclusive. This will be the first PC game I'll have bought at face value :D Man I'm excited

Haven't watched the vid, don't care about it. It's confirmed that's all I care about.

:D:D:D:D:D

HYPED

*EDIT*

Watched it, a fire giant you say?

And Early 2016

This is great :D

Hopefully it ties together the story of one and two, and pushes it forward, maybe towards a definite end for the Chosen Undead. The Giant was definitely a hint towards DkS2 imo.

Won't be held back by previous Gen either like Dark 2 was, as a next gen PC exclusive. This will be the first PC game I'll have bought at face value :D Man I'm excited

Honestly it wasn't a very good trailer. But it looked like Anor Londo was in ruins, and a Giant from the second game made an appearance

**** i quoted you before you edited...

Who gives a **** if it's a good trailer the game is out there! Plenty of time for From to show it off :D This has me pumped as **** I'm going to step away from the PC before I flood the thread with my nerdgasms

Hadn't copped it was Anor Londo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This has been confirmed as the last Dark Souls game. Suppose the fact they even made this was pushing it for them.

This has been confirmed as the last Dark Souls game. Suppose the fact they even made this was pushing it for them.

It has been mentioned a few times that Kadokawa are very interested in working with SCEJ for upcoming From Software games, they see FS as being their gaming division flagship since buying them out, although that could also mean them working on dodgy anime/manga adaptions at some point as well.

Turns out that this will not be the last Dark Souls game.
    “First of all, this is not the final product for the Dark Souls series,” said Miyazaki to Eurogamer and Videogamer. “However, I believe it’s the turning point for the Dark Souls series.”

Was just coming here to post that

http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-3-isnt-the-last-in-the-series-but-is-a-turning-point/

Please don't go the way of Assassins Creed Fromsoft :(

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Some information (havent watched it yet):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Are we seeing the last of the fat roll?

Looks more like a child of Bloodborne than Dark Souls, but that may just be in the visual style.
    I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bloodborne with shields, awesome!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The speed of the combat definitely brings Bloodborne to mind more than DS. Hopefully spells and pyromancies will be back with a vengeance though :)

The speed of Bloodborne mixed with the cautious defence elements of DS. Nice. Also, those weapon arts look insane!

Excite!

Hmm, turned off the video after about 5mins. I really want to discover this game on my own, even gameplay mechanics

According to Miyazaki.
    Dark Souls 3 is the "turning point" in the franchise and will pave the way for something new, according to series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

From what I'm hearing, Magic Points (MP) are back like in Demon's Souls. A new "Ash Estus" flask is needed to replenish any special magic attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They're still binding stuff to the FPS with this, aren't they? Hence 30fps cap. I honestly have no intention of buying more souls games. DeS and DaS1 were the only ones I cared about.

Advertisement