Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

• 03-06-2015 8:23pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Go ahead....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

First post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(always wanted to have that accolade)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

inforfun wrote: »
    Go ahead....
    Mandalay King 4.30 Hamilton, won this race last year after 276 days absence, runs tomorrow after 233 days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

inforfun wrote: »
    Go ahead....

I see In Salutem is out in the Junction at 6.00. Coming off the back of 3 consecutive 2'nd's I think 4-1 is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Slattsy wrote: »
    First post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(always wanted to have that accolade)

:D

You're actually the second post!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

This is a "professional" but free tip I thought I would pass on

We are at Hamilton today for the last race on the card at a lowly Class 6 and a bunch of not very decent types, however KING OF PARADISE and TITUS BOLT do hold some appeal. The former winning last time out here at Hamilton in a Class 5, (although against similar horses as he races against today) but the latter has raced against much tougher competition and won, winning a Class 3 last year and has gone off the boil. He has therefore been dropped to Class 5's for his last 2 races where he came 2nd and then almost last last time out as he seems to have lost his mojo, but dropping him again into todays Class 6 may rekindle him, and if he can get in front of KING OF PARADISE he can win, and given the difference in their prices, (7/1 and 9/4) he is the better value bet.
    Time Venue Horse Odds Your Stake 17:00 Hamilton Titus Bolt 7/1 £3.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

7:05 Tipperary
    Get out of Jail 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

curioser wrote: »
    Mandalay King 4.30 Hamilton, won this race last year after 276 days absence, runs tomorrow after 233 days off.
    Rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fancy the fav in the last at Epsom make it up 7/2.

Jack Naylor a big each play for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

El Grande runs in the 8 25 Downpatrick,my favourite trainer,Jim Dreaper handles this fellow who won his one point to point 2 years ago.
    O bviously something went wrong and we did see him again until 28 days ago when he was a fast finishing 2nd to Finea in a Hunter Chase at today's venue.Today's trip seems like it might be a bit short bu Dreaper,who could teach grasshoppers to jump will probably have improved him and while he is only 2nd fav tonight he is my banker and I have had a lumpy enough bet.

• Advertisement

Bondi Beach in the next.

Bad ride?

El Grande runs in the 8 25 Downpatrick,my favourite trainer,Jim Dreaper handles this fellow who won his one point to point 2 years ago.
    O bviously something went wrong and we did see him again until 28 days ago when he was a fast finishing 2nd to Finea in a Hunter Chase at today's venue.Today's trip seems like it might be a bit short bu Dreaper,who could teach grasshoppers to jump will probably have improved him and while he is only 2nd fav tonight he is my banker and I have had a lumpy enough bet.
    Finea finished 2nd in a handicap here tonight franking the form so I have just backed El Grande again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

A winner at last, good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Jumped and traveled lovely, never in doubt. Thanks.

Jim Dreaper what would I do only for you?,last week it was Lord Fingal and now El Grande at 5/2! magic with chasers.

Well in fella.

BumperD wrote: »
    Fancy the fav in the last at Epsom make it up 7/2.

Feckin seconditis, cannot feckin shake it off.

Busy tomorrow so selections have to be made tonight,lots of competitive racing but very little sticks out for me.
    I am having a small ew on Storm the Stars in the derby at 4 30 at 20/1 a real stayer,guaranteed to get the trip and will be running on at the finish if he can handle the quirky nature of the track.
    I will have another small bet on Economic Crisis 5 25 Musselburgh around 9/1,wins mainly at Hamilton but has won here and has only one way of running i.e sets off in front and tries to make all.This is an apprentice race and if Samantha Bell can get out in front she might be able to stay there even though the horse has never won off a mark this high.

My main bet runs in Limerick at 7 20.Kala Brandy could be underestimated in this race and I was very impressed with the way she won her last race over 2 miles 4 at Clonmel,giving weight to all of the others running on well without seeing the whip winning very easily.
    I had Anna Holty backed in that race and Kala Brandy ran out a very easy winner.Before that she won a bumper over 2 1/2 miles in Wexford,again winning very easily by 3 1/2 lengths.

I am convinced the horse improved for stepping up to 2 1/2 miles,was 25/1 on only other try at this trip and ran very well behind a Mullins hotpot who won at 1/1.Only 6 go to post and they are all useful but 4 are mares and they get 7 lbs from the 2 geldings and I think Kala Brandy will take all the beating over 2 miles 5 furlong.Townend rides her on the rail saving ground and I expect her to go away from these and win.4/1 is available and that is very generous.

John Ferguson takes the covers off another newcomer in London Prize today at Worcester. I can see him building a healthy strike rate in nhf during the summer months and will follow him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Epicurus to win Investec Derby

20/1

Golder Horn myself.

Purely because a few dolly's said i have one :D:D

Im getting married next Saturday so im having an each way nibble on BOOM THE GROOM in the Dash.

Would have backed whatever Luke Morris was on anyway (best 5f jockey around) so im hoping its a good sign ;)

Im getting married next Saturday so im having an each way nibble on BOOM THE GROOM in the Dash.

Would have backed whatever Luke Morris was on anyway (best 5f jockey around) so im hoping its a good sign ;)
    Congrats,i wonder what she is is going to say when she sees you unpack the timeform Black Book on honeymoon?
    We should all make a special effort to see that you win a few quid to cover the cost of the tequila sunrises and all the other exotic drinks required on honeymoon.Head scratching and late night formbook study a must before you get the ball and chain fitted lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Jaysus god help her, fair play Slattsy :D

I've backed Jack Hobbs in the Derby. And Burantino in the next at Epsom.

If Mark Johnstons other runner Aleko beats Buratino I will hunt him down & give him my mind. I did not like the way Buratino was leading the other down to post :rolleyes:

Get in Buratino. 100/30 into 2/1. Money spoke.

Wowsers

• Advertisement

Bumpers 1st winner in 5 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement