Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

NMoluck today, both mune were outsiders but a but annoyed they were not even anywhere close

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I'm not sure why Avici is so short for the last in Limerick. Money has poured on all day & its odds on. I know shes related to the mighty Hurricane Fly but odds on looks overbet to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Turned over good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Busy tomorrow so selections have to be made tonight,lots of competitive racing but very little sticks out for me.
    I am having a small ew on Storm the Stars in the derby at 4 30 at 20/1 a real stayer,guaranteed to get the trip and will be running on at the finish if he can handle the quirky nature of the track.
    I will have another small bet on Economic Crisis 5 25 Musselburgh around 9/1,wins mainly at Hamilton but has won here and has only one way of running i.e sets off in front and tries to make all.This is an apprentice race and if Samantha Bell can get out in front she might be able to stay there even though the horse has never won off a mark this high.

My main bet runs in Limerick at 7 20.Kala Brandy could be underestimated in this race and I was very impressed with the way she won her last race over 2 miles 4 at Clonmel,giving weight to all of the others running on well without seeing the whip winning very easily.
    I had Anna Holty backed in that race and Kala Brandy ran out a very easy winner.Before that she won a bumper over 2 1/2 miles in Wexford,again winning very easily by 3 1/2 lengths.

I am convinced the horse improved for stepping up to 2 1/2 miles,was 25/1 on only other try at this trip and ran very well behind a Mullins hotpot who won at 1/1.Only 6 go to post and they are all useful but 4 are mares and they get 7 lbs from the 2 geldings and I think Kala Brandy will take all the beating over 2 miles 5 furlong.Townend rides her on the rail saving ground and I expect her to go away from these and win.4/1 is available and that is very generous.
    Saw no racing today just watched the replays,Kala did not jump too well and was out the back did not run on as expected when asked got a few quid back on Derby 3rd but a losing day nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Perth fancies

2.10 Antilope Du Seuil @ 5/2 Bet365

3.20 Broughtons Bandit @ 3/1 Bet365

4.55 Be Seeing You @ 2/1 Bet365

All these horses run over hurdles, over a trip of 2m4f, trained by Gordon Elliot and rode by Richard Johnson.

The powerful yard are in top form, winning with 4 of their last 5 runners

Richard Johnson has been riding in hot form himself lately, with 5 of his last 8 rides resulting in winners

3 of the 7 horses are running over hurdles, Richard Johnson is 8/22 riding over hurdles for Gordon Elliot at Perth (36%)

All 3 of those hurdle runners take on the trip of 2m4f, Richard Johnson is 3/8 over that C&D for Elliot (37.5%)

Elliot has amazingly won with 17 of his last 40 hurdlers over 2m4f at Perth (42.5%)

The yard have won with 2 of their last 3 hurdle runners over this trip.

Elliot won in 2 of the 4 hurdle races he entered at this meeting last year

good luck to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Perth fancies

2.10 Antilope Du Seuil @ 5/2 Bet365

3.20 Broughtons Bandit @ 3/1 Bet365

4.55 Be Seeing You @ 2/1 Bet365

All these horses run over hurdles, over a trip of 2m4f, trained by Gordon Elliot and rode by Richard Johnson.

The powerful yard are in top form, winning with 4 of their last 5 runners

Richard Johnson has been riding in hot form himself lately, with 5 of his last 8 rides resulting in winners

3 of the 7 horses are running over hurdles, Richard Johnson is 8/22 riding over hurdles for Gordon Elliot at Perth (36%)

All 3 of those hurdle runners take on the trip of 2m4f, Richard Johnson is 3/8 over that C&D for Elliot (37.5%)

Elliot has amazingly won with 17 of his last 40 hurdlers over 2m4f at Perth (42.5%)

The yard have won with 2 of their last 3 hurdle runners over this trip.

Elliot won in 2 of the 4 hurdle races he entered at this meeting last year

good luck to all!

More copy and paste I see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

maximo31 wrote: »
    More copy and paste I see!!

problem? good tips and passing on, so whats the biggie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Won't mind even a little if they win :)

Todays best bet for me has to be Bless the Wings 4 25 Perth,he ran a fine race behind Gallant Oscar at Punchestown and before that ran a blinder behind The Package at Cheltenham.
    Off the same mark today I expect Bless the Wings to win over a distance he stays so well,6/1 is a fair price and he carries my money.

Todays best bet for me has to be Bless the Wings 4 25 Perth,he ran a fine race behind Gallant Oscar at Punchestown and before that ran a blinder behind The Package at Cheltenham.
    Off the same mark today I expect Bless the Wings to win over a distance he stays so well,6/1 is a fair price and he carries my money.

3rd in a very close finish ew money landed and a pretty good day thanks to the tips thread.

• Advertisement

All aboard Handiwork 10/3 (Pontefract 7.10)

Did some amazing work at Ayr two outing ago, best final Furlong of the whole field (and he was a 20/1 shot that one). Up against much lesser in this one, and if they race goes for him he has a chance. Feel he has what it needs to make up any of number of lengths in the run-in if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

One horse today that stood out for me runs in the next at Roscommon - Versilia Gal

On a very generous mark atm and Colin Keane booked so i think a good run on the cards here.

Joseph OBrien just gave the winner a fantastic ride to win the 7 oc in Roscommon.
    Father Christmas looked in serious trouble a long way out and OBrien kept at it until he forced the horse home.
    I will not be in a hurry to back the winner next time out following his hard race,but hats off to the jockey tonight
    and I am happy he was on board or my nice bet would be be in PPs pocket.

Damn it Handiwork, looking back at race I though he had that a furlong out

The bumper in Roscommon has 18 runners but looks a 3 horse race,i backed Military Road ew (PP going 4 places),this one is owned by Barry Connell who digs deep when he buys.Has one good run under his belt and the experience gained may help him to see off Prince D'Aubrelle (Mullins) and JPs Oathkeeper trained by Aiden OBrien.Military road has the very good pilot S Clements on board.

The bumper in Roscommon has 18 runners but looks a 3 horse race,i backed Military Road ew (PP going 4 places),this one is owned by Barry Connell who digs deep when he buys.Has one good run under his belt and the experience gained may help him to see off Prince D'Aubrelle (Mullins) and JPs Oathkeeper trained by Aiden OBrien.Military road has the very good pilot S Clements on board.
    Got that one so wrong,called it a 3 horse race and the two I didn't back
    finish 1st and 2nd and the one I backed out with the washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

You're actually the second post!:cool:

Shocking news for Slatts, he always comes first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Have been following teetotal for a while. He runs again tomorrow 7:50 at that punters graveyard that is Hamilton. Going to do a small ew at 16/1 as the price looks too big and he is on a winnable mark but it's a competive race so min stake for me. Besides, got to keep the powder dry for ascot next week :)

I guess I will give Multitask 16/1 EW (Kempton, 8:40) a shot today. Did not touch anything else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

tinodz wrote: »
    I guess I will give Multitask 16/1 EW (Kempton, 8:40) a shot today. Did not touch anything else.

I got a tip for that earlier today so put a €5 ew on it, not a very reliable tip so I didn't go mad, I only got 8s though

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    I got a tip for that earlier today so put a €5 ew on it, not a very reliable tip so I didn't go mad, I only got 8s though

I hope for the best today. He either runs great or crap. Has the speed to make up a few mistakes during the run-in.

I got 16s on local Ladbrokes - and oddschecker seems to agree.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

tinodz wrote: »
    I hope for the best today. He either runs great or crap. Has the speed to make up a few mistakes during the run-in.

I got 16s on local Ladbrokes - and oddschecker seems to agree.

Might have gone out now so, I got it at 8's around 5.30 in Boyles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Might have gone out now so, I got it at 8's around 5.30 in Boyles

16-1 now at bet365.

Kovu wrote: »
    16-1 now at bet365.

Just saw that as well, either a whole lot of money on the other horses or Multitask has thrown a shoe while his hoof was still in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Just saw that as well, either a whole lot of money on the other horses or Multitask has thrown a shoe while his hoof was still in it.

Fourth or was it fifth? Thought he'd stay on for a place until Mon Cigar flashed up. I only had a couple quid e/w on him anyway.

:(

Thought he was coming through as well, jockey left him with a lot to do, oh well, in line with my current run (i.e. a loser)

So, I was coming home early from work today, and went into put one bet on in local shop. That was Cool Baranca 8/1 (Aintree 21:00). That's my own stupid pick (feck knows what will happen to it)...

BUT

When I was there, there was some talk in the shop, and a bunch of money going down on two horses...

Corrigs 5/1 (Clonmel 7:05)
    Tiger Trek 7/2 (Clonmel 7:40)

I was not too nosey, but handfuls of €50s were getting handed over by at least two groups. I checked around on Twitter after I got home, and there are a few mentions here and there for the two as well, but it is not a widespread gamble (like Twitter usually loves to get involved in).

I dont want to post this in Tips, as it is second (probably third) hand information. But it was interesting to see a such a big move for two horses happen firsthand. To be perfectly honest, I would in no way pick these two myself, but I jumped aboard with two singles and a small double because of others getting on. I've been burned by gambles in the past - so did not go wild.

Regardless of my bets, I am very interested to see what goes down this evening with these two now. Someone is losing A LOT of money if at least one does not come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

great tip for Corrigs.. looked in control all the way

• Advertisement

Well, one out of two is not terrible!

I guess they really were solid bets they were making, but Tiger Trek just ran into one better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement