Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pfizer aptitude test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gracie8bb

April 9th is the start date. They’re trying to get it sorted so people can give 4 weeks notice

My medical isn’t until next Wednesday and my situation is a little complex but I need to be handing in my notice by end of next week at absolute
    Latest. Do you think the medical results would be in by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 L_isamess

gracie8bb wrote: »
    My medical isn’t until next Wednesday and my situation is a little complex but I need to be handing in my notice by end of next week at absolute
    Latest. Do you think the medical results would be in by then?
    I was told it would take 3 days from the medical to get official offer, eg. Medical on Monday should know on Thursday. I’ve had to hand my notice in already to give enough time, really need to get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I’ve everything done since last week and now just waiting on word back

I’ve everything done since last week and now just waiting on word back

I wonder will they push out the start date. I may even ask to start w Th the next round of people I believe there’s another round for end of May

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭benny79

have they advertised the jobs for the other round in May?

• Advertisement

benny79 wrote: »
    have they advertised the jobs for the other round in May?

No but I recommend mailing back your cpl contact about possible new round of interviews maybe it was just a runout I heard

I didn't have a cpl contact mine was through Pfizer direct. But cheers anyway.

If you've recently applied and been told that you're unsuccessful there's a 12 month period before you can apply again. I wonder if the start date has been pushed back due to the delay with the weather.

If you've recently applied and been told that you're unsuccessful there's a 12 month period before you can apply again. I wonder if the start date has been pushed back due to the delay with the weather.

It did state that in the email. I then received a email a week later from Pfizer saying even though I was unsuccessful this time please apply for other jobs that become available as Pfizer's valves my experience and interest in having a career with them etc etc I also know of a few lads that were unsuccessful the first time but got in when more job opportunities arose 3 or 4 months later.

I know a good few that work there and 2 people that were successful in the last round have turned the job down as they have being waiting to long for a start date and have secured other jobs! Actually couldn't believe it myself but haven't read the above can kinda see why. Waiting over 2 months for a start date is a bit ridiculous although wouldn't bother me if I was successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stuart P

karim_84 wrote: »
    Hi I have an aptitude test for Pfizer in grange castle coming up . It is for the position of process technician, I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what to expect ? Numerical etc . And also do you have any samples of pfizers aptitude test to practice with .

Thanks in advance

Hi Karim,

I was wandering would you have any examples of this aptitude test and what’s involved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stuart.

• Advertisement

Has anyone gotten official offers yet?

gracie8bb wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten official offers yet?

Yep

Any updates have people started yet? I see there is new jobs been advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

Is it OK if I bump this...?

So....I'm having a phone interview on Sunday and the assessment centre (hopefully) next Thursday. I did this almost exactly a year ago and was unsuccessful. I think I went down in the group discussion or the psychometric testing (or both). It was pretty frustrating because around the same time I did the exact same assessment centre and was called for an interview, for a job I wasn't really interested in. I would really love to get into Pfizer, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Is it OK if I bump this...?

So....I'm having a phone interview on Sunday and the assessment centre (hopefully) next Thursday. I did this almost exactly a year ago and was unsuccessful. I think I went down in the group discussion or the psychometric testing (or both). It was pretty frustrating because around the same time I did the exact same assessment centre and was called for an interview, for a job I wasn't really interested in. I would really love to get into Pfizer, any tips?

How did your call go? I’m in the same boat. Got invite for assessment on thurs afternoon. First time myself

The phone interview didn't go too well but I still got called to the assessment centre. I'd love to know where I went wrong last year...

Your only allowed apply for 1 position per year so if you had applied for a job there within 12 months you wont get a call or phone interview for any other positions within a 12 month period! which is absolutely ridiculous. Happened to me, cant apply now till next February

Was in the afternoon session. There was about 45 of us and broken up into 3 groups. Could have gone better I guess/ hoped. How did you get on?

^^^^^^

I have the aptitude test questions almost memorized, must have done that particular one 10+ times at this stage. Group discussion was v frustrating, people talking for the sake of talking, without offering an opinion. I tried to get people to actually try to address the question that was asked and come to a consensus, but people just wanted to waffle and look like they were contributing, exactly the same as other group discussions I have done. I'm not as keen on the job as I was after hearing about the shift pattern anyway.:rolleyes:

Yeah that discussion piece caught out alot. Thought the shift might have been 4 cycle. Sure its a case of see what happens now. Sounded like there was 4 or 5 positions available.

• Advertisement

Do you know what maths questions came up in your tests? When I done mine last Feb all decimals came up. I was told by someone that works there to study fractions which I did! Typical.. but the questions I found were very hard in fairness, was like 3 questions in 1 if you get me.

Cant apply again till next year FFS

Was decimals on mine. Doing parts in brackets first and the it was wa case of is the answer greater than 1 for example. Person on my table disnt get all the answers finished on each section. Same as myself. The time goes by so quickly. All in all, the whole thing took about 4 hours

matchthis wrote: »
    Was decimals on mine. Doing parts in brackets first and the it was wa case of is the answer greater than 1 for example. Person on my table disnt get all the answers finished on each section. Same as myself. The time goes by so quickly. All in all, the whole thing took about 4 hours

Yeah they were the same questions that came up on mine. They were hard! cheers for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kotik

Guys, anyone doing assessment tests in Newbridge next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Doylersham

Kotik wrote: »
    Guys, anyone doing assessment tests in Newbridge next week?

I got an email off a Patrick chap regarding the assessment centre also

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kotik

Had assessment test last week in Newbridge. Didn't hear anything back at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Doylersham

Kotik wrote: »
    Had assessment test last week in Newbridge. Didn't hear anything back at all..

Hi Kotik, i had the assessment day last week as well but have also got no reply. I think i done well enough in the tests and the group assignment so if we haven't heard anything yet i assume we are still being processed

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

anyone attend an assessment centre recently i got through to one on the 18th july. what happens in the group part of the assessment? also does anyone know the starting salary for a process technician? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 transik

anyone attend an assessment centre recently i got through to one on the 18th july. what happens in the group part of the assessment? also does anyone know the starting salary for a process technician? thanks

It depends on what shift they going to put you in.
    33% shift a is paid if you going to work nights.

33-35k is the basic I think

Difficult to get pernament, they may extend your contract days before previous expires

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

thanks, decent enough money.

i think the shift is two weeks of days then 2 weeks of night. 5 days one week 2 days the next, all 7-7. not 100% sure but i'll find out at the assessment center tomorrow.

Advertisement