Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Hi All,

Can i ask who is your house insurer and if you declared the proximity to the water (canal or ponds).
    Do you have any issues with mobile phone reception inside of the houses? I am loosing signal every time I enter the house😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I can't say there are no problems because I would lie, I live in the area and some insurer refused to cover for flooding, my apartment is even on the top floor.

This is the streetmap view of Royal Canal Park from the road bridge which passes above the Tolka. Everything you see in the photo up to bottom of the apartments would have to be filled with water for flooding from the Tolka to be an issue.

hd2uCzt.png

Basically, if we get to the point that happens, there won't be any more insurance companies, they'll all be bankrupt. Granted some of the insurance companies may look at the Tolka and see that it looks close on a map and be arseholes based merely on that, but they've no real reason to refuse insurance based on a flood risk from the Tolka.

Our insurance ended up being with Zurich. They offered a half price deal for people with a mortgage from KBC so it was a no brainer price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

This is the streetmap view of Royal Canal Park from the road bridge which passes above the Tolka. Everything you see in the photo up to bottom of the apartments would have to be filled with water for flooding from the Tolka to be an issue.

hd2uCzt.png

Basically, if we get to the point that happens, there won't be any more insurance companies, they'll all be bankrupt. Granted some of the insurance companies may look at the Tolka and see that it looks close on a map and be arseholes based merely on that, but they've no real reason to refuse insurance based on a flood risk from the Tolka.

Our insurance ended up being with Zurich. They offered a half price deal for people with a mortgage from KBC so it was a no brainer price wise.

I just reported the fact that some insurance refused the cover, I just wanted to answer the question without giving personal opinions over the matter. I didn't asked to insurer/broker that refused cover for flooding if it was right or wrong to do so, I didn't wanted to waste my time, I just shopped around and at the end I got BOI insurance and I pay 120Euro for 2bedroom and I am happy about the price. I understand your point, but is there something I can do about this?
    Save

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

1dav wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can i ask who is your house insurer and if you declared the proximity to the water (canal or ponds).
    Do you have any issues with mobile phone reception inside of the houses? I am loosing signal every time I enter the house😂

with some insurance you have to declare that there is no history of flooding in the area and some can see this on a map they have and tell you that they will not cover for flooding. With BOI I didn't have any problem. I do not live far away from the new development and my vodafone mobile phone is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at potentially buying in one of the upcoming phases, as a first time buyer it's all new to me! Similar to Cronos I'm wondering about the house prices. From the property register it seems that the prices people are paying are quite a bit lower than the listed prices as per the info in the show houses.

My question is did people negotiate their prices or was it very much a case of meeting the asking price and the difference in the register is because the house prices have actually risen by about 20k between phases?

Totally understand if people don't want to go into detail on the thread but would appreciate a pm from anyone who has bought as to how the process with Ballymore went.

• Advertisement

elTenedor wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at potentially buying in one of the upcoming phases, as a first time buyer it's all new to me! Similar to Cronos I'm wondering about the house prices. From the property register it seems that the prices people are paying are quite a bit lower than the listed prices as per the info in the show houses.

My question is did people negotiate their prices or was it very much a case of meeting the asking price and the difference in the register is because the house prices have actually risen by about 20k between phases?

Totally understand if people don't want to go into detail on the thread but would appreciate a pm from anyone who has bought as to how the process with Ballymore went.

Because they're new builds the property price register excludes VAT which is 13.5% of the price of the house. That means prices appear lower then what was paid.

Houses have been selling out quickly. I doubt anyone negotiated anything off.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

Hi Everyone,

The register doesn't include the 13.5tax on the house.

As far as I'm aware all house went for the asking price. They have been snapped up on phase one and two.. They are in a strong position not to negotiate on the price as they know they'll sell

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Thanks everyone for the feedback, good to know why there is a difference from the property register... less good to know the prices aren't really negotiable 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Previous comment re: VAT and PPR is correct. We bought late in 3rd phase and comparing against PPR entries we paid the same as 1st phase.

The houses seem to be flying up so if anyone has questions or needs changes make sure to contact Ballymore directly and as soon as possible. Be persistent as they are busy and need reminders but in my experience they will try to facilitate, you just need to give them notice in good time.

I rang Vodafone this morning and they said the line wasn't active call Eir.
    I rang Eir and they'll send a technician out but told me I need to sign up to an 18 month contract to have that happen.
    Right now I'm trying to work out whether there's something simple I can do (like plug in a cable somewhere) or someone else I can call (ballymore?) to avoid signing up with Eir.

To update on this.

I talked to Eir again. They have a 14 day cooling off period after you receive your modem and the broadband is active . . . . so they're sending a technician this week (fingers crossed) and once we're set up I can then decide to switch to Vodafone with no penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Could anyone PM me about window measurements for a Heron please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IAmTheWasp

To update on this.

I talked to Eir again. They have a 14 day cooling off period after you receive your modem and the broadband is active . . . . so they're sending a technician this week (fingers crossed) and once we're set up I can then decide to switch to Vodafone with no penalties.

Hi Phoenix Parker,

" I can then decide to switch to Vodafone with no penalties"

Are you sure this is the case? I called Eir last week and they said that the technician will come out to the property to set up the phone line - if I chose then to use Eir for my TV/Broadband then there is no charge for the technician's visit but if I use another supplier, I will be billed €120 for the visit.

IAmTheWasp wrote: »
    Hi Phoenix Parker,

" I can then decide to switch to Vodafone with no penalties"

Are you sure this is the case? I called Eir last week and they said that the technician will come out to the property to set up the phone line - if I chose then to use Eir for my TV/Broadband then there is no charge for the technician's visit but if I use another supplier, I will be billed €120 for the visit.

Can't see anything in the two emails they sent me and it wasn't mentioned on the phone. Time will tell if they try to charge me for it I guess.
    Right now, the priority is internet access!

Can't see anything in the two emails they sent me and it wasn't mentioned on the phone. Time will tell if they try to charge me for it I guess.
    Right now, the priority is internet access!

Ok cool, great stuff!

No internet/TV for us until next Monday - I don't know what to do in the evening anymore?!

Ok cool, great stuff!

No internet/TV for us until next Monday - I don't know what to do in the evening anymore?!

unpack?

I have unlimited 4G data on my phone and it works as a wifi hotspot.
    It's saving me the perils of sorting through all our crap.

Just talked to Donna there about it too and she's on the case so hopefully it'll be fully sorted soon either way.

Ok cool, great stuff!

Would sky not be quicker?

guns_healy wrote: »
    Would sky not be quicker?

Eir (Eircom) own the lines so one of their technicians needs to come to the property to wire it up.

unpack?

I have unlimited 4G data on my phone and it works as a wifi hotspot.
    It's saving me the perils of sorting through all our crap.

Just talked to Donna there about it too and she's on the case so hopefully it'll be fully sorted soon either way.

Pretty much all done at this stage, thank god.

Eir (Eircom) own the lines so one of their technicians needs to come to the property to wire it up.

Oh right

Looks like I'll have to stump up €120 for them to connect my lines so I can then get sky

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Hi Everyone,

For people who have bought here and moved in already, were you given a breakdown of the management fees before signing the contract? Again if people don't want to get into details publicly that's understandable but would really appreciated a PM - just trying to do a bit more research before the next phase as Ballymore & Sherry Fitz aren't great at getting back to us.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

janeybaby wrote: »
    For people who have bought here and moved in already, were you given a breakdown of the management fees before signing the contract? Again if people don't want to get into details publicly that's understandable but would really appreciated a PM - just trying to do a bit more research before the next phase as Ballymore & Sherry Fitz aren't great at getting back to us.

Thanks!

We didn't get a breakdown of our own management fees specifically, but the pack with the contracts contained a contractual list of what fees we were liable for and the accounts of the management company from last year, which gave the general overview. The accounts of the management company were included with the minutes of last years AGM. Probably worth trying Tammy in the office diagonally opposite Centra for a copy. (Her number is earlier in this thread).

You get the contracts pack at the E5K, easy to walk away, stage so you will have plenty of time to go over it prior to signing on the dotted line.

The breakdown in the accounts from previous years is more designed around the apartment blocks and their maintenance much of which the houses aren't liable for so I couldn't work out or exact breakdown. Via the solicitor I got it in writing that the houses contribute only towards the leisure suite and estate service charges only and also that bin charges were included. Our solicitor was happy with the level of sinking fund etc. I also made sure the solicitors told us exactly what our first years service charge was before we signed the binding contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

On the Internet connection thing, I went with Vodafone and they sent someone out and connected us up, there was nobody from eir involved. Didn't have to pay anything for connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Did anyone get square footage and specific specs in their contracts. The documents I got show a layout but nothing specific. I know it roughly from the brochure just want to be sure.

Also did anyone get a specific listing of what's included per room? I know the bathrooms are tiled and the rest of the floors are not covered.

One last thing, I'm curious of the types of changes people have had the builders do during construction and the costs. For example if anyone's introduced a door between the Kitchen and the living room.

Find Sherry Fitz don't provide much details.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

ring or email Donna in Ballymore, she'll has all the info, she's lovely and very helpfull

Has anyone been to the gym in the apartments yet?

If so. How big is it and does it have a pool and sauna etc?

Also, where do the house owners get their gym membership card from?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ek

Hi All,

Just wondering if you got a choice of paint colours or any other say on the interior before you moved in?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alexa89

Hi there,

I've bought a Heron in february and the houses are now ready to move in. Today I got the Statement of Account from my solicitor and the Service Charge is over €900, which normally is the fee for a whole year. Could someone please tell me if they paid service charge for a full year?

Does anyone know if the land is registered?

Thank you,
    Alexandra

guns_healy wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the gym in the apartments yet?

If so. How big is it and does it have a pool and sauna etc?

Also, where do the house owners get their gym membership card from?

Haven't been to the gym yet, but did the induction.
    Contact Tammy in the management office, she gives you the forms. You fill them out, hand over E20 and some form of photo (a copy of our drivers licence did). She'll then ring you whenever the next induction is. Seems to be about every second Wednesday. We did ours last week. Then you get a card you can use to get into the gym whenever. There's a sauna and steam room and your regular cardio & fixed weight machines. Few Dumbbells for safety reasons.

The new gym is also due to open shortly though not sure when.

ek wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering if you got a choice of paint colours or any other say on the interior before you moved in?

Thanks

We were given the choice of magnolia or grey walls. Contact Donna in ballymore. We also changed the colours of the kitchen cabinets, however there's a new kitchen guy now so not sure what the story is with that.
    alexa89 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've bought a Heron in february and the houses are now ready to move in. Today I got the Statement of Account from my solicitor and the Service Charge is over €900, which normally is the fee for a whole year. Could someone please tell me if they paid service charge for a full year?

Does anyone know if the land is registered?

Thank you,
    Alexandra

You pay the fee for the whole year at closing and the difference between when you close vs what the whole year fee is, is credited against the fees in year 2.

Haven't been to the gym yet, but did the induction.
    Contact Tammy in the management office, she gives you the forms. You fill them out, hand over E20 and some form of photo (a copy of our drivers licence did). She'll then ring you whenever the next induction is. Seems to be about every second Wednesday. We did ours last week. Then you get a card you can use to get into the gym whenever. There's a sauna and steam room and your regular cardio & fixed weight machines. Few Dumbbells for safety reasons.

The new gym is also due to open shortly though not sure when.

We were given the choice of magnolia or grey walls. Contact Donna in ballymore. We also changed the colours of the kitchen cabinets, however there's a new kitchen guy now so not sure what the story is with that.

You pay the fee for the whole year at closing and the difference between when you close vs what the whole year fee is, is credited against the fees in year 2.

Thank you for the detailed reply PP

All sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JIMjim87

Hi Guys,

I picked up a Herron in the last phase.

I was just wondering how people have found the houses, and I 've a few questions:

Is there a network hub in the utility room? How is the place wired for multimedia devices/TV.

The kitchen island in the show-house has a low bench/breakfast-bar, anyone have this raised or if not how are you finding the level it is at? I assume you can only use low stools with it.

Also I was considering making changes to the fittings in the bathrooms, to have a hose aswell as the rainfall head in the showers. Anyone do something similar?

Cheers.

Advertisement