Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pfizer - Any idea how interview process looks like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Some very mixed views. I wonder the reviews are as mixed for most employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I know people who worked there in the past. Apart from lots of paper work & it being slow some times while waiting on work. Management is a boy's club but so are most Irish large operation.

Depends on your wants and needs really.

So Interview is next week anyone have some good links for Mechanical test to practice. Any one an idea on what roll playing is used?

gar32 wrote: »
    So Interview is next week anyone have some good links for Mechanical test to practice. Any one an idea on what roll playing is used?

I worked there back when it was Wyeth, I was one of the first 100 or so process technicians hired when it was a building site.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do overly well in the mechanical test, whatever it was we had to make I didn't complete.

Pfizer aren't Wyeth of course but the actual mechanical work required for the role is minimal enough, install and removal of filter housings etc pre and post processing. Clamp on clamp off stuff for the most part.

Essentially, don't worry about it and best of luck.

Process tech in a BioPharma is a decent job and for those interested in career progression the world is your oyster, most pharma sites in the country have benefitted from ex Grange Castle employees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

gar32 wrote: »

PM sent
    No mechanical test.

• Advertisement

What about long term career development?

Like any company there are opportunities, not everyone plays ball the companies way, those that do get presented the penalty kicks, convert the penalties and you open doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Hi All,

I've just got notified that I will be getting the Phone Screen this week and the assessment centre then towards the end of April, can anyone tell me what to expect or any tips, would be thankful for any help, haven't done a 3-stage interview process in years, nor apptitude tests in years! Bricking it a bit! The position is for QC in Grange Castle. Cheers.

PM sent Dark & Long.

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Any tips on what sort of questions are asked in the phone interview ?

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Any tips on what sort of questions are asked in the phone interview ?

Pfizer products, competancy, why do you want to work here, what would you do if...

• Advertisement

How long did it take them, between the initial phone call to say you'd been shortlisted to them ringing for the phone interview, to get back to you? They first rang me last wednesday and said they'd email and then do the phone interview in the next few days but I've yet to hear from them!

The email was late the call did not even come the 1st day after waiting 3 hours beside the phone. Then they called me the next day. After the 2011 when I waited 6 months at still did not hear from them don't expect good service. I know it's a good place to work but the hiring process is all over the place.

Good luck again!!!

How long did it take them, between the initial phone call to say you'd been shortlisted to them ringing for the phone interview, to get back to you? They first rang me last wednesday and said they'd email and then do the phone interview in the next few days but I've yet to hear from them!

Email on Friday morning asking when suits, picked Sunday (2 days later).
    Got the call at the arranged time.

What roles are people in here applying for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

I got a call yesterday informing me about the phone interview I wasn't given any timescale as to when they might ring so I guess it's just wait and see. I haven't interviewed for a job in over 20 years was no phone interviews then!

I would appreciate any hints or tips, also I assume it's formal wear if I do get through to the next stage I don't own a suit so would slacks and a shirt be ok? Or will I need to buy a suit?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭syntheticjunk

Mostly process technician role.

Mostly process technician role.

Ah I guess that what the majority will be going for.

QC myself. Anyone have any idea of what the money in QC is like in GrangeCastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just recieved an invitation to the assessment centre. Anyone have an idea of what this entails?

Just recieved an invitation to the assessment centre. Anyone have an idea of what this entails?

No idea but good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

dobsdave wrote: »
    I did the medical yesterday....
    Stage 1 Phone screen
    Stage 2 half day, 4 x aptitude tests, 1 group discussion/role play, 1 interview questionaire on paper.
    Stage 3 1hr approx, 2 on 1 interview
    Provisional offer
    Stage 4 medical + reference check

I don't know what the wages are as I dont have a contract yet.
    I just hope its worth taking!

Amazing the hoops people have to jump through for these employers when after all you could teach a monkey to do the work..

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Amazing the hoops people have to jump through for these employers when after all you could teach a monkey to do the work..

What point are you trying to make?
    Did you get rejected?

I've had an invite to the assessment centre. The letter says to wear smart casual clothes. Would jeans and a shirt be smart casual or is that too casual?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Finished assesment day yesterday in newbridge

It is not that bad, but its hard to tell if you did well or not. Friend of mine got phone call today interview next friday.

Rumun wrote: »
    Finished assesment day yesterday in newbridge

It is not that bad, but its hard to tell if you did well or not. Friend of mine got phone call today interview next friday.

When did your friend have his/her assessment?

I had mine on Thursday. I reckon I preformed really badly in the written test so doubt I have any hope. I wonder will they let us all know one way or the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭syntheticjunk

HR girls told us that we should get email or phone call in about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Did you get rejected?
    In fairness he has a point , Looking at that list you would swear it was a position to run the company .

In fairness he has a point , Looking at that list you would swear it was a position to run the company .

He was comparing people doing the job to a monkey?, three rounds of interview would be standard for a large company these days, and not to run the company lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Did you get rejected?

I have worked as an operator myself, I don't mean to be degrading anybody going for these jobs by comparing them to "monkeys" lol, pfizer would be a fantastic company to work for.

What irks me is a lot of these pharma and manufacturing roles now have a fairly intense hiring regime for jobs that are almost always temporary positions of recent times with little chance of permanency and the jobs themselves require little training...

• Advertisement

Just received my thanks but no thanks email. I was expecting it though as I performed badly. Good luck to any one who gets on to the next stage.

Advertisement