Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Do you ever get the feeling that Seamy just can't quite cut the mustard at middle level never even mind at the top.

Earning half a million dollars in three consecutive weekends in early may. Talent-less and wasting time on silly pipe dreams :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Earning half a million dollars in three consecutive weekends in early may. Talent-less and wasting time on silly pipe dreams :rolleyes:

+1 He may be down the rankings but there's still pots of money to be made.

Even for guys like him who can't bust into the majors or the WGCs, the Barbasol this week (overlaps the Open in Portrush) has a prize pot of $3,500,000 and the Barracuda the following week (overlaps the WGC-St. Jude) has the same pot. That's seven million dollars which will be shared by a bunch of lads who are all outside the world's top 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Don’t feed the trolls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Seamus finished with a 4 under 68 to finish 10 under and tied 53rd at the Barbasol Championship earning $7,882.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

+11 in round 1 of the Barracuda

Fortunately that is his stableford score and not stroke. He is in 6th spot with a number of players still to complete their round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

paulos53 wrote: »
    Fortunately that is his stableford score and not stroke.

that scared me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

paulos53 wrote: »
    +11 in round 1 of the Barracuda

Fortunately that is his stableford score and not stroke. He is in 6th spot with a number of players still to complete their round

Just to give some context of his score ....

Modified Stableford scoring system points

Albatross: 8 points
    Eagle: 5 points
    Birdie: 2 points
    Par: 0 points
    Bogey: -1 points
    Double bogey or worse: -3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Seamus finished with 5 points in round 4 to finish 31 points under the stableford scoring system and tied 25th at the Barracuda Championship earning $26,717.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Looks like Seamus will have to finish 10th at worst this week, to have any chance of making the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Tockman wrote: »
    Looks like Seamus will have to finish 10th at worst this week, to have any chance of making the playoffs

I presume that if he stays in the top 150, he'll go straight into the final round of the playoffs for one of the 25 cards available for those outside the top 25 in the secondary tour?

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    I presume that if he stays in the top 150, he'll go straight into the final round of the playoffs for one of the 25 cards available for those outside the top 25 in the secondary tour?

Yeah and will still get quite a few starts next year anyway

Tockman wrote: »

His chances would be improved if more of the top players were resting this week after playing in Portrush and the WGC but there's a fair few of the current FexEx top 100 playing in the Wyndham.

I counted 53 players from the current FedEx top 100 on the tee times sheet. Which will make it difficult for Seamus to get a top 10 finish, he's currently ranked 144.

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Seamus Power facing battle for PGA Tour card
    Article on RTE website

https://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2019/0801/1066404-seamus-power-facing-battle-for-pga-tour-card/

I remember the last regular tour event last year, probably the Wyndham. Seamus missed the cut so could only sit and watch. By late Sunday, he was projected to come 126th in the FedEx table and the guy who was projected to come 125th was still playing. Things were looking bad for Seamus until Garcia shot a birdie, overtook Mr. FedEx 125 on the leaderboard which reduced his FedEx points to the point that he and Seamus swapped places and that's how it finished. I wonder did Seamus send Sergio a Christmas card?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well he has chipped in for birdie on his opening hole of the day. All aboard the positivity train.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭OEP

Didn't Sergio make a complete mess of the back 9 and fell out of the top 125, allowing Seamus to keep 125? Sergio obviously doesn't need to be in the top 125 for a card.

OEP wrote: »
    Didn't Sergio make a complete mess of the back 9 and fell out of the top 125, allowing Seamus to keep 125? Sergio obviously doesn't need to be in the top 125 for a card.

Yeah he made a good few bogeys on the back 9 which brought Seamus back into top 125

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

-4 through 8.

It’s the hope that kills you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I’m actually afraid to post in case something bad happens so I’m just to wait until the tournament is over now. Don’t want to jinx him!!

Is he playing with Sabbatini?

• Advertisement

-6 great start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Usually when I look up the shot tracker for him he has a bad shot!

Great start today in a week where there is a lot of pressure on him. Even should he fall short a good performance would be important to boost his confidence ahead of the web.com playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

A small improvement on his position at the end of round one would be sufficient to get Seamus into the top 125. His projected ranking at the end of round one was 127.

That has now slipped somewhat due to shots picked up by the early starters, but it would be great if he could back up yesterday's round without another three good scores.

Recently, he has tended to fall away after a good start, but maybe this is the week he will hold it all together. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Looking at the last few years(for whatever it’s worth) he’ll need to get to -13/14 for a top ten.

2/3 under today go nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Bounced back well after opening bogey but he’s missed three 7 footers for birdie in the last 4 holes. I hope it doesn’t cost him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Everyone shooting -4, -5, -6 for the day and Seamus on -1 after 15

-2 and still giving himself a chance at the weekend. Such a packed leaderboard

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

-1 after 1 to start his round

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wildrover444

He at 8 under now. Pity he double bogeyed the 12th. He had got to 10 under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Poor back 9 - game over for him I think

Advertisement