Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf Game Log and Mod Queue

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Have updated the OP - am I missing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Think Grumpy and I are going for game 13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Cross/geehad any news on the next game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Both myself and mahama are busy with respective RL stuff.

We'll update in the coming days.

Apologies for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hi all, me and Cross had a chat and we've come with two options to put to the group. Neither is ideal but life is what happens when you're planning eh? :)

Option A - We swap with other mods. Cross unexpectedly is in a position with work that wouldn't allow him to dedicate much time to modding a game. I've had a lot going on in real life too, hence the lack of me being here. :/ (Sorry Uriel, I did see your mail about the last game, but didn't get a chance to reply). I'm actually in Asia for a few weeks soon from end of March to late April, so the earliest we would be able to run a game is last week of April at a push, but more likely May.

Option B - We run the April game as planned, but it would need to run next week basically, either a Friday or Sunday start as it's the best week for me. (What day did ye start the last game on?) I don't know if that's enough time for people to sign up or if the dates suit. It would be a less complex game. Me and Cross would mod that game, but I'd be taking on the lion's share of the work. We'd then put ourselves back in the queue to do a game later in the year again.

So group, what say ye?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'd be up for a next week start - though it's very short notice for you guys to put together the game, and sort out the back-rooms, etc, especially if it'll be mostly just Mahama on your own.

I've withdrawn from modding in April, so it'd be up to Tigs and Mick if they want to swap with you.

Or, an Option C, if there's anybody else wanting to mod that hasn't done so yet, maybe now's the opportunity....?

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd be up for a next week start - though it's very short notice for you guys to put together the game, and sort out the back-rooms, etc, especially if it'll be mostly just Mahama on your own.

I've withdrawn from modding in April, so it'd be up to Tigs and Mick if they want to swap with you.

Or, an Option C, if there's anybody else wanting to mod that hasn't done so yet, maybe now's the opportunity....?

It'd probably need to be a swap with the May mods to be honest QB, and since that's currently free by the looks of it, basically it opens the floor to anyone that's interested.

I don't mind doing the work, I just thought it might be too late notice to get players. If there's no-one else interested in running a March game, I'm happy to run it next week. I'd rather work hard and get it done rather than have everyone miss a month!

How about you put up a sign-up thread and see what the interest is - then you'll know if you've the numbers to go ahead next week. As I said, I'm in, so that's one down! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hi All.

As mahama said, I've got something to do in work that means I can't get near the internet at all during the day so I'd only be available to assist in modding this one from 8pm to 11/11:30pm which would cover the lynch. It's a lot to ask mahama to cover the rest of the time solo.

If there's anyone wishing to take this on then that would probably be for the best and mahama and I could mod a game at a later stage. We've discussed this at length and have reluctantly decided on the course(s) of action as outlined in mahama's post.

I'm hoping (but not certain) that my work situation will return to normal in 6/8 weeks. I also be unable to take part in any games until I return to my usual job.

Apologies to everyone for how this has panned out but RL can really get in the way sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Depending on the complexity of the game, all I'll say as a first time mod with dottie it was more involved than I thought, and tbf dottie covered a big chunk of the work. Thoroughly enjoyed modding tho and it's definitely a worthwhile experience but i would definitely say mahatma, don't under estimate the work load and if you can t find a comod defo strip it back towards vanilla status.

I'd love to step in and give you a dig out but I'm only a couple of weeks into a new job and I just don't get near the Internet during the day and I've also got college projects to finish (read start) in the next few weeks

• Advertisement

That's a shame you pulled out of modding QB! you were amazing when we paired together.

As for the next game. I do start my new job a wee on monday and since I am the Office Manager and there is no other employees yet but me I don't think I will have a problem getting on... hopefully anyway.

I head to Scotland this Saturday (4th) and back the 11th. Up for any start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'd love to be able to step in and mod but due to the time difference I wouldn't be around in the morning. I could be around a bit during the day and help more in the evenings. So if a part-time co-mod would help at all let me know.

I'll put myself down to mod one properly when I'm back in Ireland later this year.

Hmm looks like there's no volunteers to start the next game. I'm going to see if I can squeeze it in before I leave, otherwise I maybe a 1 night game? I'm en route to the office, I'll post a separate thread soon coz I'm worried the conversation is getting lost in here.

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to step in and mod but due to the time difference I wouldn't be around in the morning. I could be around a bit during the day and help more in the evenings. So if a part-time co-mod would help at all let me know.

I'll put myself down to mod one properly when I'm back in Ireland later this year.

10am lynch & 9/10pm munch has been the way so far, but it doesn't HAVE to be that way. If there were two times, roughly 12 hours apart that did suit you better, then you could always set those as the killing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

RL a bit pressured so full modding isnt probably viable for me right now (the erratic posting frrquency every game isnt a tactic :) ) but similar to barney im happy to take on some of the workload if it would help. Usually find myself on mobile in the day and desktop later in the evening if that has any impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Some perspective for first time mods: for me modding on my phone at key times like lynch and munch was difficult, trying to keep so many tabs open for all the different things, lynch form, back room, backroom admin, boards and my spreadsheet, it was a lot hence it taking me nearly 20 mins to do lynch on the first night!! (I really understand now why last minute voting changes in the lynch annoy mods so much!!) the only thing I found manageable on my phone was mod clarifications, and back room q's

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I can volunteer to do the morning shift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Aye, a laptop is pretty handy for adding up the lynch votes in particular. I have my own technique for doing it and can do it pretty quickly now so maybe I'll put a how-to up somewhere.

Well if people are okay with a 10.30/11 lynch announcement then I should be able to mod this time. That'd give me half an hour after work to make sure I can get it right.

I could do a start either this Sunday or next Sunday. Sunday week might be best, to prevent any issues on patricks day if the game reaches Friday. Anyway I think sulli said they'd co mod so if that's okay with everyone we can put up a sign up sheet and see what people think.

• Advertisement

Yep! This Sunday is possibly to short notice to get the numbers, but all good for next Sunday I think.

Good on you Barney, and Sully!! :)

If you guys want a hand I can help out if needed

andy125 wrote: »
    If you guys want a hand I can help out if needed

I've not used the backroom before so if you could explain how that works as a mod that'd be great.

Thanks to Barney and Sulli for stepping in for this month's game. Looks like game XII in May is still available, can you put us down for that one if it's still open! :)

Game|Mod(s)|Date|Game Thread| Winning Team
    Werewolf I - The Beginning| Jayop | August 2016| Werewolf I| Village Win
    Werewolf II - The Revenge| Suffering Golfer & MrsFlushdraw | September 2016 |Werewolf II| Wolf Win
    Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming | Digital Solitude & jayop | September 2016 | Werewolf III| Village Win
    Werewolf IV - All Hallows Eve | Sullivlo & Suffering Golfer | October 2016 |Werewolf IV| Village Win
    Werewolf V - Election Fever (vanilla) | Mrs. Flushdraw & Quickbeam | November 2016|Werewolf V| Village Win
    Werewolf VI - CHRISTMAS | Sullivlo & Jayop | December 2016|Werewolf VI| Village Win
    Werewolf VII - The Wolves Strike Back | Andy125 & quickbeam| January 2017 | Werewolf VII| Wolf Win
    Werewolf VIII - one night live game | Jayop | January 29th 2017 | Werewolf VIII| Wolf Win
    Werewolf IX - Valentines Day Massacre| dottie_lottie & Uriel | February 2017 | Werewolf IX| Village Win
    Werewolf X | Barney92 & Sullivlo | March 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XI | Tigger & Alayna Shapely Partridge | April 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XII | mahamageehad & Crosstownk | May 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XIII | TBC | June 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XIV | dottie_lottie & Digital Solitude | July 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XV | TBC | August 2017 | TBC| TBC

Just updating (cos, I'm bored, and I've no clue about sports so am useless in the current 20Q game!)

Werewolf II - The Revenge| Suffering Golfer & MrsFlushdraw | September 2016 |Werewolf II| Wolf Win
    Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming | Digital Solitude & jayop | September 2016 | Werewolf III| Village Win
    Werewolf IV - All Hallows Eve | Sullivlo & Suffering Golfer | October 2016 |Werewolf IV| Village Win
    Werewolf V - Election Fever (vanilla) | Mrs. Flushdraw & Quickbeam | November 2016|Werewolf V| Village Win
    Werewolf VI - CHRISTMAS | Sullivlo & Jayop | December 2016|Werewolf VI| Village Win
    Werewolf VII - The Wolves Strike Back | Andy125 & quickbeam| January 2017 | Werewolf VII| Wolf Win
    Werewolf VIII - one night live game | Jayop | January 29th 2017 | Werewolf VIII| Wolf Win
    Werewolf IX - Valentines Day Massacre| dottie_lottie & Uriel | February 2017 | Werewolf IX| Village Win
    Werewolf XIII | TBC | June 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XV | TBC | August 2017 | TBC| TBC

Just updating (cos, I'm bored, and I've no clue about sports so am useless in the current 20Q game!)

Hey there the game grumpy and I are doing isn't there. We are 13 :)

You can put me down for the August game

I've not used the backroom before so if you could explain how that works as a mod that'd be great.

I can help set it up and show you how everything works

andy125 wrote: »
    I can help set it up and show you how everything works
    And then I can revoke andys rights so that he can play :)

We'll be in touch andy - we've the game planned more or less.

• Advertisement

Werewolf XIII | MrsFlushdraw & GrumpyLumpy | June 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XV | andy125 & TBC | August 2017 | TBC| TBC

Updated!

Jayzus, you try and do a favour and then it's moan, moan, moan because it's not 100% right!!!! :confused::rolleyes::eek:
    :P:D:pac::cool:

Advertisement