Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Game Log and Mod Queue

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I've updated the OP too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lads we've a schedule that's booked six months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Lads we've a schedule that's booked six months in advance.

we're so hot right now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm wondering is there a market for more than one game a month? I seems like we've an average of 3 weeks wait between games with the current schedule. I know we don't want to overdo it, but maybe have a limit of 2 weekends from the end of one game till the start of the next. We've a load of new players now and they have to wait ages to get a game.

Just a thought.

Also, if anyone wants to run another live game in between one of the main games they should give it a go. We'd want to check though if anyone has a theme in mind specially around the game # or the month that it's due to be on.

Also, stick me down for modding 16. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'd be happy, in principle, for more games (ie, less time between games), though I'll be personally out of action until June-ish.

I'd also be up for another live game soon, and if at the weekend like last time then I'd be far more available. Not sure about modding it myself though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Maybe a plain vanilla game would be a good thing to try and get done so that the influx of new players get a chance to get to grips with playing with little or no complex roles etc?

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd be happy, in principle, for more games (ie, less time between games), though I'll be personally out of action until June-ish.

I'd also be up for another live game soon, and if at the weekend like last time then I'd be far more available. Not sure about modding it myself though.

I could do it but I've never played one of those despite modding them several times.

I actually modded one once where I set up duplicate accounts in the name of Simpsons characters for everyone and nobody was allowed to reveal their forum identity so that people didn't get killed of early on reputation alone. That was fun. Couldn't do that here on Boards and the full game would have to be run on the other site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Jayop wrote: »
    I could do it but I've never played one of those despite modding them several times.

I actually modded one once where I set up duplicate accounts in the name of Simpsons characters for everyone and nobody was allowed to reveal their forum identity so that people didn't get killed of early on reputation alone. That was fun. Couldn't do that here on Boards and the full game would have to be run on the other site though.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8022

?

No but very similar. It was on a forum like our back room from a soccer forum that I used to post in years age but that back room is gone now. It was also a one night game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know this is well thinking in advance, but I'd love a crack at modding one way down the road. I floated the idea of a Pro-Wrestling themed one over on the other site, and I think it could be really fun. Faces (Good Guys) vs Heels (the Wolves), heel turns, the characters line up to player roles (Alpha Wolf = Vince, and the wolves are his stable?).

Plus, everyone playing would not have to deal with me being so useless at playing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote:
    I know this is well thinking in advance, but I'd love a crack at modding one way down the road. I floated the idea of a Pro-Wrestling themed one over on the other site, and I think it could be really fun. Faces (Good Guys) vs Heels (the Wolves), heel turns, the characters line up to player roles (Alpha Wolf = Vince, and the wolves are his stable?).

Plus, everyone playing would not have to deal with me being so useless at playing

Unfortunately I can only thank this once.

Would be up for giving a hand with this one if it got off the ground, even if it was only helping out on the week of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I actually think I might be ready to help someone out with running a game. But I seriously mean HELP. I would have no clue where to start with setting up a game.
    And I'm happy enough that it's booked till August anyway so maybe sometime in the autumn is far enough away that I won't get an immediate stress headache thinking about it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'd like to do ww20 whenever it is ]stick me down mfor it please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Tigger wrote: »
    i'd like to do ww20 whenever it is ]stick me down mfor it please

You need to stall the digger and focus on world domination for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Hey ye all. Checking in for the first time in like forever... wow it really has taken off, hardly seems recognizable from the beginning! Glad to see it going well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hey ye all. Checking in for the first time in like forever... wow it really has taken off, hardly seems recognizable from the beginning! Glad to see it going well...

Heya golfer!! If you miss us, we still need some subs for the Simpsons themed game kicking off next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Heya golfer!! If you miss us, we still need some subs for the Simpsons themed game kicking off next week!

Love to but time difference is a killer, my day is your night etc... it would be impossible to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Love to but time difference is a killer, my day is your night etc... it would be impossible to keep up.

Fair enough! Didn't realize you were far away. :)

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I actually think I might be ready to help someone out with running a game. But I seriously mean HELP. I would have no clue where to start with setting up a game.
    And I'm happy enough that it's booked till August anyway so maybe sometime in the autumn is far enough away that I won't get an immediate stress headache thinking about it. :(

Just updating this, cos, bored - could put you down to mod with Andy in August?
    Lord TSC wrote: »

Plus, everyone playing would not have to deal with me being so useless at playing :pac:

Could put you and Necro down in October to mod? Or if Jay is happy with a wrestling theme, you could help him with the September game?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Just updating this, cos, bored - could put you down to mod with Andy in August?

Could put you and Necro down in October to mod? Or if Jay is happy with a wrestling theme, you could help him with the September game?

Can you put me in to mod game twenty please I called it ages ago

• Advertisement

Sorry, can't do. My Roman Numerals skills don't go that high!

:)

Course I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ill co-mod at some stage if someone wants to share!

Pter wrote: »
    Ill co-mod at some stage if someone wants to share!

Your welcome to do it with me but it will be around Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tigger wrote:
    Your welcome to do it with me but it will be around Christmas

Be grand! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm happy to be put down for modding a game at some point. Would prefer a co-mod on my first run out though that's for sure!!

Necrominus wrote: »
    I'm happy to be put down for modding a game at some point. Would prefer a co-mod on my first run out though that's for sure!!

Why don't you sign up to mod and I'll do all the Backroom switches and stuff till yo get the hang and if you get stuck I'll help
    I think you are really into it and would like a free reign with support

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm happy to comod again with someone if they are so inclined

Uriel. wrote: »
    I'm happy to comod again with someone if they are so inclined

Go with Andy
    I'd highly reccomend him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Tigger wrote: »
    Go with Andy
    I'd highly reccomend him

Someday clubbie old pal we'll mod a game... A mish mash of winnie the pooh and the little mermaid...

• Advertisement

Game|Mod(s)|Date|Game Thread| Winning Team
    Werewolf I - The Beginning| Jayop | August 2016| Werewolf I| Village Win
    Werewolf II - The Revenge| Suffering Golfer & MrsFlushdraw | September 2016 |Werewolf II| Wolf Win
    Werewolf III - Winter Is Coming | Digital Solitude & jayop | September 2016 | Werewolf III| Village Win
    Werewolf IV - All Hallows Eve | Sullivlo & Suffering Golfer | October 2016 |Werewolf IV| Village Win
    Werewolf V - Election Fever (vanilla) | Mrs. Flushdraw & Quickbeam | November 2016|Werewolf V| Village Win
    Werewolf VI - CHRISTMAS | Sullivlo & Jayop | December 2016|Werewolf VI| Village Win
    Werewolf VII - The Wolves Strike Back | Andy125 & quickbeam| January 2017 | Werewolf VII| Wolf Win
    Werewolf VIII - one night live game | Jayop | January 29th 2017 | Werewolf VIII| Wolf Win
    Werewolf IX - Valentines Day Massacre| dottie_lottie & Uriel | February 2017 | Werewolf IX| Village Win
    Werewolf X - Hogwarts Goes To War| Barney92 & Sullivlo | March 2017 | Werewolf X| Village Win
    Werewolf XI - Bad Moon Rising| Tigger & Alayna Shapely Partridge & andy125| April 2017 | Werewolf XI| Wolf Win
    Werewolf XII - Simpsons Mafia | mahamageehad & Crosstownk | May 2017 | Werewolf XII| TBC
    Werewolf XIII | MrsFlushdraw & GrumpyLumpy | June 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XIV | dottie_lottie & Digital Solitude | July 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XV | andy125 & Uriel. | August 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XVI | Jayop & TBC | September 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XVII | TBC | October 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XVIII | TBC | November 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XIX | TBC | December 2017 | TBC| TBC
    Werewolf XX | Tigger & Petr | January 2018 | TBC| TBC

Interested:
    Lordy & Necro (together?)
    Molly

Advertisement