Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xXlollsXx

physioman wrote: »
    Better than 380 euro! My point being I don't understand why people would buy a ticket now for 380. Just hold off. Plenty will come up on ticket master this week.and if you can't get a ticket, tickets will inevitably drop on seatwave.

How do I know when to check ticketmaster? is there a set time for the sale per day and why is it drip fed and not just one sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

I know of two clubs that request the max amount of tickets they can for each home game and sell them at a premium to a local business. This is one of their main funding options

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

xXlollsXx wrote: »
    How do I know when to check ticketmaster? is there a set time for the sale per day and why is it drip fed and not just one sale?

I think they are returns so just popping up as they become available. I was checking for days to get my Scottish ones. Just a bit of luck needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

I'm trying to check every hour or so now if I can. Hopefully I get sorted but I know it's a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

xXlollsXx wrote: »

Yeah I'm just checking. I'm a member of IRFU supporters club but missed out on tickets via that. Don't think there's much of a chance usually with that anyways. I'm hoping to get lucky but it is trying my patience.. ! ☺️

• Advertisement

Anyone have any luck in last day or 2? Probably slim chance over next few days with tm closed tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck in last day or 2? Probably slim chance over next few days with tm closed tho?

Nope and I've been trying regularly

Caranica wrote: »
    Nope and I've been trying regularly

Yeah me too, I reckon they might be all gone unfortunately!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Anyone that pcked up tickets on ticketmaster last week seen any sign of them arriving by post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

dregin wrote: »
    Anyone that pcked up tickets on ticketmaster last week seen any sign of them arriving by post yet?

No,Ticketmaster are acting the maggot yet again.
    I rang them today asking where my tickets were as I bought them on Feb 1st.
    They said they had been dispatched yesterday but I got the feeling they were lying .
    The Dispatch status changed today in my order history so hopefully they arrive tomorrow but its completely unacceptable to be leaving it this late .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah mine changed yesterday (bought weeks ago). Same happened people in here with Welsh ones arrived the Wednesday, hoping they are here this morning.

Mine just arrived, dated monday by print date on tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Yeah got mine this morning. Easy enough to get in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Few tickets came up on ticket master there but seem to be gone again. Section 527. They've switched off pick your seat option as well. S

Few tickets came up on ticket master there but seem to be gone again. Section 527. They've switched off pick your seat option as well. S

Ah feck sake , again haha. How are people even able to snap them up?! I've been trying constantly past few days

Ah here I must have missed them by only a few minutes. I usually just select tickets in pairs and don't have the seat selection option so maybe that isn't helping.

Keep trying and tomorrow too, people got Welsh tickets on here on the Thursday before the game that they could print at home.

pc7 wrote: »
    Keep trying and tomorrow too, people got Welsh tickets on here on the Thursday before the game that they could print at home.

Ya I won't give up yet. I'm also keeping an eye on Seat wave and Viagogo as the closer it gets to the game the more sellers will panic IMO.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Ya I won't give up yet. I'm also keeping an eye on Seat wave and Viagogo as the closer it gets to the game the more sellers will panic IMO.

I was thinking that but Seatwave are down to 30 odd and cheapest seem to be £200 plus. I wonder do Seatwave control amount of tickets they sell to increase demand and maximise profit .. not sure what sort of cut they get off each ticket but booking fee is substantial

That Seatwave thing is lousy. Not sure where you are based but if you can get to one of the busy pubs before the game, you might pick up a ticket at face value (don't feed the touts). A few times we'd have one of the gang have to pull out last minute, we always would give the barman the nod and say we've a spare ticket to sell. So if you can get to one and ask the barman you could be lucky.

I was thinking that but Seatwave are down to 30 odd and cheapest seem to be £200 plus. I wonder do Seatwave control amount of tickets they sell to increase demand and maximise profit .. not sure what sort of cut they get off each ticket but booking fee is substantial

Saw ones for €150 today but is there a fee on top of that?

• Advertisement

That Seatwave thing is lousy. Not sure where you are based but if you can get to one of the busy pubs before the game, you might pick up a ticket at face value (don't feed the touts). A few times we'd have one of the gang have to pull out last minute, we always would give the barman the nod and say we've a spare ticket to sell. So if you can get to one and ask the barman you could be lucky.

Ah that's not a bad shout at all, thanks! Might chance it sure . Worst case I've no luck and can watch it in pub near Lansdowne Rd but inagjbe any pub will be thronged for the game! :) I won't give up hope just yet so

Ah that's not a bad shout at all, thanks! Might chance it sure . Worst case I've no luck and can watch it in pub near Lansdowne Rd but inagjbe any pub will be thronged for the game! :) I won't give up hope just yet so

Start in Donaghys and work your way over! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I'm surprised discussion of seatwave is even allowed.
    Mine arrived this morning anyway. You need to sit searching for ticket constantly. It won't work if you do one search then leave it a few hours.

dregin wrote: »
    I'm surprised discussion of seatwave is even allowed.
    Mine arrived this morning anyway. You need to sit searching for ticket constantly. It won't work if you do one search then leave it a few hours.

I dunno , I was trying pretty constant.. but also at work so can't be on it 24/7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

There was 3 old lads did that at the Wales game.. Were slightly annoyed when we pointed out they had bought, and tried to get in with tickets to the Italy game..

I am sure it will happen again on Sat!

prinzeugen wrote: »
    There was 3 old lads did that at the Wales game.. Were slightly annoyed when we pointed out they had bought, and tried to get in with tickets to the Italy game..

I am sure it will happen again on Sat!

As in from touts passing them off as tickets for different game? Would think date and team would give it away unless they didn't have sight of ticket beforehand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

As in from touts passing them off as tickets for different game? Would think date and team would give it away unless they didn't have sight of ticket beforehand..

Got "from a guy in the pub"! It happens frequently whenever there are games (not just rugby) close together.

People don't check what they are buying. Sure they bought a rugby ticket. But it was for 2 weeks ago.

They just see the IFRU logo and look at seat row etc with the aim of getting into the stadium. Only when they get to the stiles do they realise they have been conned or bought a souvenir from a previous match!

With the KO times being the same for all 3 home games and Italy and Scotland both being on the 10th, anyone not paying attention could miss it.

Still no sign of my tickets that were supposed to be posted out Monday .
    Ridiculous carry on leaving it this late ,I had to ring up and get e-tickets issued instead just now.

Still no sign of my tickets that were supposed to be posted out Monday .
    Ridiculous carry on leaving it this late ,I had to ring up and get e-tickets issued instead just now.

Just be warned Steward might ask you for information regarding tickets. Happened me before when tickets didn't arrive, had to pick up new set in Ballsbridge before game. When we went to take our seats Steward stopped us and asked me questions before letting us. He had a list of tickets (obviously that went missing) so was double checking who the rightful owner was.

• Advertisement

Just be warned Steward might ask you for information regarding tickets. Happened me before when tickets didn't arrive, had to pick up new set in Ballsbridge before game. When we went to take our seats Steward stopped us and asked me questions before letting us. He had a list of tickets (obviously that went missing) so was double checking who the rightful owner was.

Cheers ,appreciate that,there had better not be someone in my seat !
    You'd think that the original barcode would be made void though to disable entry .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement