Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Ah, I hope Galway does open up some vacancies. I heard that being top heavy in the region they'll have to wait for people to retire before taking on new EO's.

Oh no - I'm waiting on Galway (and Offaly) - hoping to be placed very soon. Are there really no current vacancies in Galway - seems very hard to believe with the amount of govt. dept.'s. in Galway????? When I spoke to them last Friday (July 28th) they said they had hoped to start placing from the Galway panel within two weeks.

Any thoughts?

When I rang today they said currently no vacancies in galway. I'm also hoping to get placed there although I'm confident I will get offered limerick first. Where are you on Galway panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭starsx

SxQ2449 wrote: »
    About 300, ok thanks. I think that tends to happen for July & August, had they been moving quicker before that?

I'm on batch 2 for open and interd but by the looks of it, it seems, that it's more likely to come around on open, is that right?

When I rang a few weeks ago i was told there was around 300 on batch one!

Im in the same boat as yourself batch2 for open and interd. I have'nt heard to many people get called on interd.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bumbleton

From what I can gather, vacancies may have been requested by Departments to PAS but haven't yet been "verified" and they need to be "verified" before they become a vacancy that will be filled from the panel.

So there may be vacancies in a region but they just haven't been verified yet - though I'm not sure what the verification process is or what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

When I rang today they said currently no vacancies in galway. I'm also hoping to get placed there although I'm confident I will get offered limerick first. Where are you on Galway panel?

I'm No. 8 on the Galway Panel - how about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SxQ2449

starsx wrote: »
    When I rang a few weeks ago i was told there was around 300 on batch one!

Im in the same boat as yourself batch2 for open and interd. I have'nt heard to many people get called on interd.

Hopefully they will pick up a bit in the next few weeks. No I haven't heard of anyone getting it on interd. Someone else in my department is in batch one, and by the sounds of things they got called from the open. So no point in asking about what number they are up to in the Interd I suppose?

• Advertisement

I'm No. 8 on the Galway Panel - how about you?

I'm no 4 on Galway. Hoping there will be a few vacancies opened up by the new garda hq being opened toward the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

SxQ2449 wrote:
    Hopefully they will pick up a bit in the next few weeks. No I haven't heard of anyone getting it on interd. Someone else in my department is in batch one, and by the sounds of things they got called from the open. So no point in asking about what number they are up to in the Interd I suppose?

They are at about 40 on the internal last I checked. You would have to remember a lot of that could simply be a result of someone being called on the open and thus removed from the interd.

I had initially been told that there was 300 in batch one Dublin. That they would wrap up batch one by the end of July and that regionals wouldn't start until after batch one. This is all separate information pieced together from here and pas.

However I also learned both from boards and colleagues in the regional lists that they began placing regions before finishing Dublin. This information came up not long after dublin slowed down. I can only presume they where pressured into starting regionals asap. In fairness I cant understand why Dublin would be given priority if there where vacancies in the regions. Even if the majority was in Dublin.

Anywho I'd imagine between the regionals dipping into staff levels as well as the likes of holidays That's why Dublin has taken a hit. They had previously managed 200 in 3 weeks. in the 3 weeks since then they managed to hit 230.....

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

I'm no 4 on Galway. Hoping there will be a few vacancies opened up by the new garda hq being opened toward the end of the year.

pm sent to you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

sierra117x wrote:
    They are at about 40 on the internal last I checked. You would have to remember a lot of that could simply be a result of someone being called on the open and thus removed from the interd.

I think they have moved a fair bit ahead in terms of internals not only because of a duplicate of people being on the internal and open but also because the panel is a combination of Dublin and regional on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Just got a call for references and health declaration for westmeath

• Advertisement

Jsherlock1 wrote: »

Great news! Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Great news! Congrats

Hate having to contact one of my previous employers for a reference though. I know she will drag her heels....loves a power trip when she gets the chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SxQ2449

sierra117x wrote: »

I had initially been told that there was 300 in batch one Dublin. That they would wrap up batch one by the end of July and that regionals wouldn't start until after batch one. This is all separate information pieced together from here and pas.

However I also learned both from boards and colleagues in the regional lists that they began placing regions before finishing Dublin. This information came up not long after dublin slowed down. I can only presume they where pressured into starting regionals asap. In fairness I cant understand why Dublin would be given priority if there where vacancies in the regions. Even if the majority was in Dublin.

Anywho I'd imagine between the regionals dipping into staff levels as well as the likes of holidays That's why Dublin has taken a hit. They had previously managed 200 in 3 weeks. in the 3 weeks since then they managed to hit 230.....

Thank you I appreciate that, I realise that I'm coming to this late in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

Any word on Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hovelette

I'm late 230s in Dublin and I've just dropped out. So things will move a teeny bit faster! Good luck everybody 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Hovelette wrote: »
    I'm late 230s in Dublin and I've just dropped out. So things will move a teeny bit faster! Good luck everybody ��

Hope it's because you got good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Deirdre04

Anyone heard anything in Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭newstarts

Deirdre04 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything in Kerry?

NADA..I rang today and was told I'll get contacted should my place be reached!!!!no other info.. ridiculous when seemingly they telling other counties what number they have reached! Are you on open?

I'm on open.

I'm on open.

Number wise where r ya? Have u heard anything!

• Advertisement

misslemon wrote: »
    Hope it's because you got good news :)

Yup! Got the AO call yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Yup! Got the AO call yesterday.

That's great news! I remember when we got our results and weren't sure they'd get to our end of the panel! Delighted for you.

newstarts wrote: »
    Number wise where r ya? Have u heard anything!

I'm in top 15 and heard nothing yet. They didn't give you much information! Suppose it depends on who answers the phone..

I'm in top 15 and heard nothing yet. They didn't give you much information! Suppose it depends on who answers the phone..

Same!!! I'm going to try again today I'll post if I hear any new info.. there doesn't appear to be much from Kerry on here or else they're all quiet!!

misslemon wrote: »
    That's great news! I remember when we got our results and weren't sure they'd get to our end of the panel! Delighted for you.
    Thank you! The way that panel is going you won't have too long to wait. Best of luck to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

I'm late 230s in Dublin and I've just dropped out. So things will move a teeny bit faster! Good luck everybody 😉

Great news we'll done on the AO

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

Hate having to contact one of my previous employers for a reference though. I know she will drag her heels....loves a power trip when she gets the chance!

Congrats, Hopefully it will be a speedy process from now on in. Do you mind me asking what Department you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EER40

I am in the top 5 for Wexford/Waterford on inter & open and haven't heard anything yet... hoping to hear something soon as a 2nd batch have now been called for interview this month

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MollyTP

I am the same in the South East. Do you mean they have started calling a second Dublin batch? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

MollyTP wrote: »
    I am the same in the South East. Do you mean they have started calling a second Dublin batch? Thanks

They have already interviewed batch 2 for Dublin, I think there is going to be a regional batch 2 this month and those people have been notified as far as I know

Advertisement