Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part IV - Just Another Manic Bundee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

typhoony wrote: »
    it seems it's ingrained in us Connacht supporters that we accept that players will be taken from us, ok I know cooney came from leinster originally but at the other provinces there have been positions where they have strength in depth, now and over the last 10 years. can't see why we can't keep cooney and just accept that we have that strength in depth at scrum-half. if he wants to stay he will surely get plenty of gametime with Marmion away on int duty and Blade is not guaranteed to be fit\uninjured and also why not keep him for backup kicking duties when we have injuries at out-half

We should sign martyr Moore when his deal comes to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-rugby/lam-steps-back-from-recruitment-at-connacht-35310480.html

No Ili/Fox/Dawai/Muliana/So'oialo/McCartney to expect for next season.
    Except if Aki goes to holiday and find a hidden gem by himself :D

gally74 wrote: »
    typhoony wrote: »
    it seems it's ingrained in us Connacht supporters that we accept that players will be taken from us, ok I know cooney came from leinster originally but at the other provinces there have been positions where they have strength in depth, now and over the last 10 years. can't see why we can't keep cooney and just accept that we have that strength in depth at scrum-half. if he wants to stay he will surely get plenty of gametime with Marmion away on int duty and Blade is not guaranteed to be fit\uninjured and also why not keep him for backup kicking duties when we have injuries at out-half

We don't need a TH prop in 2 years, but in 2 days, though. For interpros, my 91 y-o grandma is for now our 3rd choice there :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Possibly my favourite thread title in some time. Kudos to whomever is responsible for that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

gally74 wrote: »

Would he be willing to die for the cause?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Anyone got any ideas on where I could chase up a copy of "Front Up Rise Up" signed by the team?

I think I heard an announcement before kick-off on Saturday saying there would be copies in the marquee after the game ... but it somehow slipped my mind after Jack slotted the conversion!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

mooonpie wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas on where I could chase up a copy of "Front Up Rise Up" signed by the team?

I think I heard an announcement before kick-off on Saturday saying there would be copies in the marquee after the game ... but it somehow slipped my mind after Jack slotted the conversion!

They were selling them in the shop van at the game too, if you can wait I'd imagine they will have them at the Munster match too. Or ring the branch and ask, possibly Elverys might have them.

Clancy to ref our away christmas interpro again. Time for "unseen grounding but try awarded" or stuff like that. Wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

connachta wrote: »
    Clancy to ref our away christmas interpro again. Time for "unseen grounding but try awarded" or stuff like that. Wait and see
    Can we please just stop with this.

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Can we please just stop with this.
    Maybe, if he's all right this Friday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Four days after Connacht keep their season on track thanks to a shocking refereeing blunder, so bad that the tournament organisers publicly acknowledged it, you're moaning about a perfectly correct piece of refereeing from a year ago that had no impact on the outcome of the match.

Jesus.

Four days after Connacht keep their season on track thanks to a shocking refereeing blunder, so bad that the tournament organisers publicly acknowledged it, you're moaning about a perfectly correct piece of refereeing from a year ago that had no impact on the outcome of the match.

Jesus.
    it was not correct (same situation not the same call to the TMO from Garcès to refuse the Connacht grounding this saturday), it had a massive influence on the game. Yes happy enough it didn't change the outcome of the season

Anyway let's see how he does this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

it was not correct (same situation not the same call to the TMO from Garcès to refuse the Connacht grounding this saturday), it had a massive influence on the game. Yes happy enough it didn't change the outcome of the season

Connacht didn't score in that game. It had zero impact on the result. There was absolutely nothing to suggest the ball wasn't grounded and the ref had a far better view than any camera. Bringing it up a year later is really pathetic. Move on. Especially seeing as you got the most ludicrous of decisions in your favour the other day that has kept your European campaign alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

It's been a year Connachta. I can hold a grudge as well as most fans but I think it might be time to let this one go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Jesus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Jesus.

We heard you the first time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

mooonpie wrote: »

They're in the Retail Park store I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Please stop, this place has been unbearable the last few days after a great result at the weekend.

Same stuff being recycled time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Grrrrr Neil Back Grrrrr

• Administrators Posts: 53,347 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Clancy is the ref for Ulster v Connacht?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Never mind them connachta, I'll get in on this Clancy ancient history hate act with you.
    I still haven't forgiven him for awarding this perfectly good score at such a crucial period in the game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,347 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Where can you see the referee appointments?

ClanofLams wrote: »
    It's been a year Connachta. I can hold a grudge as well as most fans but I think it might be time to let this one go!!
    Allright but can't bear to see some pretending he had a clear view. "Try yes or no" should have been the question.
    Anyway I moved on (more than I did for Gloucester and Cardiff clear and obvious robberies).
    I'm just saying I'm not confident with Clancy. Full blank and let's see how he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭b.gud

Lee Kiss: There are no restrictions from Ireland on who we can play against Connacht and Leinster, but we do want to manage some players ourselves

If we wanna grab the opportunity we have to start Buckley, Bealham and Dillane again, and again against Munster...
    We can also chose to follow L.K with team "management" too, despite so many injuries
    If I had to try an audacious team vs Ulster, resting players and preserving some quality spread across the lines

1) Loughney
    2) Heffernan
    3) J.P
    4) Stevenson (would like to do well again his ex-teamates)
    5) Cannon
    6) McKeon
    7) Connolly (deserved for him to play once)
    8 ) Dawai
    9) Blade/Cooney
    10) Well... Jack or Jack
    11) Healy
    12) Robb
    13) Parata
    14) Poolman (no need for rest for those guys from 11 to 14)
    15) TOH

17) McCartney (Yeah we're short for TH, he has to prepare covering LH, to allow others like J.P to move on the TH side)
    16) Delahunt (deserved for him to play a bit more)
    18) Meunargia
    19) Roux or Dillane
    20) SOB
    21) Cooney/Blade
    22) Brennan
    23) Niyi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

That team would get annihilated by Ulster in Ravenhill.
    Not saying the selection is right or wrong but that's exactly what would happen.

I think we have a chance of winning both games.
    We also NEED to win both games.
    Ulster may be the game to target as that would firmly drag them into the 5/6th spot battle.  
    We just have to go for it and hope we get some respite with injuries.

Maybe but I really fear our front 5 + midfield pairing can't hold at 100% of their form 2 X 80 against Wasps with 6 day-turnarounds + 2 X 80 high-intensity interpros with freezing conditions...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

awec wrote: »
    Where can you see the referee appointments?
    For games in Ireland look on the provincial referee association/society websites. arcb.ie/arlb.ie/mar.ie

Saba Meunargia, Ciaran Gaffney on the training pics. Interesting

Ili too, with a jacket, but still good sign for his recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Saba Meunargia, Ciaran Gaffney on the training pics. Interesting

Ili too, with a jacket, but still good sign for his recovery.

Wouldn't read too much into who is training but Bundee was sitting in the stand with Ronaldson Browne and Heenan. Did he pick up a knock or what ? Hard to make out anything from the pics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement