Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part IV - Just Another Manic Bundee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    connachta wrote: »
    Saba Meunargia, Ciaran Gaffney on the training pics. Interesting

Ili too, with a jacket, but still good sign for his recovery.

Wouldn't read too much into who is training but Bundee was sitting in the stand with Ronaldson Browne and Heenan. Did he pick up a knock or what ? Hard to make out anything from the pics.
    yeah saw it, but no Robb to replace him on the pics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Poolman Parata I guess if Aki and Robb aren't available

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Poolman Parata I guess if Aki and Robb aren't available
    Wow no! one "winger" to play centre is enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bundee has been carrying that knock since the Wasps game at the Ricoh and knowing him he'll probably still be right for Friday. He's an absolute fighter. Would love to see Poolman start this too. Give the boy a chance and a contract extension.

Parata is a 13 imo. Poolman is a winger alright but if aki and robb are out he's next best option in the centre.

• Advertisement

Parata is a 13 imo. Poolman is a winger alright but if aki and robb are out he's next best option in the centre.
    You can't move a 13 to 12 AND a 14 to 13. That would be a disaster. Would prefer Brennan to step up (he was on the teamsheet in Ravenhill last season but didn't have a single minute)

Would love to see Poolman start this too. Give the boy a chance and a contract extension.
    No choice anyway I think, but I agree. I love Dannie style, brings some ponderation in an electric backline. But on the wing, not elsewhere

You can't move a 13 to 12 AND a 14 to 13. That would be a disaster. Would prefer Brennan to step up (he was on the teamsheet in Ravenhill last season but didn't have a single minute)

I think Brennan is injured atm, in any case they certainly aren't going to let him debut in the centre in Ravenhill.

I meant leaving Parata at 13 and putting Poolman at 12, I think he's played at 12 in the past, could be wrong on that though.

I think Brennan is injured atm, in any case they certainly aren't going to let him debut in the centre in Ravenhill.

I meant leaving Parata at 13 and putting Poolman at 12, I think he's played at 12 in the past, could be wrong on that though.
    A winger as 12? I'd really prefer the new guy who does well for his club and Eagles. He's not 19 anymore. If he's fit of course

A winger as 12? I'd really prefer the new guy who does well for his club and Eagles. He's not 19 anymore. If he's fit of course

Just checked, Poolman played 12 for the eagles a couple of weeks ago which may be Lam wanting him to get some gametime there and I'm fairly sure he has played there for Connacht in the past. More importantly he is experienced.

Besides Brennan has only played 13 afaik, they're not gonna pick him in the centre for his debut in Ravenhill alongside another young guy with roughly 20 caps.

Anyway hopefully Aki is fit.

• Advertisement

Just checked, Poolman played 12 for the eagles a couple of weeks ago which may be Lam wanting him to get some gametime there and I'm fairly sure he has played there for Connacht in the past. More importantly he is experienced.

Besides Brennan has only played 13 afaik, they're not gonna pick him in the centre for his debut in Ravenhill alongside another young guy with roughly 20 caps.

Anyway hopefully Aki is fit.
    Don't overplay Aki though.
    And if you play Dannie in centre, you'd overplay the back-3 TOH/Niyi/Healy.
    No good solution I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Was just listening to the eggchasers podcast, apparently Henshaw had a little celebration when he saw the connacht wasps result when he was in the tunnel at the Aviva.

Iompair wrote: »
    Was just listening to the eggchasers podcast, apparently Henshaw had a little celebration when he saw the connacht wasps result when he was in the tunnel at the Aviva.
    Back in 2 years I tell you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭b.gud

Ulster v Connacht build up here

F**k! Aki needs surgery on ankle out till mid February

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Ok this is awful news. We are desperate in the centre now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2016/1221/840578-irfu-chief/
    “Every coaching appointment is crucial. There’s been so much good work been done out there, obviously we’re all very, very conscious of what we do next, where do we go next. That’s the reality of sport."
    A whole load of non-specifics.
    I don't like how they say "out there" when talking about us.

That really punches a whole in the middle of the season.
    Robb and Ronaldson would be a fine substitute if they were fit.
    Just a thought, but What would Cooney look like as a 12?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Jaco Tautes loan spell with Munster is ending just saying.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Stop screwing around and hire Carolan.

My kids need new shoes.

Just a thought, but What would Cooney look like as a 12?

A snuff movie most likely

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Mark III of this thread runs, Bundee is immortal.

Mark IV starts with Bundee related title, this happens.

I'm not saying the two things are related but can we change the thread title just to be sure?

Robbo wrote: »
    Mark III of this thread runs, Bundee is immortal.

Mark IV starts with Bundee related title, this happens.

I'm not saying the two things are related but can we change the thread title just to be sure?
    Yeah, put Moloney in there, we don't need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bundee needs ankle surgery...

Explains why I saw this being driven into Galway University Hospital this morning:

b4286128bb2e5b206b33f510a4ba9819.jpg

Jaco Tautes loan spell with Munster is ending just saying.....
    It's not entirely implausible. I don't know what Western Force's liquidation means for player contracts ,
    http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/rugby/2016/12/20/Western-Province-Rugby-placed-under-liquidation1

but a 2 or 3 month contract would be handy for PRO12 games. I presume he would be illegible for Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

It's not entirely implausible. I don't know what Western Force's liquidation means for player contracts ,
    http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/rugby/2016/12/20/Western-Province-Rugby-placed-under-liquidation1

but a 2 or 3 month contract would be handy for PRO12 games. I presume he would be illegible for Europe.

Yes he would be.... But Saili wouldn't be...

Round 5 gameagainst Zebre is on Sat 14th at 1pm

Round 6 game against Toulouse is on at 4:15 (local time I think) on Sun 22nd

Is that all away Sunday games in Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Lads, this has possibly been answered earlier, but why are Toulouse ahead of us in the table?

In the head to head we have 4 match points and they have 1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement