Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First annual werewolf forum awards

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Calling the Vig. Vig to hit Necro.

What pSTARR wished he could do to Isla in the WWE game:

f8aafcb8847b5b3a5f2e7604a122b1b242b6ed0d_hq.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

duffman13 wrote: »
    After hearing the Simpsons being mentioned so much i read that thread and backrooms in sync over the weekend. Unreal stuff, play of the year by Raze/the Mafia brilliant stuff.

From games ive been involved in Lords reveal as Governor was hilarious, really enjoyed that and Razes breakdown in the backrooms when being mind controlled in the WWE game. When he got stunnered it was priceless reading the deadroom after the game :)

Mogwai somehow winning the xmas game on a one man team was also impressive work.

SEE! I told you it wasn't just me who did this!

Star Wars game is a great read too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

duffman13 wrote: »
    After hearing the Simpsons being mentioned so much i read that thread and backrooms in sync over the weekend. Unreal stuff, play of the year by Raze/the Mafia brilliant stuff.

From games ive been involved in Lords reveal as Governor was hilarious, really enjoyed that and Razes breakdown in the backrooms when being mind controlled in the WWE game. When he got stunnered it was priceless reading the deadroom after the game :)

Mogwai somehow winning the xmas game on a one man team was also impressive work.

That is some serious deadication, that simpsons game was massive.

Also i may of lost my **** a little after the stunner

Necrominus wrote: »
    What pSTARR wished he could do to Isla in the WWE game:

f8aafcb8847b5b3a5f2e7604a122b1b242b6ed0d_hq.gif

Not just PStarr :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Most loved player: Necro
    Most hated player: Necro
    Most lynch threats against player: Necro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

So far no two people have voted the same game as best game!

Ok, as said I've voted but from a relative newcomer I'll share some of my highlights.

Began as green new player back in April in the Bad Moon Rising game on COP.

Mahama's effortlessness at tasks were top notch in that.

Strawberry's honesty over the stars. Kudos.

Gordon's reveal was awesome. Even though it involved me. Stupid Gordon:mad:

Next up was Simpsons and a lot has been and will continue to be said about that game.

Millhouse-gate.
    Grampa Simpson.
    Necro going looney backstage over raze.

First live game then and first time going deep into a game.
    Digi was MVP baddie there and got the W for team wolf.

Marvel Game: :o:o

The start of the Necro tunnel. Sorry maha (again). Also webbed Tigs... oops.
    Andy as Knarf/Deadpool the highlight of that game for me. Backroom is still hilarious.

Community was up next and a sad premature end but who can forget the insanity of the Ass-Crack Bandit known as Derry/Drumpot? So much fun, and one of the only games where I didn't try to lynch Kolido (sorry Kolido).
    pSTARR's debut was a cracker here too.

The stop-gap Vanillarama was great, flavour-tastic in the kills with Flushy in charge. pSTARR following up with a great vig performance too... apart from Babs :P

Star Trek... *sighs*
    Lasted till the end as a surrogate wolf I was so wrong about everything.
    Lord being christened the newbie killer after munching poor robyn night 0.
    Drumpot losing the plot as Whorf and killing himself eventually (after gaining justice for robyn :P)
    Stellar wolf performance and the start of Barney's conversions :pac:

Walking Dead and new territory for me: modding. First off, anyone worried about modding, get Jayop to help them out. He was gentle on me:pac::pac::pac:

Tigger and sKeith shooting the breeze night 0 with both of them planning to kill each other the next morning was fun to read.
    Lordie's reveal as Governor - epic.
    Mick and his conversions, grumpy pulling the win out for Team Negan.
    Stellar performances from the new players, in particular duffman13, Stu Redman and destroyer.

Buffy next and the vampires get the win. Marred a little by a lot of mid game drop outs, but Steve (Beakerjoe) played the Buffy role very well imo. Task solving at its finest.
    Trit breaks his baddy cherry, and pSTARR's efficiencies at tasks were top notch.

Live game was a hoot to mod, but my dream of the two Mollys being wolves unfortunately never got realised :(

WWE Game, and again Necro survives deep into the day. Gets converted and fall over my own lies :pac:
    Still not sure how pSTARR figured out Orla in that game, btw. Raze getting mind controlled and subsequent meltdown... what do they say re: karma :pac:
    Stellar intro to the game by Banjo, the BG who we never really deserved :D

Christmas Chaos. And kudos to our Mogwai, fully deserved win.
    Boo to those killing me not once, but twice.
    Raze again making headlines for a hilarious reveal, and the mistrust between the three power roles was great fun to read.

Here's to the next game, folks! (Sign up for Tigger's vanilla one... twill be fun!)

Ok, as said I've voted but from a relative newcomer I'll share some of my highlights.

Began as green new player back in April in the Bad Moon Rising game on COP.

Mahama's effortlessness at tasks were top notch in that.

Strawberry's honesty over the stars. Kudos.

Gordon's reveal was awesome. Even though it involved me. Stupid Gordon:mad:

Next up was Simpsons and a lot has been and will continue to be said about that game.

Millhouse-gate.
    Grampa Simpson.
    Necro going looney backstage over raze.

First live game then and first time going deep into a game.
    Digi was MVP baddie there and got the W for team wolf.

Marvel Game: :o:o

The start of the Necro tunnel. Sorry maha (again). Also webbed Tigs... oops.
    Andy as Knarf/Deadpool the highlight of that game for me. Backroom is still hilarious.

Community was up next and a sad premature end but who can forget the insanity of the Ass-Crack Bandit known as Derry/Drumpot? So much fun, and one of the only games where I didn't try to lynch Kolido (sorry Kolido).
    pSTARR's debut was a cracker here too.

The stop-gap Vanillarama was great, flavour-tastic in the kills with Flushy in charge. pSTARR following up with a great vig performance too... apart from Babs :P

Star Trek... *sighs*
    Lasted till the end as a surrogate wolf I was so wrong about everything.
    Lord being christened the newbie killer after munching poor robyn night 0.
    Drumpot losing the plot as Whorf and killing himself eventually (after gaining justice for robyn :P)
    Stellar wolf performance and the start of Barney's conversions :pac:

Walking Dead and new territory for me: modding. First off, anyone worried about modding, get Jayop to help them out. He was gentle on me:pac::pac::pac:

Tigger and sKeith shooting the breeze night 0 with both of them planning to kill each other the next morning was fun to read.
    Lordie's reveal as Governor - epic.
    Mick and his conversions, grumpy pulling the win out for Team Negan.
    Stellar performances from the new players, in particular duffman13, Stu Redman and destroyer.

Buffy next and the vampires get the win. Marred a little by a lot of mid game drop outs, but Steve (Beakerjoe) played the Buffy role very well imo. Task solving at its finest.
    Trit breaks his baddy cherry, and pSTARR's efficiencies at tasks were top notch.

Live game was a hoot to mod, but my dream of the two Mollys being wolves unfortunately never got realised :(

WWE Game, and again Necro survives deep into the day. Gets converted and fall over my own lies :pac:
    Still not sure how pSTARR figured out Orla in that game, btw. Raze getting mind controlled and subsequent meltdown... what do they say re: karma :pac:
    Stellar intro to the game by Banjo, the BG who we never really deserved :D

Christmas Chaos. And kudos to our Mogwai, fully deserved win.
    Boo to those killing me not once, but twice.
    Raze again making headlines for a hilarious reveal, and the mistrust between the three power roles was great fun to read.

Here's to the next game, folks! (Sign up for Tigger's vanilla one... twill be fun!)

You shudda opened with this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Would you ever go away out of that! Newcomer my arse!!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Would you ever go away out of that! Newcomer my arse!!

I've only been here since April believe it or not :o:o

• Advertisement

I've only been here since April believe it or not :o:o

That's a long time dude, you can make a human in that amount of time

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

It's only been going since September (?), so that's 9 out of 16 months that's it's going, so well over half. Would you ever take off your coat, put on your slippers and make yourself comfortable already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Id like to sign up for tiggs vanilla but im moving home so have no real time

quickbeam wrote: »
    It's only been going since September (?), so that's 9 out of 16 months that's it's going, so well over half. Would you ever take off your coat, put on your slippers and make yourself comfortable already!

Oh well... OK then.

893240aaf6e99c742c6aa07f6588961a--pantomime-dame.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

My problem is that I have the worst memory and bar the themes of the games the whole thing becomes a big mish mash of games for me.

Jayop wrote: »
    My problem is that I have the worst memory and bar the themes of the games the whole thing becomes a big mish mash of games for me.

Ah come on dude surely you remember when harry poter shot worf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

SEE! I told you it wasn't just me who did this!

Star Wars game is a great read too btw

Tbh id probably never do it again, but it was almost impossible to stop after reading Tiggers plan and watching the **** hit the fan from every angle. It was brilliant, i actually laughed so much and now know why people second guess absolutely every reveal to such an extent. Might read the star wars one actually:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Tigger wrote: »
    whatvif youbdodntvwin?

Well then.....
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Jayop wrote: »

I'm the same, its only a few highlights from each that I recall.

Which game was it that had 8 modkills? Those mods deserve the MVP, I thought it was Trit and Co but seemingly not

I'm the same, its only a few highlights from each that I recall.

Which game was it that had 8 modkills? Those mods deserve the MVP, I thought it was Trit and Co but seemingly not

Buffy :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

necro pter drumpot and myself had to witness that from behind the mod curtain. the scars are still healing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

howbis my reaction to blowjob being village notvthe best reacrion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Buffy :(:(:(

It was very well handled

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm the same as DS and Jay. I have the worst memory so I vaguely remember bits of every game but couldn't tell you which is which.

finally the 6 way tie for best game has been broken!

So far we've a clear winner for best win, best newcomer and worst role reveal

MOAR VOTES vanillagers!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZ-Mx6m7EneKmfLoj4wSeRfbZ3NWy5gRDFQsbhkm3p3r0NyA/viewform?usp=sf_link

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Voted!

Guys I didn't close the poll on Sunday, TBH I didn't know what day was Sunday! I'll close later tonight so if anyone else wants to vote you still have some time!

Drumroll Please!

tenor.gif?itemid=4484754

The results are in!!

Best Game

The Walking Dead

Honorable mention to Buffy and Star Trek in joint 2nd place

Best Mod Team

Joint first place

Necrominus & Pter & sKeith & Drumpot (Buffy)
    Molly & Pter & Uriel (Star Trek)

Best Theme

The Walking Dead

Best Win

Mogwai aka Bounty Hunter in Christmas Chaos

Best Baddie

Raze them all as grandpa(!) in the simpsons

Best Goodie

Joint first place

JasonS246

P*

Best Role Reveal

JasonS246 aka Gordon the Cook

Worst Role Reveal

Raze them all as Mary in Christmas Chaos

Best Reaction

Molly

Best Newcomer

P*

Best Flavour

Valentines day masacre

Write in votes for random topics:

lifetime achievement for putting up with us - sullivlo
    bounty hunter for a individual win
    Best forum mod - Sully
    Pleasant Surprise Category for the Valentines game, Guffy deserves a shutout for "Hi Romeo, its me"
    I'm pretty great to be fair. Can I have an award? (Pter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Advertisement

Ooh awards! They're so shiny and sparkly :P

Here's to 2018 and more mayhem, murder and mistrust!

Advertisement