Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Qwert6

decorfali9 wrote: »
    Same here. Tried but didn't succeed.

Our solicitor is trying but imagine we won't succeed either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

I completely understand your concern. I asked our BOI mortgage advisor what would happen if the build was delayed for a month or two, and she said that the Letter of Offer would be extended to cover that, but I'm sure had it been more than a month or two we would have had to apply all over again, and run the risk of not being approved after signing contracts and handing over the deposit. I know it would have been a small risk, but having seen how quickly lending criteria changed during 2008/2009 you just don't know what can happen in the meantime.

I would say screw the white goods and hold out signing the contracts for as long as possible, and hold off getting your Letter of Offer for as long as possible. Park were always very aware of the Letter of Offer issue, and made sure that the houses were built well within the six month time limit, so it was never an issue before. But now the timelines are out of their hands, and they have to be aware that no one wants to be reapplying for approval having already handed over €50,000.

That being said, I do think that construction will reopen in April and I just can't see a situation where we go a Level 5 again.

JDD wrote: »
    I completely understand your concern. I asked our BOI mortgage advisor what would happen if the build was delayed for a month or two, and she said that the Letter of Offer would be extended to cover that, but I'm sure had it been more than a month or two we would have had to apply all over again, and run the risk of not being approved after signing contracts and handing over the deposit. I know it would have been a small risk, but having seen how quickly lending criteria changed during 2008/2009 you just don't know what can happen in the meantime.

I would say screw the white goods and hold out signing the contracts for as long as possible, and hold off getting your Letter of Offer for as long as possible. Park were always very aware of the Letter of Offer issue, and made sure that the houses were built well within the six month time limit, so it was never an issue before. But now the timelines are out of their hands, and they have to be aware that no one wants to be reapplying for approval having already handed over €50,000.

That being said, I do think that construction will reopen in April and I just can't see a situation where we go a Level 5 again.

Thanks so much for your information and response to my worries. Interesting to hear about the small extension you got to your mortgage and a month or 2 might just be the saving grace. Still v fearful about handing over all our savings that we have been working on for years... Agreed that timelines are out the window due to Covid and it is a disaster. Just hoping that construction goes back in april🀞 thanks again for your insight

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EamonnW09

Can anyone that bought a 4 bed semi-d in the latest phase advise what the price range was?
    Looking to buy in the upcoming phase and have always been told that prices aren't confirmed for the next phase but will be similar to previous phase (which I believed to be between €580,000 and €620,000).
    I've now been told after a phone call with Savilles that they're looking at starting around the mid €600k's for the next phase??! With the one's we'd ideally like, overlooking the green, coming at a premium, which will mean beyond that!
    Her reason was that the last phase was mainly mid terrace houses. Is this correct?

EamonnW09 wrote: »
    Can anyone that bought a 4 bed semi-d in the latest phase advise what the price range was?
    Looking to buy in the upcoming phase and have always been told that prices aren't confirmed for the next phase but will be similar to previous phase (which I believed to be between €580,000 and €620,000).
    I've now been told after a phone call with Savilles that they're looking at starting around the mid €600k's for the next phase??! With the one's we'd ideally like, overlooking the green, coming at a premium, which will mean beyond that!
    Her reason was that the last phase was mainly mid terrace houses. Is this correct?

For phase 2, the price of the Rowan end of terrace is 610k which is the house we are looking it. We were told the next phase would go up from that.

• Advertisement

Qwert6 wrote: »
    For phase 2, the price of the Rowan end of terrace is 610k which is the house we are looking it. We were told the next phase would go up from that.

Another €40k on top though sounds ridiculous though doesn't it? What reason did they give you for the increase?

Another €40k on top though sounds ridiculous though doesn't it? What reason did they give you for the increase?

They didn't say but we didn't ask in fairness. I always assumed that every phase was more exepsnive than the previous but maybe I'm wrong there. I'm fairly new to all this house hunting and it's a headache. Mid 600s for a mid terrace seems madness

• Registered Users Posts: 35 decorfali9

seb123321 wrote: »
    We also tried but no joy too. We were told to not even try by our solicitor as "they've never budged on it". Interesting to hear that others have. Also, has anyone got any further updates re Phase 2 snagging? We were initially told March, then May and then this recent lockdown happened so we're really quite pessimistic about being in by even end of summer...

Whenever I've called they tell me that they expect to be right back in the game post April 5th whenever construction happens again (though, that's only what they hear in the news... there's no guarantee construction will actually re-open in April) and they reckon the same ~2 month lead time they've been communicated since before x-mas still applies. One could argue that even when construction re-open they'll slow to ramp up again. Depending on contracts and stuff they may be short on lavor for a while before they can kick it up a gear. But again, they may already be factoring this into the ~2 month time they are giving us. When we signed the contracts we went to the site to check our property and most of the houses around the Grove were nearly finished. Where they were quite behind is around the drive, towards the playground to the right of the sitemap.

Bottom line is, until they open construction there isn't much point in pushing for dates anyway. I doubt developers are getting any prime info behind close doors on this, given there's already a couple of lawsuits hitting the courts due to the construction lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cfresident

JDD wrote: »
    Do you live on the estate Digiteer? You seem determined to do the place down. Because there are no management or estate fees for house owners, and you'd know that if you owned a house.

Interesting, no comments since you called him/her out. Clearly trolling the page for some reason. I would disregard this poster’s comments, as based on what they say in their comments it would seem that they don’t live in Clay Farm.

Either that or there’s a lot of empty space in the attic!

i know a big ask but would anyone have the measurements for the Rowan please (floor and windows)?
    appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Hershel95

So just to check, the 4-beds minimum price would be starting mid-600k? I had thought it was on the lower end say 600-625k (as per Daft / MyHome.ie).

Wonder if 3-beds would also increase past 500k and invalidate my HTB benefit? Strange times to be increasing prices whilst there is a lockdown and lack of housing supply in South Dublin.

Hershel95 wrote: »
    So just to check, the 4-beds minimum price would be starting mid-600k? I had thought it was on the lower end say 600-625k (as per Daft / MyHome.ie).

Wonder if 3-beds would also increase past 500k and invalidate my HTB benefit? Strange times to be increasing prices whilst there is a lockdown and lack of housing supply in South Dublin.

These were the prices the sent over email from the launch back in October. AFAIK they've remained more or less unchanged since the development started selling back in 2018. Rowan/Hawthorn are both 4 beds. I should day that I remember seeing Ferns end of terrace for 515, so I cannot speak for how accurate the 4-bed prices below are. I wasn't in the market for a 4 bed.

Fern - €490,000 - €510,000
    Elder - €500,000
    Rowan - €585,000 - €615,000
    Hawthorn - €615,000 - €640,000

Hershel95 wrote: »

Yes. That's what I thought too, until I received a call from a woman in Savills that I had been in contact with. She told me that the previous phase was mainly mid terrace/end of terrace. And so this phase would be going for mid 600's and that's for the one over looking the 3 beds on Clay Farm Avenue! For the ones overlooking the green on the Avenue she said there'd be a premium on those.
    So I did a bit of investigating and according to the price property, the Semi-D's (not mid/end terrace as she said), went for €630k-€635k (vat included), and these were overlooking the green. They're also the same orientation south west facing. So I don't understand where they're coming from with another €20k+ for the next phase.
    I'm going to question this based on the above and see what they say. I'll probably get the same rehearsed line of 'prices have not been confirmed', but we have a house to sell first and need to know these prices as advanced as possible.

These were the prices the sent over email from the launch back in October. AFAIK they've remained more or less unchanged since the development started selling back in 2018. Rowan/Hawthorn are both 4 beds. I should day that I remember seeing Ferns end of terrace for 515, so I cannot speak for how accurate the 4-bed prices below are. I wasn't in the market for a 4 bed.

Elder - €500,000

Thanks!
    Do you have the list of houses that were on sale in this particular launch?

Thanks!
    Do you have the list of houses that were on sale in this particular launch?

The site map tells you that. https://clayfarm.ie/stylish-houses/?cn-reloaded=1#lg=1&slide=0. Everything with a house number on it went on sale (excluding the 4 show houses, which also have numbers).

That was back in October. The next phase was meant to be the plot right underneath where the show houses are.

Yes. That's what I thought too, until I received a call from a woman in Savills that I had been in contact with. She told me that the previous phase was mainly mid terrace/end of terrace. And so this phase would be going for mid 600's and that's for the one over looking the 3 beds on Clay Farm Avenue! For the ones overlooking the green on the Avenue she said there'd be a premium on those.
    So I did a bit of investigating and according to the price property, the Semi-D's (not mid/end terrace as she said), went for €630k-€635k (vat included), and these were overlooking the green. They're also the same orientation south west facing. So I don't understand where they're coming from with another €20k+ for the next phase.
    I'm going to question this based on the above and see what they say. I'll probably get the same rehearsed line of 'prices have not been confirmed', but we have a house to sell first and need to know these prices as advanced as possible.

I know in your situation you need to know what the pricing will be, but the truth is you need to take any pricing they give you ATM with a pinch of salt. It'll come down to demand and take into account (in case you didn't know that already) that they are pre-approving prospective buyers. They are in a really unfair advantage position to triagge interest and adjust pricing that I've never seen in any new development before.

Just out of curiority, what launch date are they giving for the next phase?

I know in your situation you need to know what the pricing will be, but the truth is you need to take any pricing they give you ATM with a pinch of salt. It'll come down to demand and take into account (in case you didn't know that already) that they are pre-approving prospective buyers. They are in a really unfair advantage position to triagge interest and adjust pricing that I've never seen in any new development before.

Just out of curiority, what launch date are they giving for the next phase?

Yes, it does seem a bit unfair. I have spoken to them again and it is looking likely that the next phase will be mid 600’s. The ones on Clay Farm Park went for 630-635k, but I’ve been told that I have to remember that was last summer so prices have increased in the market since then. I haven’t seen that in a development yet where they decide to increase the price of identical houses in the space of a phase. These houses should’ve been launched already, but because of the pandemic they are now much later and seems like that’s had a knock on effect to the price. So those looking at Clay Farm Avenue are going to be expected to pay 15-20k more than buyers who purchased less than 12 months ago for the exact same position and house. Out budget and the fact that we’re waiting on these houses was based on the costs they’re displaying on daft or that similar houses have sold for.

I always though one of the pros of going for a new build is that you don’t need to worry about having to pay above the asking price, but looks like I was mistaken in a way!

And to answer you’re question, I’ve been told ‘late summer’ for the next launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hershel95

Elder - €500,000

Thanks, really helpful info. And as one of the guys mentioned later in the thread, also agree that price rises are taking place in the space of a release (can understand phase 1 vs phase 2 pricing differentials).

Other than Clay Farm and potentially Domville (Cherrywood), not sure there are many other new developments in South Dublin that'd be priced similarly in hte 500-600k bucket. Sign of the times!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 laurielu

Did anyone manage to get the clause into the contract to stay that you would get the deposit back subject to loan approval?

We tried as well. Absolutely no budge on it. Haven’t signed contracts as a result and are waiting for construction to reopen before signing as don’t want to lose deposit.

Think some banks are better post letter of offer. AIB have said 6 months from signing of letter of offer +/- extension but may need additional documents.

Kbc were longer. They were saying December.

laurielu wrote: »
    We tried as well. Absolutely no budge on it. Haven’t signed contracts as a result and are waiting for construction to reopen before signing as don’t want to lose deposit.

Think some banks are better post letter of offer. AIB have said 6 months from signing of letter of offer +/- extension but may need additional documents.

Kbc were longer. They were saying December.

We also haven't signed or paid anything over yet because of this. At least we know construction is going back 12 April so hopefully that means we can be in mid summer and we will still be in mortgage approval stage so won't have to try get extension, reapply etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 laurielu

We also haven't signed or paid anything over yet because of this. At least we know construction is going back 12 April so hopefully that means we can be in mid summer and we will still be in mortgage approval stage so won't have to try get extension, reapply etc

When are ye planning on signing? Our solicitor negotiated that we could sign after construction reopens but I’m still sceptical about signing before we’re close to closing given the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fijoka

i know a big ask but would anyone have the measurements for the Rowan please (floor and windows)?
    appreciate it

i tried the online measurements but they varied depending on a day ranging from 3.30 to 3.60 living room width. 3.30 is very narrow for a house selling for mid 600's so would be great to know exact measurement if someone have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GracieF

Hi

I am looking at the new apartments that are hoping to be launched shortly after construction resumes- Oak Hall . I am just wondering if anyone who has recently moved in to the apartments what the management fees are for the year? In terms of the finish of the apartments are they well insulated noise wise or can you hear neighbours above/below/beside you?

Any feedback would be helpful :-) and much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

GracieF wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking at the new apartments that are hoping to be launched shortly after construction resumes- Oak Hall . I am just wondering if anyone who has recently moved in to the apartments what the management fees are for the year? In terms of the finish of the apartments are they well insulated noise wise or can you hear neighbours above/below/beside you?

Any feedback would be helpful :-) and much appreciated!

EUR 1966 per annum

We do hear noise when any machine like a vaccum cleaner is being used. Nothing otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Newhomehunter1

Hi all, we are sale agreed for a 3 bed in clayfarm in the previous phase.
    In terms of customisation of the house what are the possibilities of making changes prior to moving in???
    For example we want to put up a double door fridge or false ceiling.
    I have heard in other properties people can pay extra but get few things customized.
    Savills doesn't seem to react well when asked and said that we can make changes after we move in. But wouldn't it be better to get it done in advance than removing the already installed stuff and refitting it????
    Has anybody done any customisations?
    Please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 c00114110

Hi all, we are sale agreed for a 3 bed in clayfarm in the previous phase.
    In terms of customisation of the house what are the possibilities of making changes prior to moving in???
    For example we want to put up a double door fridge or false ceiling.
    I have heard in other properties people can pay extra but get few things customized.
    Savills doesn't seem to react well when asked and said that we can make changes after we move in. But wouldn't it be better to get it done in advance than removing the already installed stuff and refitting it????
    Has anybody done any customisations?
    Please advise.

I do have same issue, my request is much simpler than you, just not install a cabinet. But reject immediately by Savills. So, I don't think they want customer to do any custom change.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

Did anyone got update on new snagging date?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Newhomehunter1

twoeyes wrote: »
    Did anyone got update on new snagging date?

Not yet. Savills says they don't have an update yet.

Not yet. Savills says they don't have an update yet.

I heard today or tomorrow for dates but we never got dates not snagging initially. Did you get snagging dates previously?

• Advertisement

laurielu wrote: »
    When are ye planning on signing? Our solicitor negotiated that we could sign after construction reopens but I’m still sceptical about signing before we’re close to closing given the contract.

We were told we had to send the contracts back to matheson by Friday. We still haven't signed yet. Waiting to hear about dates. Have you heard about dates? We are also still skeptical about signing given the clause re deposit.

Advertisement