Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

@Spencer33 have they allowed you to make any changes at all?

It would appear that this is the only site that is not allowing changes at the moment, other sites have been given options to amend different things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Joe_Biscuits

@Spencer33 - What style house have you gone for? I am still waiting on the plans so I don't know what changes (if any) I would need.

I like the idea of the roof conversion also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spencer33

It's a willow type, no changes, I asked about an attic conversion, about sockets and about moving the tv points. Shame, the first thing I'll be doing to my new home is to be drilling holes in it!

@Spencer33 I know, I'm the same such a pity! Do you know where the TV points are in the living room in the Willow? I was considering putting the TV over the fire unit (where the large mirror is in the showhouse)?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spencer33

Behind the the large mirror over the fire in the show house
    @Spencer33 I know, I'm the same such a pity! Do you know where the TV points are in the living room in the Willow? I was considering putting the TV over the fire unit (where the large mirror is in the showhouse)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 cityhome85

Hey,

Another future Citywest Villager here.

I think the builders don't have the time to do additional work as I'd imagine the Avon brick would be time consuming in comparison to a normal build. This is also along with the air flow heating system etc

We're lucky to have something so unique!

Good idea with grouping together to get stuff.

Thanks @Spencer33, those TV points will suit me.

What will the general community be? First time buyers moving in / people moving from different part of the country / changing home / with children....??? Would be good to get a feel for what the neighbours will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Premier!

Hi all,

My wife and I are waiting for the next phase to hopefully buy in Citywest. I'm just wondering, I see Joe_Biscuits, you just bought a cancellation last week? How did you find out about this?? Has anyone else bought recently since the last launch??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 City West Village

I am due to move in with my partner. I was told my home will be ready in November today. Look forward to meeting you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Max2017

We are on the mailing list and we were told about a cancellation so we've put our holding deposit down for a redwood house on The Way. They said it should be ready in December, the houses are going up fast. We are a couple with a 5month old son and we're looking forward to meeting our new neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Max2017 wrote: »
    We are on the mailing list and we were told about a cancellation so we've put our holding deposit down for a redwood house on The Way. They said it should be ready in December, the houses are going up fast. We are a couple with a 5month old son and we're looking forward to meeting our new neighbours.

Hi max is that a 3 bed semi or a mod terrace.

Premier! wrote: »
    Hi all,

My wife and I are waiting for the next phase to hopefully buy in Citywest. I'm just wondering, I see Joe_Biscuits, you just bought a cancellation last week? How did you find out about this?? Has anyone else bought recently since the last launch??

There is a cancellation list with sherry. They contacted me about a mid terrace redwood but we are holding out for a semi detached.

What will you be buying yourself?
    Have you heard anything about the possible launch date ?

We are on the cancellation list too but have received nothing! We are not too picky but would be looking at a redwood or a willow I think but difficult to know as we don't know which houses exactly will be released in next phase. The only estimate I have heard about a launch date is Aug/Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nimmy89

Hi guys,

We're considering buying in Citywest Village also and are currently on the list for the next phase and cancellations.

For those have already bought, can you let me know what the process was like? The phase was released and you went to view and put down your holding deposit. Did you have to show evidence of mortgage approval?

How does it work with the mortgage, do you draw down straight away or wait until you get the keys? If you wait, does the mortgage approval expire after 6 months if the house is not yet ready?

Sorry if they're silly questions - first time buyers so very new to all of this!

@City West Village, you were told your house would be ready in November - was it always November or was that pushed out at all? Just trying to judge are they on time.

@Max2017, was your house a mid-terrace?

nimmy89 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We're considering buying in Citywest Village also and are currently on the list for the next phase and cancellations.

For those have already bought, can you let me know what the process was like? The phase was released and you went to view and put down your holding deposit. Did you have to show evidence of mortgage approval?

How does it work with the mortgage, do you draw down straight away or wait until you get the keys? If you wait, does the mortgage approval expire after 6 months if the house is not yet ready?

Sorry if they're silly questions - first time buyers so very new to all of this!

At time of viewing you will put down 5,000 as a booking deposit (usually 5,000 anyway). Then you wait for contract to arrive. Upon signing the contracts you pay the remainder of the deposit (deposit less booking deposit). then you do not draw down the mortgage until near completion whenever that may be and yes, your loan offer may lapse in the meantime. Depending on your bank usually its just a case of renewing it after 6 months which isn't a big deal but if it goes over 12 months you have to submit a full application again. Solicitors will usually add a clause to your contract protecting you in the case that your mortgage offer expires and you can't get a new one for whatever reason, especially for new builds where there is often a long time between deposit and completion. If your solicitor hasn't mentioned this make sure and discuss with them before signing anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Max2017

@New Home Help Yes our is a mid terrace but it has side access at the end of the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nimmy89

Premier! wrote: »
    At time of viewing you will put down 5,000 as a booking deposit (usually 5,000 anyway). Then you wait for contract to arrive. Upon signing the contracts you pay the remainder of the deposit (deposit less booking deposit). then you do not draw down the mortgage until near completion whenever that may be and yes, your loan offer may lapse in the meantime. Depending on your bank usually its just a case of renewing it after 6 months which isn't a big deal but if it goes over 12 months you have to submit a full application again. Solicitors will usually add a clause to your contract protecting you in the case that your mortgage offer expires and you can't get a new one for whatever reason, especially for new builds where there is often a long time between deposit and completion. If your solicitor hasn't mentioned this make sure and discuss with them before signing anything!

Great, thank you!

Did you have to show proof of mortgage approval or did you wait until closer to the time to get your approval?

well i haven't bought a house here yet but i understand most vendors would look for at least proof of 'approval in principle'. Then once you reserve a house you go back to the bank, they will have some more paperwork and then they will issue the full loan offer

• Registered Users Posts: 5 City West Village

@new home help...yes it was always due to be November. I rang yesterday and they said everything is running on schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Yautja27

Hey Guys!

Great to see so much activity on the Citywest Boards page! My partner and I are new parents and can't wait to move in and meet everyone! Glad everybody seems to like the idea of a residents committee/whatsapp group etc.

We are also moving into The Close in February!

Was done at the houses this week and they are flying up!

Can I also suggest if anyone is in contact with the Agent and gets any info that might be of use to some people on here, could you please share :)

Does anyone know where exactly this site is, is it close to the development ??

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/rapid-build-houses-start-at-st-aidan-s-in-tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Does anyone know where exactly this site is, is it close to the development ??

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/rapid-build-houses-start-at-st-aidan-s-in-tallaght

Just beside the Cheeverstown luas stop as far as I am aware. One stop after Citywest Campus

Could anyone point it out on a map where it is?

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Just beside the Cheeverstown luas stop as far as I am aware. One stop after Citywest Campus

Ah so it's not right beside the development then, I was thinking it was around there. The halting site seems to be across from the glenshane shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Could anyone point it out on a map where it is?

Type "cheeverstown luas stop" into google maps, I think it's on the land beside it

Picture here

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

Fantastic news - more 'bang for buck' on the investment.

On a serious note - I'm worried about the 'Community park' on the plan ( on citywest road) just opposite the estate being turned into a social welfare housing site as its a massive vacant plot

• Advertisement

Fantastic news - more 'bang for buck' on the investment.

On a serious note - I'm worried about the 'Community park' on the plan ( on citywest road) just opposite the estate being turned into a social welfare housing site as its a massive vacant plot

Sherry informed me that it will be social housing for the elderly and not a regular type social housing. They will be apartments too.

Edit : sorry I thought you were referring to the site beside the 'sandymount green' part of development.

Advertisement