Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork County Council Clerical Officer 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

tinad wrote: »
    Just got called for the supervised assessments next week. How many are being called I wonder?
    Me too but I'll be on holidays. Hopefully they'll let me do it another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tinad

Well done. Did they give you the results of the online tests?

No results. Just time and place for next round.

fin12 wrote: »
    Was that by email or on the phone?

Email at 1044 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

thanks for the info... where are they taking place by the way?

thanks for the info... where are they taking place by the way?

Griffith College

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Got called myself for the supervised test. I think in the email it said that they aim to have results by 29th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Got called myself for the supervised test. I think in the email it said that they aim to have results by 29th July.

Wonder why I got no email...surely they would tell you if you failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Wonder why I got no email...surely they would tell you if you failed.

Mine was in my junk email folder, did you check there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Got email today after 2pm saying I had surpassed the pass mark but I have not been selected to supervised testing at this time but may be called in the future.

Actually it's really nice of them to even keep me in the competition seeing as I missed the deadline to do the exam twice.

I rang recruitment yesterday and all the positions to be filled are county based. Never thought to ask how many positions they are going to fill in total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

why if we surpassed the pass mark would we not be taken through to the next stage? doesn't seem fair really..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

why if we surpassed the pass mark would we not be taken through to the next stage? doesn't seem fair really..

are they taking the top %iles?

I rang recruitment yesterday and all the positions to be filled are county based. Never thought to ask how many positions they are going to fill in total.
    What do you mean by 'county based'? Nothing for the county hall like?

yenom wrote: »

Apparently not. First he told me positions were only for county hall but he needed to clarify with a supervisor, then got back to me and said none for county hall just around the county. He still didnt sound 100% though so if you want to try ringing you might get more clarification.

Apparently not. First he told me positions were only for county hall but he needed to clarify with a supervisor, then got back to me and said none for county hall just around the county. He still didnt sound 100% though so if you want to try ringing you might get more clarification.
    Era, I'll see how I get on. If I have to buy a car then so be it.

To those who have been called for supervised assessments..... Is it Thursday you have been called for? Just wondering is it one day or more it's going on for?

To those who have been called for supervised assessments..... Is it Thursday you have been called for? Just wondering is it one day or more it's going on for?

I have mine tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 samsmum

Mine is Wednesday.

Thursday.

Best of luck to everyone sitting the assessments over the next few days.!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Anybody have an idea how long this test will last today?

Anybody have an idea how long this test will last today?

I'd say 45 mins. I assume that they will supply a calculator?

I'd say 45 mins. I assume that they will supply a calculator?

They have a couple of calculators, but you can use your phone as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aoibhinn33

Hi. What did everyone think of the second round Assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Henne345

I don't know what to think about it to be hones I got everything answered in time but I don't know whether it was answered correctly or not!how did you find it?

Henne345 wrote: »
    I don't know what to think about it to be hones I got everything answered in time but I don't know whether it was answered correctly or not!how did you find it?

I didn't get to finish either of them. Could have done with a few more minutes. I feel the same. Couldn't say either way how it went. I felt the numerical test was easier that the verbal reasoning.

Aoibhinn33 wrote: »

It was ok I guess. So hard to say how it went. Didn't finish either of them so I'm not going to get my hopes up!

It was ok I guess. So hard to say how it went. Didn't finish either of them so I'm not going to get my hopes up!

It's hard to know what they're looking for. I'm not going to get my hopes up either. Either way I'm looking forward to finding out how I did. It'll be a long few weeks waiting....... The very best of luck to everyone!!

I finished both, but I'm still not going to get my hopes up. Could have got loads wrong for all I know ;)

• Advertisement

Aoibhinn33 wrote: »

They were ok. I found it strange that it was the same questions again though.

I managed to finish both sections and was going through double checking answers when the time ran out.

Advertisement