Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork County Council Clerical Officer 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CarolOM

Hi All, just got an email saying I had passed the supervised tests and I am in group 3. I will be called for interview when jobs arise once group 1 and 2 have interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Henne345

I got an email to say I'm in group 7...il be waiting a while to be called for interview id say😭

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aoibhinn33

Henne345 wrote: »
    I got an email to say I'm in group 7...il be waiting a while to be called for interview id say😭

I got group 7 too. It was disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Henne345

Aoibhinn33 wrote: »
    I got group 7 too. It was disappointing.

Ya very,I wonder how many people they are taking on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aoibhinn33

Henne345 wrote: »
    Ya very,I wonder how many people they are taking on

It would be interesting to find out alright. I wonder if there's anyway to find out? It depends on how long it is until they open up another competition for a panel also. I know a person that was number 511 on a panel for a local authority job and got called a year after for interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 tinad

I got group 4. Not holding out any hope. There can't possibly be that many vacant positions. Ah well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Got group 2 myself so still holding out hope, but there are something like 40 odd people in group 1. Will take a while I imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

I know this is a different position but did anyone apply for the Kerry County Council Clerical Officer position and if so do you have your psychometric test this week?

Anyone in Group 1 hear back about interview times yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mishafein

Anyone in Group 1 hear back about interview times yet?

The application form is due back by next Wednesday and they said they'd have interview dates and times out by August 31

• Advertisement

cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Interview dates will be advised to candidates next week

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Have group 1 interviews started? It says you can ring when interviews commence to find out who is on the panel buit it doesn't say when they commence.

Have group 1 interviews started? It says you can ring when interviews commence to find out who is on the panel buit it doesn't say when they commence.

slight tangent but...

Speaking generally, what is the point of knowing the NAMES of the interview panel in advance?

The only place I've seen it is on local authority job processes.

Are you supposed to google their names and work out their hobbies or interests so that you can slot those into the interview?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

vector wrote: »
    Speaking generally, what is the point of knowing the NAMES of the interview panel in advance?

Don't know why they provide them but since they do, getting them is just good preparation. You might be expecting a panel of 3-4 and find that its 2 or vice versa. Memorise their names for a start its easy to forget names with a big panel especially if your nervous. If an interviewer has a background in a particular area they're might be more likely to ask questions about that area etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vesper13

Does anyone have an idea where the whole process is at the moment? Will it progress to Batch 2 anytime soon?

Vesper13 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea where the whole process is at the moment? Will it progress to Batch 2 anytime soon?

Group 2 myself, so still hoping.

No movement in group 1

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Group 2 just called to fill out application with view to interview after Dec 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nb74

Have my interview this week (Group 2), just wondering from anyone who has already done the interview do they ask general questions to test your knowledge of the council or is it mainly competency based questions?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Galwaygirl64

nb74 wrote: »
    Have my interview this week (Group 2), just wondering from anyone who has already done the interview do they ask general questions to test your knowledge of the council or is it mainly competency based questions?

Thanks

Hi nb74,

They went through my form section by section and they asked me about my thoughts on the movement of the city boundary and did I know how many councillors were there. I gave my honest opinion about the boundary and took a stab at the elected officials, I was wrong on that one but he wasn't too bothered. I still got offered a job though.

They were very nice TBH,

Best of luck

nb74 wrote: »

Thanks

Had my interview earlier. Along the same lines as GalwayGirl's interview. Definitely a good idea to bone up on council structures!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 idebrid

Hi nb74,

They went through my form section by section and they asked me about my thoughts on the movement of the city boundary and did I know how many councillors were there. I gave my honest opinion about the boundary and took a stab at the elected officials, I was wrong on that one but he wasn't too bothered. I still got offered a job though.

They were very nice TBH,

Best of luck

Hi Galwaygirl64! Did you really get offered a position already? Had my interview on Thursday. Thought they wouldn't be letting people know for two weeks???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

idebrid wrote: »
    Hi Galwaygirl64! Did you really get offered a position already? Had my interview on Thursday. Thought they wouldn't be letting people know for two weeks???

I imagine GalwayGirl was part of group 1.

You will get your place on the Round 2 panel and then jobs will be offered to people on the panel (starting at number 1) as they arise.

You could be waiting a few weeks after being given your panel slot or a few months.

Hi
    I was group 1 did interview mid sep and got offer end of oct. Turned it down because i got offered a position i really wanted.

So dont panic the offers will come just have a bide your time

• Registered Users Posts: 2 idebrid

Mokuba wrote: »
    I imagine GalwayGirl was part of group 1.

You will get your place on the Round 2 panel and then jobs will be offered to people on the panel (starting at number 1) as they arise.

You could be waiting a few weeks after being given your panel slot or a few months.

Hi Mokuba,

Thanks for that. It struck me a while after that perhaps Galwaygirl64 was in Group1, and not group two. I know these panels require patience. It will be nice to hopefully hear before Christmas where I have placed.

Thanks again for your response.
    Nollaig Shona

idebrid wrote: »
    Hi Mokuba,

Thanks for that. It struck me a while after that perhaps Galwaygirl64 was in Group1, and not group two. I know these panels require patience. It will be nice to hopefully hear before Christmas where I have placed.

Thanks again for your response.
    Nollaig Shona

I would imagine you will get the placings before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MayBee

Hi I know this may be a stupid question but if group 2 are getting their place on the panel does this mean that all of group 1 have been placed ?
    Has everyone from group 2 been notified of where/if they’ve been placed on the panel ?

I got my placing in the top 5 of the panel, so I think they may have gone through group 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 EesEl

Hi there,

I'm in group 2 and got placing after top 20 in the panel... Does anyone here have experience of how long these things tend to take?

Advertisement