Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

Checki0610 wrote: »
    Does anyone no if the bins are included in mgt fee do we all get individual bins or are they a part of bin sheds etc for the houses?

It looks like every house has rear or side access to garden spaces, like in parkside. My guess is that we get individual bins. My belief is that refuse is included anybody else??

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

corre10 wrote: »
    It looks like every house has rear or side access to garden spaces, like in parkside. My guess is that we get individual bins. My belief is that refuse is included anybody else??

Ye I was hoping as everyone had a rear entrance that we all get our own individual bins just wanted to check as I know a few people in similar developments that have shared bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

Refuse is included in management fee. But if you have a mid-terrace you may want to check again to see if you get side or rear access.

Did the solicitors or the agent tell you that you had to sign by a particular date? Did they mention why? We're in the same boat, got a bit of the run around from the agent who said to check with our solicitor as the replies to queries were sent but they weren't.

Does anyone have contact details the builder? I have the plans off the sdcc website but little detail around internal floor sizes. Just want to jump the gun and get some quotes for flooring. We've asked to confirm the garden sizes as well but it appears it's only going to be confirmed when complete in spite of detailed site plans on the sdcc website.

Also if anyone gets those socket details that would be great to post if possible.

We're on Shackleton Place, hoping to be in before the end of the year, fingers crossed. It's one of the only main feeder roads into the front half of the estate so I'm guessing that'll be the case.

Called agent there this evening, Shackleton Place still scheduled for October. Good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

Called agent there this evening, Shackleton Place still scheduled for October. Good news!

Excellent we're on Shackleton Place too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 DrSeuss

Why would everyone have rear or side access? Is there a "lane" at the rear of the homes?

DrSeuss wrote: »
    Why would everyone have rear or side access? Is there a "lane" at the rear of the homes?

There is a lane yes for terraced homes and they all enter into it, or so it looks. End of terrace and semi ds have their own access it looks like. It's on the sdcc planning docs. I'll see if I can upload the right one.

Sorry file can't be uploaded is over 4mb. The file number is 2801590 on the sdcc website when searched under cairn homes. Should be able to zoom in on the site plan. I was reading the yellow shaded areas to be rear and side access. Garden sizes are also published which is interesting.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=6431&regref=SDZ16A/0003&r=&l=&prop=&name=Cairn

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

There is a lane yes for terraced homes and they all enter into it, or so it looks. End of terrace and semi ds have their own access it looks like. It's on the sdcc planning docs. I'll see if I can upload the right one.

I was looking at the map on the brochure but can't find any lane for the terraced homes? We are a mid terrace so interested to see if they do put a lane way where you store your bins.

dn2017 wrote: »
    I was looking at the map on the brochure but can't find any lane for the terraced homes? We are a mid terrace so interested to see if they do put a lane way where you store your bins.

Did you view the show houses in parkside? They had a little lanes at the back of the mid terrace to allow for wheelie bins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Newbie xx wrote: »
    Did you view the show houses in parkside? They had a little lanes at the back of the mid terrace to allow for wheelie bins.

No I never saw that. I might pop over the weekend and see the 3 bedroom Type B showhouse in Park Side and check it out. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

dn2017 wrote: »
    No I never saw that. I might pop over the weekend and see the 3 bedroom Type B showhouse in Park Side and check it out. Thanks for that.

I think someone said the show house is sold now unfortunately so don't think you can view it anymore but check it out maybe call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fionamc29

Just found this thread, there is some really helpful info here, we have just signed our contracts for a 4 bed on Shackleton Close!

I think you should check with developer or Hooke & Mcdonald. My understanding is that back lanes are not being built in Shackleton, despite them being in planning docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

DrSeuss wrote: »
    I was told that the kitchen will be placed to the back of the house with the living/dining area at the front of the home. So your window at the back will be high and low window to the front.

The attic conversion is a problem also as expansion is a huge part of buying a home, and the management company will have the say so If you ever wish to expand.

That's my worry, what will the start to include in the fees and subsequently what will the fee rise to? Could easily be €1,000 over the course of a year.

Thanks for the info. That makes more sense the kitchen being to the back like in the Parkside homes. How strange to have this wrong in the brochure :/
    A friend of mine in a completely different development had a major hike in management fees from 900 to 1400 this year. This is a worry of mine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

fionamc29 wrote: »
    Just found this thread, there is some really helpful info here, we have just signed our contracts for a 4 bed on Shackleton Close!

When did you put down your deposit? We are still waiting on contracts but only put down a deposit 10 days ago

audi5 wrote: »
    I think you should check with developer or Hooke & Mcdonald. My understanding is that back lanes are not being built in Shackleton, despite them being in planning docs.

Really? How did you find that out? That is interesting though, I wonder how they'll manage refuse collection in that case. The brochure does indicate side gates are included where applicable, maybe I am jumping to conclusions based on that, the map and parkside. Makes things difficult when you can't rely on planning permission docs! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fionamc29

When did you put down your deposit? We are still waiting on contracts but only put down a deposit 10 days ago

We put down our deposit at the end of May, think the contracts took around 3 weeks before the solicitor got them.

Will many of you be heading to the information suite? Might be a great place to get answers you may need, like will there be lanes that they don't show on schematics but show on plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

I'm going to head over tomorrow if anyone wants me to ask any questions. I want to find out about the sink in type C

• Advertisement

I'm going to head over tomorrow if anyone wants me to ask any questions. I want to find out about the sink in type C

I may not get over there myself but would be interested in the lanes or lack of and refuse plans. Also which plans are the most accurate, brochure or most recent plans on sdcc?

I may not get over there myself but would be interested in the lanes or lack of and refuse plans. Also which plans are the most accurate, brochure or most recent plans on sdcc?

I asked questions at the last info suite, I plan on asking the same ones to see if I receive a different answer.

I'll ask as much as I can also. See what we can come up with

Really? How did you find that out? That is interesting though, I wonder how they'll manage refuse collection in that case. The brochure does indicate side gates are included where applicable, maybe I am jumping to conclusions based on that, the map and parkside. Makes things difficult when you can't rely on planning permission docs! ��

I asked Hooke & Mcdonald person when I was booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Ye they seem to be slow with getting back with any queries.

I just had a look at the sdcc website there thanks for that! I didn't no they were building apartments at the entrance too, they kept that quiet. Have you heard back anything since signing the contracts or have they said how long it would be until they contacted you again?

Of course they kept it quiet. Its the Part V obligation(social housing) of the development so I presume they will wait until the end to build it.

Skelp wrote: »
    Ye they seem to be slow with getting back with any queries.

I just had a look at the sdcc website there thanks for that! I didn't no they were building apartments at the entrance too, they kept that quiet. Have you heard back anything since signing the contracts or have they said how long it would be until they contacted you again?

Of course they kept it quiet. Its the Part V obligation(social housing) of the development so I presume they will wait until the end to build it.
    They have a number of houses/ apartments/ duplexs allocated for section V, on the map it seems to me that is just for illustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

Has anyone else bought the type D house? We signed contracts today but are finding it very hard to get information on layout and parking.

Fk28 wrote: »
    Has anyone else bought the type D house? We signed contracts today but are finding it very hard to get information on layout and parking.
    They should have been attached to your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

They should have been attached to your contract.

There was layouts attached but they don't match up with plans on SDCC website. Kitchen has a different layout. Trying to see what others were told about the D layout. When we put down our booking deposit we were told we that we had a driveway, but now Cairn are saying that we don't have a traditional style driveway and that we have parking to the side of the house. Our solicitor is following up on this. Anyone else in the same boat?

They have a number of houses/ apartments/ duplexs allocated for section V, on the map it seems to me that is just for illustration.

Drove past the site today. The three X two storeys coloured in green look externally mostly complete. Genuine question - Do you think they'd be completing these first if they are for social housing?

• Advertisement

Fk28 wrote: »
    There was layouts attached but they don't match up with plans on SDCC website. Kitchen has a different layout. Trying to see what others were told about the D layout. When we put down our booking deposit we were told we that we had a driveway, but now Cairn are saying that we don't have a traditional style driveway and that we have parking to the side of the house. Our solicitor is following up on this. Anyone else in the same boat?

From what I could see in parkside the D type houses, have their parking to the side of the house.

We have a problem with how the parking is aligned with our house and it does not match with the landscape plans. We also had the incorrect layout of the house attached to our contract. We queried this on the 9.06.17 and have no answer to date. As this hasn't been resolved we haven't signed our contracts, it's taking a lot of the fun out of it for me

Advertisement