Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grace Park Wood Development, Drumcondra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Carey8123 wrote: »
     Separately, I was told that with the seals on a high energy efficient house, adding plugs and moving TV points afterwards would (without alot of work) breach the seals and reduce the rating.  If that is the case, the developer's refusal is particularly egregious. 

You were told wrong. Ratings are not that sensitive and are notoriously inaccurate . It could affect the thermal efficiency in theory but in reality it wouldn't unless somebody did a terrible job that anybody would notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

What do people think of these houses?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Fada70 wrote: »
    Congratulations! The three months will fly by. 
    Great news re possible changes/additional work.

Possibly just text from previous contracts that hasn't been removed.
    I don't think anyone has successfully got the builder to make any alterations as of yet.
    Ray Palmer wrote: »
    You were told wrong. Ratings are not that sensitive and are notoriously inaccurate . It could affect the thermal efficiency in theory but in reality it wouldn't unless somebody did a terrible job that anybody would notice.

It depends on the location. It's most likely to do with the air tightness envelope and that currently, every cable penetrating the envelope is sealed and wrapped in air tightness tape. So if you go chasing new cables through, the air tightness will be breached.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carey8123

eternal31 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a solicitor to buy a house please?
    I went with solicitors near my office in Tallaght (O'Cochlain & Co Solicitors) who were recommended by some friends.  The firm (in particular, Lorraine Kane[font=arial, sans-serif]) [/font]has been excellent throughout and walked me patiently through the huge bible of documents received from Byrne Wallace.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fada70

GPW in the background in the 6 o'clock news - Bang Bang (23:25).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 BCunn

Fada70 wrote: »
    GPW in the background in the 6 o'clock news - Bang Bang (23:25).

Quite relieved to see that was a tribute to someone and not a story about a gangland shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cmchugh82

My solicitor received the contract from the developer's solicitor, Byrne Wallace, in mid/late July and I have signed my contract and paid the additional balance to hit the 10% marker.  November is given as the target month for completion of my house so perhaps the contracts are staggered based on expected time of completion.  Also, the documents make various references to the approach where additional work is agreed to by the developer and purchaser - perhaps this implies there will be a more flexible approach on requests after contract signature.

Target move in by November sounds great. We're getting different dates from Savills and our solicitor ranging as far as April 2018. Which road did you buy on?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

The size of Ash type (3-bed house) is 105 sqm. How do you find the size of 105 sqm please? Is it big enough or not? Can people feel much difference between 105 sqm and 115 sqm/120 sqm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carey8123

cmchugh82 wrote: »
    My solicitor received the contract from the developer's solicitor, Byrne Wallace, in mid/late July and I have signed my contract and paid the additional balance to hit the 10% marker.  November is given as the target month for completion of my house so perhaps the contracts are staggered based on expected time of completion.  Also, the documents make various references to the approach where additional work is agreed to by the developer and purchaser - perhaps this implies there will be a more flexible approach on requests after contract signature.

Target move in by November sounds great. We're getting different dates from Savills and our solicitor ranging as far as April 2018. Which road did you buy on?
    My house is on the first road (Grace Park Grove).  This is the first road after the five bed houses and is made up of 3 & 4 beds.  The house is on the right as one walks down.
    eternal31 wrote: »
    The size of Ash type (3-bed house) is 105 sqm. How do you find the size of 105 sqm please? Is it big enough or not? Can people feel much difference between 105 sqm and 115 sqm/120 sqm?
    My house is an Ash - I haven't moved in yet but it seems like a decent size, especially when you compare it to the 1970/1980's houses in the area (circa 85-90 sqm) and the overpriced box-like apartments being built close to the city centre.  That said, if I had an extra 100k, the 4 bed option in Grace Park would have been very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LeahH

Hi All,

I am hoping to buy in phase 2 which is happening soon. I am concerned I might have to queue overnight due to demand as I know phase 1 sold out on the first day. Anyone who bought in phase 1 I'd really like to know did you queue in advance ?
    Anyone planning on phase 2 are you planning to queue, love to here from people about this ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Ronney

LeahH wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am hoping to buy in phase 2 which is happening soon. I am concerned I might have to queue overnight due to demand as I know phase 1 sold out on the first day. Anyone who bought in phase 1 I'd really like to know did you queue in advance ?
    Anyone planning on phase 2 are you planning to queue, love to here from people about this ?

Thanks

Q for Phase 1 started bout 10am on the Friday morning. Launch for people who had pre registered started at 2

Thanks for that Ronny,
    Do you know if they handed out numbers so that people were seen in order of the queue after they looked around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Ronney

Yea they gave out appointment times, 1st 7/8 got 2.30, next 7/8 got 2.45 etc

Anyone any further info on converting the attic in the 3 beds, I think that's what I'll be looking at.
    Is it more complicated to convert a timber frame attic then a regular block built house ?
    Has anyone got any indication on cost for the attic conversion ?

Tickets were given to people by the EA as early as Wednesday as a queue started to form and the developer didn't want the negative publicity.

There was a longer queue stretching down Grace Park Road on launch day. People with tickets were brought up the top of the queue and allowed to enter the development first for an hour and then the crowd outside would be allowed in a hour later. People thought they would have the hour to calmly view the properties on offer.

However once inside we were told to go look at the houses and come back as soon as possible (15-20 mins was suggested) back to the booking office or you'd lose your place. The reason was that they had so many people outside to deal with as well.

This sent people into a panic to view and decide on properties they had never seen for fear of losing their place. felt very few were comfortable with the situation of making a snap decision with such big purchase. The EA did not care anyway.

AsianDub thanks for the info, at least I know what I need to do now. That is a very difficult position to put people in you're a 100% right.
    I'm lucky in one way that I have viewed the houses last time around so I am pretty sure on what I want so that makes that part a little easier, I will have to pay more then the first phase though but what can you do in this market.
    I haven't had great experience of estate agents over the years only met one or two good ones, I've been through the planning application and I know the area so I feel comfortable with my decision just hope price hasn't gone above my budget when they launch.

LeahH wrote: »
    AsianDub thanks for the info, at least I know what I need to do now. That is a very difficult position to put people in you're a 100% right.
    I'm lucky in one way that I have viewed the houses last time around so I am pretty sure on what I want so that makes that part a little easier, I will have to pay more then the first phase though but what can you do in this market.
    I haven't had great experience of estate agents over the years only met one or two good ones, I've been through the planning application and I know the area so I feel comfortable with my decision just hope price hasn't gone above my budget when they launch.

Best of luck. Hope you get what you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smc12

Hi,

I am also looking to buy in phase 2. Does anyone know prices for the second phase yet? Still no word on launch date either.

As far as I know prices won't be set until launch is confirmed. It was to be end sept beginning of October but no sign yet of it happening. Prices will have increased it's just how much is anyone's guess.

Double post sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 BCunn

The word from Savills is that show houses are open again 21st & 22nd October.

BCunn wrote: »
    The word from Savills is that show houses are open again 21st & 22nd October.

I can't greet any information from them saying it's launching soon but that's as much as they'll say.

Anyone have prices for the Ash and the Elm from last phase

Thanks

Mid terrace Ash 480k
    End of terrace Ash 515k
    Elm 490k

what's the price for birch (3bed end of terraced) last phase?

AsianDub wrote: »

Thanks.

is the price of next phase confirmed?

Not confirmed but I just got told 500k for the Elm and 550k for the blackthorn. Elm seems reasonable increase but blackthorn seems high was 525k last time. Who I spoke to didn't know if they were confirmed or not yet bu5 there will be an email at some stage

My nerves are gone don't know how I'll get to Saturday

• Advertisement

I'd say they will price some 3 beds at or below the HTB threshold of 500k..

Advertisement