Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace Park Wood Development, Drumcondra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭dubrov

I'd say they could easily add 10-15k to the 3 beds and they would still sell out easily.
    The 4 beds probably won't go higher as they were pretty highly priced in the first phase and I'd guess they just about sold out.

The 5 beds have too many compromises for 740k so I would expect them to be the same price with deals to be done at a lower level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blackcat2000

Hi all, I received details of the phase 2 launch.
    Sales will be tomorrow (Friday 20th) for those who didn't get an email, this is how it was last time in May I believe. Saturday and Sunday will just be showhouses, as I'd say they'll all sell out tomorrow.

Per the email:

"We [Savills] would like to invite you to an exclusive preview this Friday the 20th October from 1pm – 3pm.

Summary Pricing
    3 beds From €490,000 approx. 104- 115 sqm (1,130 – 1,241 sqft)
    4 beds From €585,000 approx. 123- 138 sqm (1,328 – 1,485 sqft)
    5 beds From €735,000 approx. 186 - 187 sqm (2,002 – 2,013 sqft)

Please note that booking deposits will be accepted from the sales office, positioned to the front of the site. In order to reserve a property we will require the following;
    Booking deposit in the sum of €10,000 payable to Byrne Wallace Solicitors by cheque or bank draft
    Proof of finance to the full amount of the purchase price
    Contact details for your solicitor
    Grace Park Wood will also be on open view to the general public on Saturday 21st October and Sunday the 22nd May from 2pm – 4pm."

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

Anyone know how much for 3 bed end of terraced price?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

kceire wrote: »
    It depends on the parent Planning Application.
    Normally it would be exempted development, but in many new estates where density is already at the max, there will be a condition that de-exempts the exemptions.

It would appear that this development doesn't carry this condition, but you'd have to satisfy yourself that its ok, or engage someone to advise.

Plan Ref is 2991/15.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten to the bottom of this?? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fada70

490K for mid-terrace Ash - one available
    500K for mid-terrace Elm - a few available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Did the phase sell out? Were the other types available?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fada70

North half of the remaining planned houses released ...
    Think three 3-bed houses still remaining... as previously indicated...
    10K (barely 2%) above their price in May...
    Five show houses were open... Ash, Elm, Blackthorn and two 5-bed show houses.. Mood was very subdued. Mostly people who purchased in Phase One... measuring windows for blinds etc..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has gotten to the bottom of this?? Cheers

What info are you looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

kceire wrote: »
    What info are you looking for!

I'm weighing up the option to pay 35k for a 10m2 extension, which seems a bit pricey, to say the least.

But if it's the case that any external development is prohibited for a number of months/years then I might need to bite the bullet.

Did anyone come across any restrictions like this in their contracts?

Would be great to hear from anyone that went through the process in phase 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carey8123

For anyone who bought a house in Phase 1, have you received an update on completion recently?  I was told repeatedly it would be November.  Then in late September, I was told it would be November or December.  Since then I haven't been able to get an update.  Savills say they aren't getting details from the builder/developer.  It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect something a little more concrete at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Go direct to Castlethorn it’s a waste of time asking the estate agent anything. Ask for Kim.

Carey8123 wrote: »
    For anyone who bought a house in Phase 1, have you received an update on completion recently?  I was told repeatedly it would be November.  Then in late September, I was told it would be November or December.  Since then I haven't been able to get an update.  Savills say they aren't getting details from the builder/developer.  It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect something a little more concrete at this stage.

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    I'm weighing up the option to pay 35k for a 10m2 extension, which seems a bit pricey, to say the least.

But if it's the case that any external development is prohibited for a number of months/years then I might need to bite the bullet.

Did anyone come across any restrictions like this in their contracts?

Would be great to hear from anyone that went through the process in phase 1.

There will be nothing in the contract about this. its a Planning matter and once you move in you are entitled to enjoy the planning exemptions as set out in law or apply for planning if required.

35k for a 10 Sq. M extension is high. The only plus side I can see is that it gets done at the same time as the main house using materials as they are in the main house and your thermal envelope should be maintained. Your BER should reflect the extension as its been done from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick74

Have you had any luck with castlethorn yet?? or savills??

I believe there will be a bunch of Completion lodgements made to Dublin City Council in the next week or so.
    Probably a week or later before people can move in.

so - did anyone get their contracts returned in 21 days and have they confirmation from Castlethorn that "white goods" will be provided FOC?

So rang Savills yesterday for an update. I'm due to move in in February. They told me that they just had a meeting with Castlethorn and
    that I might be able to move in in January with snagging to take place before Christmas as they are ahead of schedule. Told me to ring back
    tomorrow so will update here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BCunn

AsianDub wrote: »
    So rang Savills yesterday for an update. I'm due to move in in February. They told me that they just had a meeting with Castlethorn and
    that I might be able to move in in January with snagging to take place before Christmas as they are ahead of schedule. Told me to ring back
    tomorrow so will update here.

That sounds very positive, I always had an impression that completion dates for the first batch would be behind schedule for whatever reason, hope that goes well for you.

To update. I rang on Friday but got no answer and left a voicemail. Awaiting reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aranidirlion

Hi, put a deposit down on an Elm from Phase 2 - very excited!

Has anyone received Phase 2 contracts from the vendor's solicitor yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jack_frost_09

Hi, put a deposit down on an Elm from Phase 2 - very excited!

Has anyone received Phase 2 contracts from the vendor's solicitor yet?

Hi, also put a deposit down and was starting to wonder if contracts had gotten lost in the post - glad to hear others have yet to receive theirs too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

I went to see these houses awhile back and expected a secluded type site of houses surrounded with old mature trees or a wood of some sort. What I saw was very disappointing, one or two depressing looking trees, and they can call it 'Grace Park Wood' and sell it as this. To me the houses are overpriced but then again what choice do people have. Car spaces seem to be very limited too and the 5 beds are on 3 floors, build them up so the speak.

Phase 1 contracts took 2 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carey8123

Hi.  I was contacted by Castlethorne today to advise that I can snag my property from Monday onwards.  Has anyone else already done this and if yes, what issues were identified?  Also did you hire someone to do the snagging?  There are some out of date Board's discussions on this but the websites I was most impressed by were <snip>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note: Recommendations by PM only please folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aranidirlion

Hi.  I was contacted by Castlethorne today to advise that I can snag my property from Monday onwards.  Has anyone else already done this and if yes, what issues were identified?  Also did you hire someone to do the snagging?  There are some out of date Board's discussions on this but the websites I was most impressed by were <snip>

How did the snagging go?

Some of you guys should be in within the next couple of weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

These. Estate agents are con men and chancers

What can we learn from this get it in writing

mkdon wrote: »
    These. Estate agents are con men and chancers

What can we learn from this get it in writing

With regards to what?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note: mkdon, stop the sweeping generalisations. It adds nothing to the discussion and its not accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

Anyone who purchased in phase 2 given an approximate completion date? Thanks.

Advertisement