Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace Park Wood Development, Drumcondra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aranidirlíon

darraghw wrote: »
    Anyone who purchased in phase 2 given an approximate completion date? Thanks.

I bought on Grace Park Close and May is the expected completion date for my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jack_frost_09

darraghw wrote: »
    Anyone who purchased in phase 2 given an approximate completion date? Thanks.
    I bought on Grace Park Close and May is the expected completion date for my house.

We bought on the Close as well and were told July expected completion. No contracts yet...

We bought on the Close as well and were told July expected completion. No contracts yet...

It would be nice if they issued the contracts in the next 2 weeks so we can have them signed before Christmas. Otherwise it will be well into January before we’ll have them signed, assuming solicitors take 2 weeks off for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick74

You'd better find a solicitor with nothing else to do! The contract pack is about 2 inches thick. Even with an efficient solicitor I reckon you'd be looking at 2 months, given some back and forth for clarifications.

mick74 wrote: »
    You'd better find a solicitor with nothing else to do! The contract pack is about 2 inches thick. Even with an efficient solicitor I reckon you'd be looking at 2 months, given some back and forth for clarifications.

Good point Mick!

• Advertisement

Anyone finish Phase 1 snagging yet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If not snagging by now, no chance of getting in before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carey8123

I had an engineer complete the snagging of my house this morning.  I hope to have the report early next week to share with the builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Is there a facebook or whatsapp group set up for residents by any chance?

Also wondering if there's been any interaction\correspondance between the management company and buyers in phase 1? (I bought in phase 2). Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

Anyone get a contract for phase 2 yet? Any indication as to when they need to be signed to obtain the kitchen inclusions etc?

• Advertisement

manniot2 wrote: »
    Anyone get a contract for phase 2 yet? Any indication as to when they need to be signed to obtain the kitchen inclusions etc?

Haven’t received mine yet either. At this stage, I hope they don’t issue until the new year.

As far as I understand, contracts need to be signed and full deposit paid within 28 days of contract issue to get the white goosds for free.

Our solicitor received ours yesterday. Not sure what will happen with the 28 days with xmas etc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jack_frost_09

Article in the IT today references our scheme and the perhaps unrealistic time frame for signing contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MilloMac

We bought phase 2, The Close. Savills said May for completion date. Got the contracts dated the 8th and need to be signed within 28 days. After that you have 21 days to pay the 10% to get the white goods package

oh you get 21 days after the 28 days has expired? I wasnt aware of this.

According to the booking deposit receipt we got from Savills you have 21 days from signing to pay the 10% etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LeahH

It's on signing of contracts rather then from, so 10% and contracts need to be signed 21 days from receipt of contracts.

If my solicitor received the contract on 11th Dec, my understanding based on what Millomac said is that we have 28 days to sign the contracts and then 21 days to pay the deposit (to get the goods). Is this incorrect LeahH?

This is what is written on my booking deposit receipt:
    A non-refundable deposit of the balance of 10% is required within 21 days on signing of contracts to avail of the free white goods package.
    I think LeahH is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LeahH

My understanding is deposit and signed at the same time I heard from someone else that they are allowing 28 days to cover Christmas, I haven't clarified this with savills as my contracts haven't been received yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Carey8123

Does anyone recall if in the show houses where the dryer was stacked on top of the washing machine, was there a shelf in between?  There is no shelf in between the two in my Ash house.  
    Also, the builders moved the location of the plugs in the master bedroom so there are no plugs on the dividing wall with the next house - I know for sure that is not how they were presented in the show house.  All the plugs in the three bedrooms are on internal walls.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Carey8123 wrote: »
    Does anyone recall if in the show houses where the dryer was stacked on top of the washing machine, was there a shelf in between?  There is no shelf in between the two in my Ash house.  
    Also, the builders moved the location of the plugs in the master bedroom so there are no plugs on the dividing wall with the next house - I know for sure that is not how they were presented in the show house.  All the plugs in the three bedrooms are on internal walls.

Maybe the plugs were moved to achieve a better air tightness result. These are timber frames so the less penetrations in the party wall the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Carey8123 wrote: »

NCyMxoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭sue97

Did anyone confirm if the attic in The Elm can be converted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sunshine_476

Has anyone got the dimensions of the living room of the Elm? Any ideas on where you would put the tv in that room for best use of space? All the doors seem to cut the room off.

Has anyone got the dimensions of the living room of the Elm? Any ideas on where you would put the tv in that room for best use of space? All the doors seem to cut the room off.

The show house had a nice layout, where the TV was on the party wall.

The website of the development has a 3D walk-through of the show house here.

Looking at the planning permission info. The living room is 4075cm (party wall) X 3800cm (wall with window). The wall opposite the party wall (beside hallway) would suit a 2.5 seater couch I'd say.

PS - see a PDF of The Elm plan attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sunshine_476

PS - see a PDF of The Elm plan attached.

Thanks aranidirlíon, that is really helpful. Yes I really think no bigger than 2.5 seater couchðŸ˜႒

Has anyone had any joy getting changes to the kitchen? Who is the kitchen supplier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Rob MH

How are people hoping to manage three parking spaces split between two houses in some instances? Reckon you'd fit four cars in regardless? When we asked we were told there'd probably be parking available elsewhere in the estate, though no guarantee of that.

Advertisement