Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Far Cry 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just thinking about it, this game is gonna cause an uproar. You read tonight about 8 people shot dead in Mississippi.
    Not sure if it's religious linked or just old us weirdos.

But either way, you're gonna have these mass killings and vigilantes in a game where some cult / religious sect has taken over and forcing people to abide by their laws.... right slap in the middle of good ol US of A.

I can see the media ..not games media, but BBC and FOX gettin hold of this and running ridiculous stories etc.

I'm predicting a LOT of negative and bad press about this game.
    It's gonna turn our kids into terrorists !! - said one user on Facebook (I feckin HATE when news sources...the likes of BBC quote random people on the internet. The lowest form of journalism)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Looks okay, from the little we've seen so far. Wish they'd just stuck with Christian nut-jobs instead of creating some cult. Truth is stranger, and sometimes more sinister, than fiction.

Lots of strange goings on in the real world involving cults. The likes of Jim Jones springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Never said otherwise. Besides, the People's Temple was a Christian cult.

Fair enough. Just as above, some people seem utterly disappointed that they don't get to shoot up some Christian fundies.

Ah, I see. Well, for the record, I'm not one of those "utterly disappointed" at all, let alone because of who the bad guys are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

wes wrote: »
    I reckon at the end the whole end times thing will turn out to be real. Would a great WTF moment for the player.
    Could have been a great WTF moment in Red State too but alas, we were denied.

Pity the antagonists look so young too, Michael Parks would have been a great voice for one of them. :o

gizmo wrote: »
    Could have been a great WTF moment in Red State too but alas, we were denied.

Pity the antagonists look so young too, Michael Parks would have been a great voice for one of them. :o

Yeah was thinking the exact same thing. Could have really elevated a decent horror to something more memorabel.
    Ah, I see. Well, for the record, I'm not one of those "utterly disappointed" at all, let alone because of who the bad guys are.

Gotcha. Sorry about that, didn't mean to come across as suggestive as to your leanings.

Ah no worries at all man - my post was pretty vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cancel Far Cry 5

The parody is strong with this one. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cancel Far Cry 5

LOL, What a dweeb!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Us Gamers have had to endure a lot of crap over the last few years. The targeted harassment by the mainstream press through Gamergate, the terrible launch and outright lies of highly anticpated video games, the outright censorship of art through “localization” policies, the continued rejection of romantic partners when they find out our hobby, the appropriation of our culture by so-called “gamers” on twitter. NO MORE!

Must be fake, right!? Either way it's fecking hilarious! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There’s no reason a protectonist nationalist movement would all be one race
    Their brutal physical and sexual violence towards their oppressors will then be explained as a reaction to harsh government policies and taxation, to show that both sides are wrong.
    Change the setting to Canada for America.
    We Americans have so few games to call our own, and we’re tired of losing them to multi-cultural bull****.

Gotta hand it to them, from a quick glance it almost seems real and the type of gibberish such people would spew, but it's genius :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SGSM

Never played Far Cry. Are the games just similar or is the gameplay poor. Thinking of starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cancel Far Cry 5

Surely its a piss take, but then I remember its Murica, and I imagine Fries face with " Not sure" in my head.

I love how they talk about bull**** censorship and they demand censorship of Far cry 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I love how they talk about bull**** censorship and they demand censorship of Far cry 5.

Honestly I imagine that Ubisoft want controversy more than anyone for the free publicity.
    It's not even that controversial to me if it wasn't set in the US it'd get zero discussion.
    I kinda hope that they do more to change up the formula of the series. The overall gameplay has been the same in 2 to 4 bar having Malaria & bad checkpoints in 2. The upgrade system, towers & crazy antagonist is likely going to feel familiar. I can see myself escaping his speech at the start of the game already. Maybe in co-op they will have a friend break you out???
    I'd love if the game added a nemesis system or BOTW climbing but that may be a few years away from being industry standard.
    I'm always going to wish they went the wild west route tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

SGSM wrote: »
    Never played Far Cry. Are the games just similar or is the gameplay poor. Thinking of starting.

3 and 4 are pretty much the same game and Primal looked like more of the same. They are fun, but it gets old after a while. I would happily recommend getting Far Cry 3 and giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I 'd second Far Cry 3 if only for the flamethrower and the marijuana fields song. Certainly preferred it to 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I 'd second Far Cry 3 if only for the flamethrower and the marijuana fields song. Certainly preferred it to 4.

That'd be the mission "Kicking the Hornets Nest" and the song is Bun Dem by Damien Bob Marley.

Plus, once you've cleared Far Cry 3, you get to play the stupendously amazing Blood Dragon, which makes me sad that they haven't brought out similar titles since. Like how awesome would it have been to be Rex travelling through time and showing up in Primal!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That'd be the mission "Kicking the Hornets Nest" and the song is Bun Dem by Damien Bob Marley.

And let's not forget Skrillex, I mean, he exists :P

Blood Dragon was amazing though and exactly what DLC should be these days imho

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And let's not forget Skrillex, I mean, he exists :P

I did indeed forget about him... Easily done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Loved 3 and 4 although 3 was my favourite on originality terms. 100% completed both which shows how much I loved them.

Skipped Primal and really looking forward to this.

On the music front, albeit brief, I did like the riff from The Clash at the start of 4, gave it a very nice start.

Really liked Pagan Min and loved Vaas and wasn't sold on Citra or Hoyt but they generally have great antagonists. They can do so much with Joseph Seed so I'm looking forward to seeing that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love three so much I recently brought it again when it was on sale for 7 euro in the xbox one store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love three so much I recently brought it again when it was on sale for 7 euro in the xbox one store.

Money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Preorder Bonus is;
    Doomsday Prepper Pack which includes the prepper outfit, gun and vehicle skins plus additional consumables.

Deluxe Edition includes:
    - The Big Game Hunter Pack
    - The Ace Pilot Pack
    - The Explosive Pack
    - The Chaos Pack
    - AR-C Assault Rifle & .44 Magnum Handgun with unique skins

Who knows what's in those packs. Such a shameless cash grab when the game is still 8 months away, albeit totally unsurprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CLASSIC UBISOFT! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Preorder Bonus is;
    Doomsday Prepper Pack which includes the prepper outfit, gun and vehicle skins plus additional consumables.

Deluxe Edition includes:
    - The Ace Pilot Pack
    - The Explosive Pack
    - The Chaos Pack

Who knows what's in those packs. Such a shameless cash grab when the game is still 8 months away, albeit totally unsurprising.

if its anything like previous ubisoft titles, its all just reskinned sh1te from the game itself. nothing that'll give you any tangible advantage anyway.

Preorder Bonus is;

Deluxe Edition includes:
    - The Ace Pilot Pack
    - The Explosive Pack
    - The Chaos Pack

Pre order secured , looking forward too using ar c assault rifle ......

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Delayed until March 27th

Delayed until March 27th

Ahhh feck sake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I cant tell if I'm looking forward to it or not. I first played a Far Cry 3 on the PC and really liked it. Wasnt a fan of 4 or Primal though.

Herself has pre-ordered this for me and only just found out its being delayed. :o

Advertisement