Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017 Local authority SEO competition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

"Dress as you normally would for work"

I'm a performer in a burlesque show...

You'll fit right in

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nebraska132

"Dress as you normally would for work"

I'm a performer in a burlesque show...

i would say the SEO is a demotion but each to their own:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Are you allowed to bring in a calculator and pen & paper for the numerical test? I can see no mention of this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Are you allowed to bring in a calculator and pen & paper for the numerical test? I can see no mention of this.

Would you have time to use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MurfballEng

Tabnabs wrote: »

If you read the information sent it says that nothing is allowed in the room with the tests and as such they will provide anything that is needed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

godtabh wrote: »
    Would you have time to use them?

Several times in the first run. If you want the high score you gotta give the grey matter a hand. :P

Done and dusted. Best of luck to everyone and we'll know the results come mid October.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

Just wondering Tabnabs.
    Is the content of the cut-e the same as the first unsupervised test you had.
    I'm assuming and hoping they will be measuring like for like.

If not the same, then very, very similar. All very professionally run and everything runs like clockwork too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Did the test this morning. Managed to answer 40 out of 49 in the Verbal section in the 12 minutes. Surprisingly I finished the Maths section with time to spare. I think I must be getting better at these tests considering the amount I have done in the last two years :):):)

• Advertisement

They have said results will be out in October - does anyone know if you are successful how long after that would they hold interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

They have said results will be out in October - does anyone know if you are successful how long after that would they hold interviews?

My AP interview was 2 weeks after the date the supervised test results were released. I presume this'll be similar but it depends on how much of a priority they are for PAS.

ok thanks for that - suppose i am presuming that I scored ok and will make interview stage ha!
    I have holiday booked for early november.....

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Decinho

I'm away for first 3 weeks of November so am wondering whether there's any point in going to this test sitting at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 monreaghlad

I have my supervised test on Wednesday and I was wondering if the information on the tabs were the same with different questions or is it completely different information.

Any one know when the results are due?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Mid October I believe

Mid October I believe

such a long process!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Endurance Test more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Will there be white smoke tomorrow? Mid October.....

• Advertisement

Will there be white smoke tomorrow? Mid October.....

I bloody hope so. Its taking ages. I did Stage 2 of the HEO on Monday and the results for that will be out in 3 weeks. Dont know what is taking so long with the SEO.

I dont understand why it is taking so long

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bouncybouncy

Does anyone know if they will be shortlisting those who passed stage 2 based on the application form or will they be interviewing in the order of merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kigera

godtabh wrote: »
    I dont understand why it is taking so long

Maybe its because they actually have to make 5 panels from everyone who has sitted the tests e.g. Panel 1: Senior Executive Officer, Panel 2: Senior Planner, Panel 3: Senior Executive Planner, Panel 4: Senior Engineer and Panel 5: Senior Executive Engineer). I cant recall if we had to state orginally which of the 5 positions we were applying for.

Kigera wrote: »
    Maybe its because they actually have to make 5 panels from everyone who has sitted the tests e.g. Panel 1: Senior Executive Officer, Panel 2: Senior Planner, Panel 3: Senior Executive Planner, Panel 4: Senior Engineer and Panel 5: Senior Executive Engineer). I cant recall if we had to state orginally which of the 5 positions we were applying for.
    The application I did was for senior executive egineer only. Each was a separate competition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Results are out for SEP.

Nothing yet for SEE

Nothing for SEO either.

Is it just results? Anything else

• Advertisement

I am f***ing beyond pissed off. I got my results.

In stage 1 I got the following

Numerical 5258
    Verbal 7316

In stage 2 I got the following
    Numerical 7792
    Verbal 4684.

Because my Verbal score is different they are disqualifying me from the competition. Does anybody know if I have ANY comeback on this?

Advertisement