Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017 Local authority SEO competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

godtabh wrote: »
    Is it just results? Anything else

Order of merit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I got placed, 500s for SEO. Back to the waiting game again to see if I make it through to the next stage. Any idea on how many are likely to be called for stage 3?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I got placed, 500s for SEO. Back to the waiting game again to see if I make it through to the next stage. Any idea on how many are likely to be called for stage 3?

So 500 people a head of you?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

godtabh wrote: »
    So 500 people a head of you?

500 people who achieved a higher test score. But how many get to stage 3 is what I am wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

there is an appeal process but I dont know the ins and outs of it. I would suggest you contact PAS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 John_Fox_21

It just states the order of merit on my email. It does not say that my order of merit is specific to SEO . Perhaps that is 500th out of all the people who sat the tests for all 5 panels?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm out. good luck to every one.

A friend of mine dropped out due to a fall in marks in the Verbal, but yet he still passed the bloody tests.
    Seems ridiculous, I wonder if there will be 2 parallel panels like the last time and how does the appeal process work.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

in the 300's myself - email is titled SEO so I imagine it doesn't include the others planners/engineers

but if you remove applicants with different regions to your own selected, that would shuffle you up the list for your selected region significantly/possibly???

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

In the 300s as well for SEO - does anyone know if they will set up regional panels - the process seems very slow compared to AP/PO/HEO comps that have recently been held

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

A friend of mine dropped out due to a fall in marks in the Verbal, but yet he still passed the bloody tests.
    Seems ridiculous, I wonder if there will be 2 parallel panels like the last time and how does the appeal process work.

Its bloody stupid. I got almost full marks in the Numerical and Management Scenario but because of some archaic rule about women not been as good as maths as men the maths result isnt counted. I have sent them an email. Im not letting it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

In the 300s as well for SEO - does anyone know if they will set up regional panels - the process seems very slow compared to AP/PO/HEO comps that have recently been held

You would have ticked a box for what regions you wanted when you applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

gazzer wrote: »
    I am f***ing beyond pissed off. I got my results.

In stage 1 I got the following

Numerical 5258
    Verbal 7316

In stage 2 I got the following
    Numerical 7792
    Verbal 4684.

Because my Verbal score is different they are disqualifying me from the competition. Does anybody know if I have ANY comeback on this?

Yes, you do. I know people who complained about being excluded and were readmitted.

I know people who complained about being excluded, weren't readmitted, threatened legal action, and were readmitted.

You passed the qualifying mark both times so definitely worth pursuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Just outside top 100 on SEO. Pleased with that. Not sure if I'll go ahead to interview stage if I get called. I'm on the AP panel and should be called in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

I'm in mid 300s. No idea what that might mean but will wait and see, no expectations of this going fast at any stage! What's killing me is the application I put in, with 6 more months experience behind me I'd love to update it before they go over it.

gazzer wrote: »
    Its bloody stupid. I got almost full marks in the Numerical and Management Scenario but because of some archaic rule about women not been as good as maths as men the maths result isnt counted. I have sent them an email. Im not letting it go.

I'm the same missed the verbal by 100 points. Got over 80% in the other two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Yes, you do. I know people who complained about being excluded and were readmitted.

I know people who complained about being excluded, weren't readmitted, threatened legal action, and were readmitted.

You passed the qualifying mark both times so definitely worth pursuing.

Thanks for that info. I will wait and see what they come back to me with and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nebraska132

Just outside top 100 on SEO. Pleased with that. Not sure if I'll go ahead to interview stage if I get called. I'm on the AP panel and should be called in the next few weeks.

what kind of scoring gets you around the 100 mark? if you don't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 24 4Leinster

Not sure but I got
    MS 5069
    VR 6828
    NR 6610

and just got inside top 150

4Leinster wrote: »
    Not sure but I got
    MS 5069
    VR 6828
    NR 6610

and just got inside top 150

well done good scores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Got mid 200's on the Senior Exec Engineer so happy with that, but has anyone any idea what happens next with the shortlisting - I assume regional panels based on preference? If this is the case, would we get revised positions?

would anyone know how many SEO are in the Local Authorities presently?

Got mid 200's on the Senior Exec Engineer so happy with that, but has anyone any idea what happens next with the shortlisting - I assume regional panels based on preference? If this is the case, would we get revised positions?

I don't think you had to give preferences, I ticked every region.
    With a bit of luck you could have 4 interviews and hopefully 3 before the region you want.

would anyone know how many SEO are in the Local Authorities presently?

Nothing but SEO's at present.

I don't think you had to give preferences, I ticked every region.

Just checked the on-line form and were supposed to list your preference in numerical order!
    With a bit of luck you could have 4 interviews and hopefully 3 before the region you want.

That's a lot of annual leave eaten up!!!! (Although a great plan and secretly I really regret not doing this! :()

Just checked the on-line form and were supposed to list your preference in numerical order!

That's a lot of annual leave eaten up!!!! (Although a great plan and secretly I really regret not doing this! :()

You're entitled to interview leave if it's a promotion. I met someone going for SEO a few years ago and he had 8 days out.

You're entitled to interview leave if it's a promotion. I met someone going for SEO a few years ago and he had 8 days out.

That's unreal! Does this include interviewing for other local authorities?

That's unreal! Does this include interviewing for other local authorities?

Sure does.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

MS 5419
    VR 6828
    NR 7877

My verbal and numerical are usually the opposite way around but I knew in the day of the tests I was still half asleep doing the verbal and my brain just switched on for the numerical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Mid 300s in SEO competition.

The word filtering out of PAS is that they will work on Senior Engineer competition Stage 3 next. SEO competition will not be progressed until the New Year. However, knowing PAS that could change.

664 candidates for SEO made the cut nationally.

Advertisement