Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Racing Syndicate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭zimmermania

MANOLITH is the mount of Danny Tudhope in the 1.45 RIPON,Omeara also runs recent winner Rodnee Tee in the race at a much shorter fcast price but we think MANOLITH will run a good race and we are backing it ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Wowzer!
    Won at 16s. What did you guys get him at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Unreal! Congrats Zimmer!

Thanks guys.We got a bit of a touch and he will lmprove and hopefully win again having beaten 2 winners today and we getting 20s !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Thanks guys.We got a bit of a touch and he will lmprove and hope fully win again having beaten 2 winners today and we getting 20s !!!

Well done Zimmer, didn't see this thread until now and had covered your Gosden ones ouch....

• Advertisement

We have an entry for MANOLITH on saturday at Thirsk and we might just take that option if it seems like a handy race.

No fancy price this time but another win would add value to the colt and if it turns out to be a weak contest we may run before stepping up a grade. I will be out of the country from thursday but will try to post when i know the story.

Manolith would appear to have only a couple to beat in the first at Thirsk. A horse who was 7th behind him came out and won today so he is worth a good bet and is doing his very best.

Wel got our 3rd horse at the sales this Friday. A lovely half brother to Prince Elzaam who I hope will do well.So now we have 3 running for our small syndicate and hoping to do as well as last year.

Manolith has an entry in Doncaster on saturday and Rodnee Tee who was 2nd behind Manolith was beaten a nose today when conceding 12 lbs to the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Manolith has an entry in Doncaster on saturday .
    Tudhope back on board or going with Nolan again?

• Advertisement

Tudhope back on board or going with Nolan again?
    The horse is entered on sat,will only run if it has a realistic chance.

Danny is much in demand these days for outside yards as well as Hemsley and the yard has a large number entered at Thirsk as well as Lord Glitters in a group 1 at Newbury so it is too early to say,however as Manolith is entered in the 6 oc and we would hope Danny will go there.

Manolith not going sat.Entry for Monday will let you know the story when I know.

MANOLITH runs in the 7.45 Leicster,two year olds can improve after a run and there are a few that may improve and make life difficult for our fellow with his penalty.

However he is fit and doing his best and is the most experienced in the field,it is impossible to know how good some of the others are so i believe the best approach is to let Manolith drift a little more and then have an ew punt. I will probably have a saver on Royal Lightning who is an 8/1 shot and a decent ew bet on Manolith.

I hope he will prove hard to pass when he gets his head in front as the form of his win is working out ok.I am not trying to put anyone off backing him but just trying to see things in an objective way.

I forgot to mention the filly that beat Manolith last time goes in the 2 oc Redcar with a favourites chence and I put a few quid on that.Insania.

Manolith given a rating of 77 a couple of lbs higher than I hoped for.Will run in a nursery in Haydock or York in a couple of weeks.

A 15 grand nursery on july 12th looks like being the target for MANOLITH.

A 15 grand nursery on july 12th looks like being the target for MANOLITH.

MANOLITH runs in the 4.20 at York on friday in the Nursery,worth almost £10,000 to the winner.

I think Manolith may find a couple too good today so I backed him without the fav and Shammah at 3 to 1 and a small ew bet.Only hopeful today.

I think Manolith may find a couple too good today so I backed him without the fav and Shammah at 3 to 1 and a small ew bet.Only hopeful today.

Missed the break and Tudhope steadied the horse stone last ten lengths or so off the leader,shook him up 2 out and the horse flew home to take 3rd in the final hundred yards.Still in the big Super Sprint worth a fortune in Newbury saturday week and we will probably let him take his chance there.

Missed the break and Tudhope steadied the horse stone last ten lengths or so off the leader,shook him up 2 out and the horse flew home to take 3rd in the final hundred yards.Still in the big Super Sprint worth a fortune in Newbury saturday week and we will probably let him take his chance there.
    Manolith made the cut for NEWBURY saturday,prize money£250,000 with £155,000 for the winner.

Richard Fahey seems to hold all the aces but if we are not in etc so we will give it a go and hope for the best.
    Tudhope is riding at two meetings so not available so we are thinking of Jason Watson,plans will be finalised over the next couple of days YTB had a nice winner today when OLLIVANDER won for the 3rd time this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Good luck with it. On ratings he will struggle as the weights are framed around the purchase price for that race from memory but some achievement to even get a runner good enough to compete in such a race, you never know he might improve and give them a rattle. Will cheer him on for you. Are you traveling over for it. Watson is a great jockey to get

BumperD wrote: »
    Good luck with it. On ratings he will struggle as the weights are framed around the purchase price for that race from memory but some achievement to even get a runner good enough to compete in such a race, you never know he might improve and give them a rattle. Will cheer him on for you. Are you traveling over for it. Watson is a great jockey to get

Thank you,i agree he has an almost impossible task on paper with a few in the race that ran well at Ascot,but as entry was made (and paid for)some time ago we have little to lose and last weeks run should have sharpened him up.

If he runs reasonably well we will be happy and he can win again in his own grade later on.Ascot sometimes takes a lot out of 2 year olds and Fahey's two may not run to form.

Whatever happens we will enjoy ourselves and hopefully get word for a winner or two, i like Couer De Lion in the good 2 mile handicap at 2.25 and will back it ew even though King also has Who Dares Wins in the race but he may be better over further.

I am going over on sat morning as i may never again have an interest in one in a £250,000 race and hope to have the craic on sat night in Newmarket.We have a late flight home on sun we will not be in any hurry to bed.

No joy,the ground went against us but the horse really was not good enough,jockey said he did not like the ground and will go much better on good ground.

We all had a great day,Weatherbys (sponsors) were unreal,we had a free bar all day,our own table,excellent food all day in our box looking out on the racecourse about 50 yards before the finishing ling.

They accomodated 12 of us without a bother and we got badges with the name of our horse and our colours as a souvenir.

It would have been great had the horse finished a bit closer but thats racing and all going well Manolith will run in a class 4 in Chester next saturday.

MANOLITH is in the 5.10 at Carlisle tuesday,the heavy ground is not exactly what we wanted but if he runs it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

He would have a decent chance on known form (leaving the ground out of it) and i will give an update when i know a bit more.

We are not sure if MANOLITH will handle the ground but he is going to take his chance.The fact that its heavy may mean he will get through it better than he did at Newbury when the ground was sticky.

I backed MANOLITH but invested less than i would if the ground was better,i am hopeful of a good run but would have been confident on good ground.

We are not sure if MANOLITH will handle the ground but he is going to take his chance.The fact that its heavy may mean he will get through it better than he did at Newbury when the ground was sticky.

I backed MANOLITH but invested less than i would if the ground was better,i am hopeful of a good run but would have been confident on good ground.

That will be his last run on soft.

Manolith runs in the 5.50 at Lingfield tomorrow (turf) in a race where the 5 runners seem much of a muchness and normally i would not be likely to have a bet.
    In our favour is the fact that Manolith should be suited by the GF ground.If back to to his earlier form he would probably win and if we can put a couple of poor runs down to the soft ground we might get a result.

i will update tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

thanks Zimmer , keep the info coming

MANOLITH is in good form and there is some surprise at his price,it seems a bit too big.His two poor runs on soft ground are probably responsible for the price and it is getting bigger as i write.

His York run and his winning form would entitle him to go well today. i have backed him ew and will have more on when i hear from the track.I do not wish to see anyone lose money on the horse but i believe if one ignores his two poor runs on bad ground there is sufficient evidence to think he can win and is good value at the price (around 10s) and am hopeful of a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

cheers

Advertisement