Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aughamore in Clane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mak1403

conf101 wrote: »
    That's super helpful. Thanks DwightKSchrute. Will try make it into Power City ourselves pretty soon and hopefully do the same as you did.

Just make sure you follow up with the kitchen guys. They say yes yes and then not all work is done.

They’re good lads but taking into consideration the amount of houses they have to fit there’s always going to be mistakes.

We all want perfect houses ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Has anyone else gotten rid of the little dresser in the master bedroom and added more wardrobe space? Just wondering how much you were quoted for this? Feel free to PM if you don't want to say on here

Has anyone else gotten rid of the little dresser in the master bedroom and added more wardrobe space? Just wondering how much you were quoted for this? Feel free to PM if you don't want to say on here

We got it done. I attached a picture of it.
    Worth getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Has anybody from 40-51 has any success with virgin or EIR or any other supplier with regards to getting a service established?

Virgin tell me the lines aren't in place...

Thanks

Here we go wrote: »
    Has anybody from 40-51 has any success with virgin or EIR or any other supplier with regards to getting a service established?

Virgin tell me the lines aren't in place...

Thanks

Been on to them for the last 2 months trying to get connected. Waiting for call back from their manager.

• Advertisement

Can anyone pm a recommendation for a good snagger?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭daithilfc

Can anyone pm a recommendation for a good snagger?

We got John from Snag List Dublin to do ours. Was initially thinking of doing it myself but well worth getting in someone who knows what they are looking for and what should or should not be accepted.

Sent me out the list and I went over it in the house, added a couple more which I wanted to be sorted and he updated it before sending it on for us.

mak1403 wrote: »
    Just make sure you follow up with the kitchen guys. They say yes yes and then not all work is done.

They’re good lads but taking into consideration the amount of houses they have to fit there’s always going to be mistakes.

We all want perfect houses ☺️

Definitely worthwhile checking up and making sure things are being done right, same lads do the kitchen as the wardrobes and there was a good few things now done right the first time around.

With the demand for houses to get done, they are moving on from one house to the next and not everything gets done so you have to chase it up.

I know a neighbour got a double oven but they kitchen lads claimed to have not been told so didn't have the right dividers. Ended up going on the snag list.

daithilfc wrote: »
    We got John from Snag List Dublin to do ours. Was initially thinking of doing it myself but well worth getting in someone who knows what they are looking for and what should or should not be accepted.

Sent me out the list and I went over it in the house, added a couple more which I wanted to be sorted and he updated it before sending it on for us.

Thanks Daithi. Will check those guys out

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wickedelphie66

Hi guys, I’m wondering if anybody is in a 3 bed yet? We’ve looked at the 4 beds but would really love to see some pics of a 3 bed because as far as I’m aware the utility room is separate to the bathroom. Spoke to Gero and he said they may have a 3 bed showhouse in the next few weeks. In the meantime would anyone have any 3 bed pics? Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 DwightKSchrute

Hi guys, I’m wondering if anybody is in a 3 bed yet? We’ve looked at the 4 beds but would really love to see some pics of a 3 bed because as far as I’m aware the utility room is separate to the bathroom. Spoke to Gero and he said they may have a 3 bed showhouse in the next few weeks. In the meantime would anyone have any 3 bed pics? Thanks a mil.

Hi! I think you're talking about the 'Yew' model? That's the style with a separate utility room. None of those have been completed yet (as far as I'm aware). We were up at the site at the weekend and the barriers were still up before you can reach the Yews. There are only a handful of them up and they are still being worked on so I don't imagine any will be occupied for a while. The showhouse would be the best bet for pictures and hopefully that will be ready soon enough.

We have a 4 bed and moved the utilities into the area under the stairs side by side instead of stacked in the bathroom (as in the show house). They had no problem accommodating this request, for a small extra cost.

Worth looking into!

I can pm you pictures if it helps?

We have a 4 bed and moved the utilities into the area under the stairs side by side instead of stacked in the bathroom (as in the show house). They had no problem accommodating this request, for a small extra cost.

Worth looking into!

That would be fantastic, I would love to see the photos if you don’t mind?

That would be fantastic, I would love to see the photos if you don’t mind?

Does anyone happen to have measurements for Windows downstairs or in bedrooms? Just looking at curtains. Thanks

Hi guys,

We’ve just put a deposit on a 4 bed in this development (thanks to Here We Go for the fab utility room idea). I’m wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the kitchen and tile suppliers for the development? Also, did anyone make any changes to the kitchen design?

Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Charlesmarls

Worth looking into!

Hi there "here we go" would love to see some pictures of that if you didnt mind? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dave Har

Hi guys my wife and I are putting a deposit down this week on a 4 bed. I spoke to Gero and he said the developers are planning 2 apartment complex’s near where the site office is located. On initial viewing last September we thought this area was put aside for leisure amenities, sports fields. Does anyone known where we can view the plans for these apartments?.

Dave Har wrote: »
    Hi guys my wife and I are putting a deposit down this week on a 4 bed. I spoke to Gero and he said the developers are planning 2 apartment complex’s near where the site office is located. On initial viewing last September we thought this area was put aside for leisure amenities, sports fields. Does anyone known where we can view the plans for these apartments?.

You can see them on the plans for this development. They will be located on the right as you are coming in. Opposite the detached houses.

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=17507

Further details can be found on the application related to those apartments (and earlier application)
    http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=05576

This could be subject to change as there have already been changes to these plans regarding the houses so it will depend on how long the application is granted for and whether changes are required.

I can see these being probably one of the last parts of the development once all the houses are built and possibly before the other amenities are built.

Worth keeping an eye out a the gate to see if any new planning application goes in.

Hi guys,

We’ve just put a deposit on a 4 bed in this development (thanks to Here We Go for the fab utility room idea). I’m wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the kitchen and tile suppliers for the development? Also, did anyone make any changes to the kitchen design?

Thanks a mil.

The Kitchen and Wardrobes were being fitted by an independent fitter called Maurice. I don't have the number to hand but I do remember they weren't great with changes. If you want to make a lot of changes it might be worth your while taking the allowance for these and having a look around for your own kitchen.
    The letting agent or whoever your site contact should have the contact for Maurice if he is still being used.

Tiles supplied by https://www.nationwidetiles.ie/. Very easy to deal with, they have all the details of the development and dimensions (or will send someone out to measure if its a different layout) and they know the allowance. However if you are planning on expanding the standard tile coverage you will have to work out a price with the tiler too. Again the letting agent should have all the latest contractor's numbers.

I know as the site progressed they took on more contractors so I am not sure if they are all the same now its about 10 months since I was at that stage.

Hi guys,

Thanks a mil.

It's still Maurice. Gero will give you a list of all trades for extras/substitutions. Maurice changed all my wardrobes without issues(once I paid the extras and gave him lots of time for the changes).

Ive numbers for them all of you need it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dave Har

Worth looking into!

Hi would it be possible to send me some pictures of how you have change the utilities as we are not a fan of the planned position for them in the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chrisipoo8

Hi all. Just put a deposit on the 4 bedroom Willow in Aughamore Clane.

Was wondering have people been able to connect to typical broadband suppliers (virgin, sky etc)?

Also currently pricing necessities such as carpets and blinds. If anyone has any recommendations for places that they found cheap, I would be grateful.

Also we are a couple in our early 30s who enjoy going for food and a few quiet drinks. How have any newcomers to Clane found the social atmosphere?

Thanks in advance!!

chrisipoo8 wrote: »

Was wondering have people been able to connect to typical broadband suppliers (virgin, sky etc)?

Also currently pricing necessities such as carpets and blinds. If anyone has any recommendations for places that they found cheap, I would be grateful.

Also we are a couple in our early 30s who enjoy going for food and a few quiet drinks. How have any newcomers to Clane found the social atmosphere?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey... Congratulations on putting your deposit down and welcome to the estate. Hopefully you will be in your new house before you know it.

All the houses are wired for virgin media and should be active when you move in. You would then be able order your broadband and TV straight off the website.. However I know from previous posts that the houses further up the estate have been waiting a little longer for this but hopefully that is sorted now.

Sky is available too and installation can be booked directly. All houses are wired up with one coaxial cable to each room and 3 going to the attic spaces. They all return back to the Hotpress. This means that they should be able hook the dish up to the ones in the attic and then join to which ever cable leads back to your sitting room. It's simple enough but depending on the sky installer you get I have heard some having problems with cables not bring labelled.

Hamptons in tallaght have great deals on all flooring and are easy to deal with. Tc Matthews are also great but a little dearer.

For Blinds id recommend Dunariblinds.ie great value and quality for blinds shutters and curtains.

We are also a couple in our 30`s and still scoping out the village. Jaz Manzors is a lovely pub, especially for the football. Couple of nice restaurants including the Indian and the hotel. And then for lunch or breakfast the anteaque tea rooms is amazing.

Hope that helps a little and sure if you need any more advice or help let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chrisipoo8

daithilfc wrote: »
    Hey... Congratulations on putting your deposit down and welcome to the estate. Hopefully you will be in your new house before you know it.

All the houses are wired for virgin media and should be active when you move in. You would then be able order your broadband and TV straight off the website.. However I know from previous posts that the houses further up the estate have been waiting a little longer for this but hopefully that is sorted now.

Sky is available too and installation can be booked directly. All houses are wired up with one coaxial cable to each room and 3 going to the attic spaces. They all return back to the Hotpress. This means that they should be able hook the dish up to the ones in the attic and then join to which ever cable leads back to your sitting room. It's simple enough but depending on the sky installer you get I have heard some having problems with cables not bring labelled.

Hamptons in tallaght have great deals on all flooring and are easy to deal with. Tc Matthews are also great but a little dearer.

For Blinds id recommend Dunariblinds.ie great value and quality for blinds shutters and curtains.

We are also a couple in our 30`s and still scoping out the village. Jaz Manzors is a lovely pub, especially for the football. Couple of nice restaurants including the Indian and the hotel. And then for lunch or breakfast the anteaque tea rooms is amazing.

Hope that helps a little and sure if you need any more advice or help let me know.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I had read in previous posts that people were having difficulty with wifi so delighted that we can continue with virgin.

If you don't mind me asking, did you also buy a 4 bed Willow? I'm dreading the blind quotes as there are so many large windows. I just went into Dunariblinds. Did they come out and measure your Windows etc?

I have heard great things about Jaz Manzors so that will definitely be visited when we move up. It'll be nice to have a good local for a few drinks.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I had read in previous posts that people were having difficulty with wifi so delighted that we can continue with virgin.

If you don't mind me asking, did you also buy a 4 bed Willow? I'm dreading the blind quotes as there are so many large windows. I just went into Dunariblinds. Did they come out and measure your Windows etc?

I have heard great things about Jaz Manzors so that will definitely be visited when we move up. It'll be nice to have a good local for a few drinks.

No problem at all, any help or advise I can give id be happy to. I remember going into this and trying to find out things as I go. Wish I had discovered this thread a little earlier :o

I was delighted when i came to view the house and saw they were set up for Virgin media. At least then you have the complete choice of what you want to go with. We ended up going Virgin for broadband and Sky for TV. Using one of the mini boxes in the master bedroom too

No problem at all, We bought a 4 bed Willow as well. Depending on the blinds you go for they can bit a little pricey with such large windows. I know a couple of people went with roller blinds on the back of the house to keep down the cost so then you only really need to worry about the front windows and the cost. Venetian blinds are probably the best all-around value while giving a nice finish and privacy. (So you can actually relax in your front rooms :D

As Dunariblinds did our house they should have the measurements for all of the windows, if needs be they can come out to the house to measure up. They also have a showroom in Navan if it is handy for you to pop in and see the complete range. We got a few things in Navan furniture wise so it was handy to have a "day out" there ;)

Looking forward to getting back down to Jaz's again soon after a quiet January. Its not that bad of a walk down either... 15-20 minutes you will be in the village and they do plan on opening up a walk way into esmonde avenue (beside us) so that will cut the time down even more.

When are you due to be in?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey. Congrats on putting down the deposit! It's a busy time, but an exciting one too.

On the flooring, I see you've gotten suggestions already above, but just to add we're getting all our flooring done by Kildare Carpets and Flooring. They're based in Celbridge and we've found them good value. They've already done a few houses in the estate.

Ours isn't down yet, only going down next week, so I can't comment on the quality of the job yet but I've seen some of their other work and it's all top notch. They're very easy to deal with too and really helpful.

We haven't looked at curtains/blinds yet so can't help there I'm afraid. I reckon we'll only get around to it when we actually move in.

On a minor side note regarding the flooring, make sure whoever you get to do the flooring put the skirting boards back on and if even possible caulk them too.. it will save a lot of hassle for you after. I have seen a couple where this wasnt done and it adds a lot of extra work or expense.

The painters will come back and caulk and paint them for you but at a cost of €50 a room so can mount up quickly.

Thanks in advance!!

We have virgin also.

Id second kildare carpets in Celbridge, Paul and his team are excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Charlesmarls

Hi there,

Just to clarify with Kildare carpets, was it this one;

kildarecarpets.com

or this one? kildarecarpetsandflooring.com

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Just to clarify with Kildare carpets, was it this one;

kildarecarpets.com

or this one? kildarecarpetsandflooring.com

thanks

In my case, the second one. They're based on the main street in Celbridge. Their website looks pretty neglected, but they're pretty quick at responding on Facebook. And if you scroll through their FB you'll see photos of a recent job they did in Aughamore too.

Advertisement