Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aughamore in Clane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Hi there,

Just to clarify with Kildare carpets, was it this one;

kildarecarpets.com

or this one? kildarecarpetsandflooring.com

thanks

The one on the Main Street in Celbridge. They have an excellent Facebook page. And will respond to messages very quickly- their phone number is on there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Does anyone happen to have any window measurements for curtains/blinds? Haven't had a chance to go down recently and measure myself and would like to start looking this week if possible. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Charlesmarls

Hi there,

Please see below rough but fairly accurate measurements :)

Blinds/Windows
    1. Bedroom 1 – 5.2 X 6.1 foot
    2. Bedroom 2 – 5 X 4 foot
    3. Bedroom 3 – 5 X 4 foot
    4. Main Bathroom (1st floor) 3 X 4 foot
    5. Master – 4.10 X 3.1 foot
    6. Landing (1) – 2.6 X 3.1 foot
    7. Landing (2) – 2.6 X 3.1 foot
    8. Kitchen Window – 6.6 X 4.3 foot
    9. Dining Door – 5.6 X 7.10 or (Double Doors Width) 1. 10 – 6.8 foot (height of 2 doors)
    10. Sitting Room – 6.7 X 7 foot

Hope that helps!

Thanks Charlsmarls. Appreciate the quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wickedelphie66

Here we go wrote: »
    It's still Maurice. Gero will give you a list of all trades for extras/substitutions. Maurice changed all my wardrobes without issues(once I paid the extras and gave him lots of time for the changes).

Ive numbers for them all of you need it!

Do you know if Maurice has a kitchen showroom, or does he just do made to order pieces?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭daithilfc

Do you know if Maurice has a kitchen showroom, or does he just do made to order pieces?

He doesn't have a showroom. From what I was told he works out of a workshop and then orders the doors into suit.

You get two choices as standard, the grey which is in the showroom and the cream.

Any other options you'd need to discuss with him. If there is a lot of changes you would like to make it might be worth looking into the possibility of using another kitchen supplier and working it with the builders. He didnt come across too keen to make many adjustments to the standard.

daithilfc wrote: »
    He doesn't have a showroom. From what I was told he works out of a workshop and then orders the doors into suit.

You get two choices as standard, the grey which is in the showroom and the cream.

Any other options you'd need to discuss with him. If there is a lot of changes you would like to make it might be worth looking into the possibility of using another kitchen supplier and working it with the builders. He didnt come across too keen to make many adjustments to the standard.

Thanks for that. We actually want to get a large island with seating made instead of a dining table so you might be right about going to a different kitchen supplier.

Thanks for that. We actually want to get a large island with seating made instead of a dining table so you might be right about going to a different kitchen supplier.

There is no harm in contacting him and getting a price just for comparison at least. If I was doing it again I would have probably shopped around for a kitchen instead of going with the standard as I wasn't thrilled with the finishes and work.

There is a different lad who looks after the counter tops so you would need a price from both.

If you did go with a different kitchen supplied it would be good to look into different wardrobes too as they are both done by the same crowd as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DwightKSchrute

I second this. We didn’t exactly have smooth sailing trying to get our kitchen sorted. We had one big request which we accepted would take quite a bit of time to arrange but even the small changes (e.g having a drawer instead of a standard press door) required far too many conversations & phone calls. Hindsight is a great thing.

I second this. We didn’t exactly have smooth sailing trying to get our kitchen sorted. We had one big request which we accepted would take quite a bit of time to arrange but even the small changes (e.g having a drawer instead of a standard press door) required far too many conversations & phone calls. Hindsight is a great thing.

Thanks for all the great tips. Buying a new house really is a minefield!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the great tips. Buying a new house really is a minefield!!

You aren't wrong and there is always something you woodlands do differently in hindsight. I managed to get some tips from a friend who bought in Esmonde Avenue too which helped a lot but even still there are a couple things I would have changed if I was do it again.

Main thing will be not to sign off before all snags are fixed to your liking. It's a lot harder to get them back after your sign over. They are still there and will come back for the major things, it's just the little things that get put off.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or even PM me. Happy to help if I can

No showroom. He told us to
    Visit a place just off Naas road, its close to JFK industrial estate, I think that's where he gets his supplies from.

I didn't change much in my kitchen(except drawers instead of doors, and put in double oven etc), but changed all wardrobes(colour, style, and internal layouts), I emailed him detailed descriptions and picked what I wanted from brochures in the place he sent us!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DwightKSchrute

No showroom. He told us to
    Visit a place just off Naas road, its close to JFK industrial estate, I think that's where he gets his supplies from.

I didn't change much in my kitchen(except drawers instead of doors, and put in double oven etc), but changed all wardrobes(colour, style, and internal layouts), I emailed him detailed descriptions and picked what I wanted from brochures in the place he sent us!

We were the opposite, minor changes with the wardrobes but lots of changes with the kitchen. I also sent on a document complete with pictures from both the show house and the show room, with a very detailed breakdown of our requirements. After discussing our customisations with the kitchen team I emailed an updated version of the document to reflect the changes we had discussed and agreed upon. We then got a quote for the extra work and agreed on the costs. However, fast forward several weeks and we found ourselves having to go over almost everything again as though it was the first time we had spoken. Very frustrating.

It took several months to see any real progress in the kitchen but once they started it properly, it was completed in less than a week. We'll be snagging this week so I can't comment on the finished version just yet. Friends of ours live in Esmonde Avenue and had a much better experience with the kitchen team in terms of communication and timelines. They too had a number of significant changes. Their review was the main reason we decided to use the standard kitchen providers. Conversely, we seem to have had a better experience with the electrician than they did.

I understand that the current volume of houses being built in both Clane and Naas means that things might not be done as quickly as you might like (or expect) but the delays we experienced were unreasonable.

We were the opposite, minor changes with the wardrobes but lots of changes with the kitchen. I also sent on a document complete with pictures from both the show house and the show room, with a very detailed breakdown of our requirements. After discussing our customisations with the kitchen team I emailed an updated version of the document to reflect the changes we had discussed and agreed upon. We then got a quote for the extra work and agreed on the costs. However, fast forward several weeks and we found ourselves having to go over almost everything again as though it was the first time we had spoken. Very frustrating.

It took several months to see any real progress in the kitchen but once they started it properly, it was completed in less than a week. We'll be snagging this week so I can't comment on the finished version just yet. Friends of ours live in Esmonde Avenue and had a much better experience with the kitchen team in terms of communication and timelines. They too had a number of significant changes. Their review was the main reason we decided to use the standard kitchen providers. Conversely, we seem to have had a better experience with the electrician than they did.

I understand that the current volume of houses being built in both Clane and Naas means that things might not be done as quickly as you might like (or expect) but the delays we experienced were unreasonable.

That's very disappointing and just not good enough when you've spent that amount of money.

We are still chasing to get a few bits finished 2 months after moving in, although we really pushed on our end to get in before Xmas, so we did move in before all the snagging 100% complete, So maybe it partly my fault for handing over before it was completed! I hope they'll keep their word and finish everything that needs finishing!

That's very disappointing and just not good enough when you've spent that amount of money.

We are still chasing to get a few bits finished 2 months after moving in, although we really pushed on our end to get in before Xmas, so we did move in before all the snagging 100% complete, So maybe it partly my fault for handing over before it was completed! I hope they'll keep their word and finish everything that needs finishing!

I felt the same, it's disappointing when you are making sure a big purchase and good money is being spent on the fittings that it's not up to a certain standard.

I think how the organise things and handle the process could be a lot better and more could be done.

It would seem that they are being pushed to complete certain houses before others due to people being under pressure which is understandable but better tracking of what is done and what is to do would make the process a lot smoother.

We are 6 months in now with simple things still to be done and I know others have a lot more than we do.

I would still recommend the site and development but just to be more aware of these things going in to avoid the hassles.

I felt the same, it's disappointing when you are making sure a big purchase and good money is being spent on the fittings that it's not up to a certain standard.

I think how the organise things and handle the process could be a lot better and more could be done.

It would seem that they are being pushed to complete certain houses before others due to people being under pressure which is understandable but better tracking of what is done and what is to do would make the process a lot smoother.

We are 6 months in now with simple things still to be done and I know others have a lot more than we do.

I would still recommend the site and development but just to be more aware of these things going in to avoid the hassles.

Do you mind me asking what kind of things you're still waiting on 6 months later? We're moving in soon and I'd like to be as prepared as possible

conf101 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what kind of things you're still waiting on 6 months later? We're moving in soon and I'd like to be as prepared as possible

As I said, most of mine are pretty minor because we held our for a long time before signing over. Need them to fix a down pipe, fix part of the paving in the driveway and couple of fixes around the window.

A good few of the issues I just ended up fixing myself like sealing of shower trays and fixing painting touch ups.

I know a couple of houses who have had issues with internal doors sticking and warping. Also a few issues with the doors and windows which take a while to fix as you have to wait for munster Joinery to fix it.

One common one seems to be the fence railings not being painted at the joints and the newel posts being marked and rusty from laying around. Check all windows and doors that they close free and easy and there is no rattle. Also check windows and doors are sealed outside and all the marks are removed from around doors and windows

If possible don't sign off until ever internal snag is done at least. It's a lot harder trying to get them back when you have to be there at the same time. I'd also recommend getting a snagger to come in and do a list for you, then go over it so you see everything they listed and know what to be checking for when they are fixed. You can also add things to it if you see extras.

Cool. Thanks. Good to know what to watch out for. We had a good snagger do our snag and some of that stuff did come up alright. I don't think he checked the fence railings though, so I ist remember to check that next time we're down.

conf101 wrote: »
    Cool. Thanks. Good to know what to watch out for. We had a good snagger do our snag and some of that stuff did come up alright. I don't think he checked the fence railings though, so I ist remember to check that next time we're down.

It's definitely worth it getting a snagger in, I was tempted to do it myself first but then you don't know what to be looking for or what is acceptable in terms of marks or rough finishes. You don't want to be coming across as finicky but the end of the day you are paying a lot of money for it.

Before you submit your list (if possible) pop over to the house yourself and review it and then you can add the little extra things you find which you feel need to be fixed.

In terms of internal things for us, most were just rough finishes with paint and kitchen/wardrobes. The painting should be done last because everyone else who comes in to fix things will more than likely scuff more of the paintwork. They kept sending the painters into ours before other work was done which was stupid. We had a couple missing switches too which the plasters didn't think we needed :rolleyes: but I didn't discover them until after I moved in. Anything to do with electrics or plumbing, they are quick enough to get someone over to look at even after you move in as they would be priorities.

I know one of our neighbours had issues with their boiler and the different zones being set up wrong so check each zone and what radiators are heating up when specific zones are on.

Dave Har wrote: »
    Hi guys my wife and I are putting a deposit down this week on a 4 bed. I spoke to Gero and he said the developers are planning 2 apartment complex’s near where the site office is located. On initial viewing last September we thought this area was put aside for leisure amenities, sports fields. Does anyone known where we can view the plans for these apartments?.
    You can see them on the plans for this development. They will be located on the right as you are coming in. Opposite the detached houses.

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=17507

Further details can be found on the application related to those apartments (and earlier application)
    http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=05576

This could be subject to change as there have already been changes to these plans regarding the houses so it will depend on how long the application is granted for and whether changes are required.

I can see these being probably one of the last parts of the development once all the houses are built and possibly before the other amenities are built.

Worth keeping an eye out a the gate to see if any new planning application goes in.

Just noticed two new planning signs at the development entrance. Both of them seem to be for adjustment of original plans.

Planning Number: 18164
    This one is straightforward enough, changing the planned 2-storey houses planned for the part of the site over to the right (joining to Esmonde Avenue) to 2-storey houses with a converted attic.

"PERMISSION
    Development Description: a change of house type on sites 124-141 inclusive that consisted of 16 No. semi-detached two-storey dwellings and 2 No. two-storey detached units that were previously granted under planning permission 05/576 and Bord Pleanála decision No. PL-09-217279 and extended by 12/113 and 17/1126, to 14 No. two-storey dwellings semi-detached with attic accommodation, 2 No. two-storey semi-detached dwellings, 2 No. detached two-storey dwellings and all ancillary site works"

Planning Number: 18165
    This one is a bigger change, the 36 apartments were originally planned for 2 blocks on the right-hand side as you come into the development. This is now been changed to 3 blocks (same height and number of apartments)

"PERMISSION
    Development Description: a change of type of apartments from 36 No. apartments (in 2 blocks of 18 No. 2 bedroom apartments over 3 floors) as granted under planning permission 05/576 and Bord Pleanála decision No. PL-09-217279 and extended by 12/113 and 17/1126, to 36 No. 2 bed apartments in 3 blocks of 12 apartments over 3 floors, and all ancillary site works"

No documents available for either request at the moment and both are in Pre-Validation stage so no idea how the 3 blocks will fit into the space and also how it would affect the parking.

Both requests can be searched using their number on the planning site:
    http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiryLIte

Also the original Plans can be viewed to showing all the site numbers and the layout.
    http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=05576

Both site notices can be seen here:
    https://imgur.com/ENcja00

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has mounted the TV over the fireplace? if so any pros or cons in doing so?

Thanks

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has mounted the TV over the fireplace? if so any pros or cons in doing so?

Thanks

I know people have definitely done this as you can see a couple as you drive into the estate.

One thing you will need to let the electrician know so they put a power point and the coax cables over the fireplace if you do want to put a TV there. You can always just ask them to put an addtional TV & power point there to give you the option to mount the tv or not. If you chose not to, you can always hang a mirror there instead which would cover these points.

The mantelpiece does get quite warm when you have the fire going but this shouldn't be any problem for the newer TV's as they are no longer plasma and so have no gas in them. Plus there will be a sufficient gap between the TV and the mantelpiece anyway.

The only other thing to consider is the actual mounting of the TV. They use steel lats for the fireplace instead of wooden ones, this is to prevent the lats twisting with the heat. The side effect is that it can make it a little more tricky to hang things as you can hit one of these steel lats. We hung a mirror but ended up using a gutter bolt as we hit a steel lat.

If you are thinking of this before the plastering and everything is done it might be worth popping down and mentioning it so that they could put additional lats behind the plaster for your TV mount like they do with the radiators and sinks. To give it extra stability.

Thanks daithi, will look into all this!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Poppy2018

Hey, is there any sign of the walk way to esmonde opening. I heard the ballna gappah road is cleared it would be much easier to walk to the village through esmonde. It's such a trek to the college road entrance

Poppy2018 wrote: »
    Hey, is there any sign of the walk way to esmonde opening. I heard the ballna gappah road is cleared it would be much easier to walk to the village through esmonde. It's such a trek to the college road entrance

Cant see them opening it up until the houses over there are complete they wont want a direct walkway so close to an active site inviting both estate's kids to explore.

Not too bad getting in the village now. Normally takes about 15-20 minutes walk. It will be nice when they do open the walkway though.

Cant see them opening it up until the houses over there are complete they wont want a direct walkway so close to an active site inviting both estate's kids to explore.

Not too bad getting in the village now. Normally takes about 15-20 minutes walk. It will be nice when they do open the walkway though.

It's just been promised to us since phase one well over 12 months ago. Yes it is handy enough to get to the village but with the snow today it would be much handier going through esmonde

It's just been promised to us since phase one well over 12 months ago. Yes it is handy enough to get to the village but with the snow today it would be much handier going through esmonde

I know, I mentioned it to the builder too back in August and initially it was something they could see happening soon but for some reason, they then decided it wouldn't be wise to do it until after that section is built or at least when the current houses are being built as construction traffic would be going through still.

I cant see them doing it until the houses are built over there, the only hope is they build the row of houses closer to us first and then maybe they will open it up.

I totally agree, would have been a much easier walk in today especially. Took a walk into the village there an hour or so ago, fairly bad trying to get out of the estate but then just walk the tracks in. :)

Have you tried going up lough Ballard if you walk right up to the top you come out at that road I think it’s faster then walking the full collage road

Have you tried going up lough Ballard if you walk right up to the top you come out at that road I think it’s faster then walking the full collage road

Yeah that's the way I go I think it's quicker than the college road and you cut out the hill at capdoo as well ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Just checked Kildare County Council there definitely gritting and ploughing collage road does anyone know if they will clear the roads in the estates ?
    Also super values face book says there open if anyone is running low on anything if you can make the trip lol

Advertisement