Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aughamore in Clane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭daithilfc

Here we go wrote: »
    Just checked Kildare County Council there definitely gritting and ploughing collage road does anyone know if they will clear the roads in the estates ?
    Also super values face book says there open if anyone is running low on anything if you can make the trip lol

Id say it will be up to the developer to clear the estate but once the road is clear they might send someone down to clear the estate for us. Normally they are good with salting the road on frosty mornings.

Few people clearing the drives today, so might need to borrow a shovel tomorrow and do the same for ours, get it someway back to normal.

Just saw that about SuperValu too.. They had loads more than Londis, im devastated, could have easily walked the extra to there if they had been open at the time.

Ill talk a walk down tomorrow instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

daithilfc wrote: »
    Id say it will be up to the developer to clear the estate but once the road is clear they might send someone down to clear the estate for us. Normally they are good with salting the road on frosty mornings.

Few people clearing the drives today, so might need to borrow a shovel tomorrow and do the same for ours, get it someway back to normal.

Just saw that about SuperValu too.. They had loads more than Londis, im devastated, could have easily walked the extra to there if they had been open at the time.

Ill talk a walk down tomorrow instead :)

Does anybody know if there’s any plans to plough the road today?

Also anybody know of any stores In the village selling snow shovels?

Thanks

Does anybody know if there’s any plans to plough the road today?

Also anybody know of any stores In the village selling snow shovels?

Thanks

The village seemed to get some kind of ploughing of the roads today but the estate is still really bad.

A jeep just came in there with a plough, got stuck and then when it did get free it seems it tried to plough a little before giving up. Not sure if they are planning coming back with something bigger. I reckon they wanted to see could they clear the construction traffic path first at least.

Lidl had some last week not sure if they still have any, can't think of anywhere else which would have one apart from Clane providers but that's a trek.

Managed to get a lend of one to clear some of the drive and move the car forward. Very worried about the snow coming off the roof.. The gutter is already damaged and its not looking good for the rest of the snow coming down. Hopefully it doesn't take the whole gutter down with it.

The village seemed to get some kind of ploughing of the roads today but the estate is still really bad.

A jeep just came in there with a plough, got stuck and then when it did get free it seems it tried to plough a little before giving up. Not sure if they are planning coming back with something bigger. I reckon they wanted to see could they clear the construction traffic path first at least.

Lidl had some last week not sure if they still have any, can't think of anywhere else which would have one apart from Clane providers but that's a trek.

Managed to get a lend of one to clear some of the drive and move the car forward. Very worried about the snow coming off the roof.. The gutter is already damaged and its not looking good for the rest of the snow coming down. Hopefully it doesn't take the whole gutter down with it.

Our gutter went too... and some of the fascia :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Poppy2018

Here comes the cavalry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

What's the estate like today?

We were supposed to collect our keys on Wednesday but Storm Emma obviously had other plans. Hoping we'll be able to get them tomorrow but I believe Clane is still pretty bad so maybe it'll have to wait until Tuesday.

Roads where ploud and gritted only one lane inand out but much better then yesterday so hopefully it continues to improve some gutters where damaged so I'd check for that as well as getting front/back garden and side entrance cleared

conf101 wrote: »

We were supposed to collect our keys on Wednesday but Storm Emma obviously had other plans. Hoping we'll be able to get them tomorrow but I believe Clane is still pretty bad so maybe it'll have to wait until Tuesday.

The estate is accessible today.. They cleared a path in and around and we were out digging our out driveways too so hopefully by tomorrow it will be even clearer.

The army were helping clear the village today so as far as I'm away there are cleared lanes in to the village, however depending on where you are coming from this could be different or even just one lane so worth checking out Kildare county council page and twitter to see.

Its an exciting time picking up your keys. I hope everything goes perfectly for you and you get them as soon as possible. Then you can start go enjoy the process of moving in 😉

If you need any help or advise feel free to ask or PM me.

Just wondering is there a community fb page messenger/what's app room ? Seems we use boards instead lol

Just wondering is there a community fb page messenger/what's app room ? Seems we use boards instead lol

I've been keeping an eye out but haven't seen one yet. I've been thinking of setting up either a Facebook group for the estate or WhatsApp group but haven't got around to it yet. Id need to call to each house to let everyone know and see what people would like.

I definitely think it would be a good idea to get to know everyone better and also let people know of things to check and help each other out.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the replies folks. I saw the comments about the guttering alright so I'll be sure to check ours out, fingers crossed we've been lucky!

Really looking forward to moving in now.

Also agree, a FB group would be a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DwightKSchrute

A FB group would be great. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

They have been out fully clearing the estates and paths today so its fully accessible now. I even saw a furniture delivery truck so should be no issues with moving in as soon as possible :)

The main thing i would check now is for any damage after the snow, such as the gutters as we mentioned and then any leaks or issues with pipes. You should check the heating and pipes as soon as you get a chance so you can get them back in to fix it too. As the house hadnt been signed over, it would still be their issue. ;)

Hopefully, however, you don't have any issues and can just enjoy the whole moving in process :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wickedelphie66

I think a Whats App or Facebook group is a great idea! It's a great way to get know your neighbours.

I think a Whats App or Facebook group is a great idea! It's a great way to get know your neighbours.

I'll create one now in the next few days and pop around to each house with the details. At least then it's there and available for people to use as much or as little as they like. ;)

They have been out fully clearing the estates and paths today so its fully accessible now. I even saw a furniture delivery truck so should be no issues with moving in as soon as possible :)

The main thing i would check now is for any damage after the snow, such as the gutters as we mentioned and then any leaks or issues with pipes. You should check the heating and pipes as soon as you get a chance so you can get them back in to fix it too. As the house hadnt been signed over, it would still be their issue. ;)

Hopefully, however, you don't have any issues and can just enjoy the whole moving in process :D

Thanks Daithi. Got the keys this evening - finally! It's such a good feeling.

Bit of damage to the gutter from the snow but hopefully nothing that can't be easily fixed. Also noticed a bit of damp on the ceiling in the master bedroom, looks to be caused by the snow too. Other than that all looking good.

I was actually expecting the estate to be in much worse shape. I was talking to Serena earlier in the day and she said it was in a bad way, so I was surprised when I got down to see all the roads and driveways cleared.

Thanks Daithi. Got the keys this evening - finally! It's such a good feeling.

Bit of damage to the gutter from the snow but hopefully nothing that can't be easily fixed. Also noticed a bit of damp on the ceiling in the master bedroom, looks to be caused by the snow too. Other than that all looking good.

I was actually expecting the estate to be in much worse shape. I was talking to Serena earlier in the day and she said it was in a bad way, so I was surprised when I got down to see all the roads and driveways cleared.

That's great news delighted you have finally got your keys and now are officially an Aughamore resident (didn't take that long in the end now did it :p )

The gutter should be easy enough to fix (i hope so too). They can just order in the replacement section and change it around.

The leak is a bit of a pain, although a couple of people have reported such leaks after the snow. Not sure what caused it exactly but possibly the large amount of snow sitting on the roof for almost a week damaged either a slate or one of the seals from the solar panel. Hopefully its not too big of a job to fix but it's a good thing you spotted it early so they can get working on it as soon as possible.

The estate is in a much better condition today now, they were working hard at it all day and they even cleared the paths and the mounds of snow we dug out of our drives which was really nice. :)

You'll be able start moving your stuff in over the next few days and start arranging all the fun things involved with moving :P

If you need any help or advise let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kom123

Anybody manage to get Eir Broadband set up in the estate? If so, did you have many issues doing it?

Kom123 wrote: »
    Anybody manage to get Eir Broadband set up in the estate? If so, did you have many issues doing it?

Hi Kom, I used Virgin Media for broadband so I havent tested out the actual phone lines yet.

I did hear one person saying that there was no connection to the estate made yet but I dont know whether this is true or not.

Have you been in contact with Eir?

Have you already moved into the estate or are you due to move in soon?

Hi Kom, I used Virgin Media for broadband so I havent tested out the actual phone lines yet.

I did hear one person saying that there was no connection to the estate made yet but I dont know whether this is true or not.

Have you been in contact with Eir?

Have you already moved into the estate or are you due to move in soon?

I've been in contact with Eir, and they said it would be the end of April at the earliest before anything in the estate would be set up, they have been horrible to deal with though. Not moved in yet but hoping to be in soon.

• Advertisement

I've been in contact with Eir, and they said it would be the end of April at the earliest before anything in the estate would be set up, they have been horrible to deal with though. Not moved in yet but hoping to be in soon.

Sorry to hear that. From what I read there, most new builds or new estates are a nightmare to get connected up to Eir and customers are left waiting months. I couldn't find anything on Eir's site direct but there was a boards post asking a similar question, they just to contact the sales team which you have done:
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057525220

That's why i was delighted to have the Virgin Media option in the house. They were very easy to deal with and the connections are already set up so you can use the self install option.

Unfortunately without the Eir line set up you don't have the option of going with any other over the line provided like Sky. It could be worthwhile contacting them to see if they have a quicker process of getting a new connection enabled. More than likely they have to go through Eir still so there would be delays.

I'll ask around and see if anyone else has managed to install Eir or had any dealings.

I asked a couple of people who have also looked into the internet over the telephone line (Eir or Sky) and they were told similar. It could take up to a year before the roll out is complete to the estate and might not even occur until the estate is complete.

The only broadband option available will be Virgin for the foreseeable future.

I asked a couple of people who have also looked into the internet over the telephone line (Eir or Sky) and they were told similar. It could take up to a year before the roll out is complete to the estate and might not even occur until the estate is complete.

The only broadband option available will be Virgin for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for that, I'll look into Virgin so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wickedelphie66

A few more queries for you wonderful lot. Did you lay your tiles and flooring before or after your snag? Also, did anyone have a cupboard/press type basin put into the bathrooms (particularly the en-suites) - just wondering what the fit is like as the guy in Heatwise is sure they will fit, but I think it might look a bit squashed! Thanks a mil.

A few more queries for you wonderful lot. Did you lay your tiles and flooring before or after your snag? Also, did anyone have a cupboard/press type basin put into the bathrooms (particularly the en-suites) - just wondering what the fit is like as the guy in Heatwise is sure they will fit, but I think it might look a bit squashed! Thanks a mil.

We had originally arranged to have our flooring laid before the snag but had to change the date and it ended up being after the snag. If possible, I'd recommend doing it after the snag. For us, there was a lot of painting to be touched up for the snag, and that, as well as a lot of people in and out fixing snags, could have marked or damaged flooring.

Didn't get any cupboards in the bathrooms so can't help you there I'm afraid.

Id recommend the same as conf101, its best to leave your flooring until you have as little as possible going in and out of your house. The tiles are ok as they are done as part of the process and can be repaired as part of the snag. Any other flooring it would be your own risk if there is damage done during the snagging process as they are doing you a favour as such by letting you install the flooring before you sign over. Ours went in pretty much the week before we got our keys and after all the main snagging was done.

With regards to the bathrooms, if you are at a stage where your sinks are not installed yet, i would recommend changing the sinks to one with integrated presses if possible. I would if i was in that position again as it be a lot easier for storage and avoid having to get an under sink press to fit after.

The sinks that are installed as standard are a decent size and a similar or even a little smaller with an integrated press would be ideal for all the bathrooms. Have another look in the showhouse to get an idea but I think you have plenty of space.

Benny is very easy to deal with in Heatwise and knows the measurements well enough for the rooms. We sorted out additional shower doors with our order.

One other small recommendation I would make would be to try change the sink in the kitchen to be one of the flex ones even. The one they put in as standard is very basic and splashes a lot. Again it's a personal choice but I will be looking to change ours as soon as possible. Check it out in the showhouse again and see what you think yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Khev

Hi there, interested in buying in Aughamore when next phase is released. Just wondering if anyone currently commutes from Aughamore to Sallins train station? Wondering how long it would take at rush hour times etc.? I did hear that there is supposed to be a ring road built too, anyone any updates on when this will be open?Thanks in advance!

Khev wrote: »
    Hi there, interested in buying in Aughamore when next phase is released. Just wondering if anyone currently commutes from Aughamore to Sallins train station? Wondering how long it would take at rush hour times etc.? I did hear that there is supposed to be a ring road built too, anyone any updates on when this will be open?Thanks in advance!

Hey Khev, I don't travel out to the train station myself but I do know that traffic to sallins is quite heavy at the moment due to the road works on the N7 I think. The hope would be that it would start to improve soon with each upgrade completed. There is always the options of other stations too as well as a direct bus into the city. That takes about 40 minutes. Maybe it would be worth popping out some day you are off during the time and checking out what it is like.

Will the regards to the ring road. They have already started this as far as I am aware. You can find the full details here
    http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/NationalRoadsOffice/M7OsberstownInterchangeR407SallinsBypassScheme2013/AnBordPleanalaOralHearing/DayOne/M7%20Osb%20Main%20Brief%20PPT%20for%20upload.pdf

And on James Lawless page
    http://jameslawless.ie/sallins-bypass-maps/

There is also a new development plan for clane which details all the proposed new and upgraded roads planned over the next few years. It's worth checking out too.
    http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/LocalAreaPlans/ClaneLocalAreaPlan2017-2023/AdoptedLAPinterim%20copy.pdf

I got vanity/units in some of the bathrooms. Plenty of space! Benny in heatwise is very helpful, I changed all the bathrooms. He’s very patient!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Charlesmarls

Hi Folks,

We are thinking of moving the shower fittings to the left hand side as opposed to facing the shower door. Reason being, we are afraid when shower is on, that water will splash out onto the bathroom floor. Has anyone experienced any problems in this department? or does it all operate without issues...

Also would anyone have the measurements in terms of width and length of the shower tray?

Thanks all

Advertisement