Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Grove

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

markjmc wrote: »
    We've bought a 3-bed on the as yet un-tarmaced side of phase 1. Drove past 2 weeks ago & noticed the work being done on parking bays & road, so I stopped & got out of the car to have a look.

A fella came out from the site and identified himself as a supervisor; spoke about how quickly the phase was progressing (the good weather this year helping), that they were hopeful the first houses would be occupied by end of August/early September and that we could look forward to being in end of Sept/early October.

I'm aware that builder estimates can be on the optimistic side, but it was nice all the same to hear such positive talk.

I'd be keen to hear progress from those who have bought on the more developed side of phase one.

Finding it very difficult to get a date from coonan. We are selling our current home and at this stage we need a date. Don't want to end up homeless

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

Contacted our solicitor on Wednesday and he said the contracts should have been back by now and that he was going to follow up, we are still waiting for him to get back to us. We are waiting to get them back as we are using the help to buy scheme as part of our deposit. Hoping it will be soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mharding

Yeah, experiencing the same situation with contract and help to buy. Signed back in May and still not returned and no reason for delay given. Has anyone heard anything about why there is such a delay in getting contracts returned?
    Contacted our solicitor on Wednesday and he said the contracts should have been back by now and that he was going to follow up, we are still waiting for him to get back to us. We are waiting to get them back as we are using the help to buy scheme as part of our deposit. Hoping it will be soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

August. Builders, solicitors etc on holidays. Always a difficult month to get anything done.

Also, the site was Nama owned I think so there could be a long paper trail there.

Mharding wrote: »
    Yeah, experiencing the same situation with contract and help to buy. Signed back in May and still not returned and no reason for delay given. Has anyone heard anything about why there is such a delay in getting contracts returned?

Contacted Coonan today in relation to a query we had, they advised that all signed contracts will be returned to the purchasers solicitors next week. Hopefully the snag won't be much long after! Not sure about people that bought in Phase 2, the above relates to Phase 1!

• Advertisement

Any other Movers to this development. Looking on info on the 10% contract deposit. I just saw it on leaflet picked up at showhouse. Nothing other than the 5k booking deposit was said to me by EA. obviously I won't have that kind of money until completion of sale on my existing property. Has this been a problem for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarah1900

Hello,

I really like the houses in carton grove, having visited so many show homes they are definitely the most premium and spacious ones I have seen. However, I am just wondering if anyone has seen any renders of how the estate will look when finished? Additionally I heard the halting site up the road is settled and they have been there for over 20 years and there hasn't been much trouble at all. However is that something that anyone here knows anything about?

Thanks

Where is everyone looking at flooring? Wonder if somewhere would do a good deal if a few of us used the same place

Anyone been contacted by the finishing Forman yet?

I bought mine in a small shop in Limerick but am looking for more and tiling. I know next to nothing about both so am interested in suggestions and collaboration on this if we can get some deals!
    HOCR wrote: »
    Where is everyone looking at flooring? Wonder if somewhere would do a good deal if a few of us used the same place

• Advertisement

Sounds like a good idea! The finishing foreman contacted us during the week as we had requested a contact from Coonan in relation to flooring, we wanted to see what sort of price they would give us for floors. Mortgage has to be drawndown first and he said then he can go through prices with us. To be honest whichever option is cheaper is what we will go for. Group buy sounds good especially if we can get a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dfd84

We tried to contact finishing foreman via email and have yet to recieve a reply. Things seem to be moving along nicely again on phase 1 but worried carton wood issues may delay us also.

dfd84 wrote: »
    We tried to contact finishing foreman via email and have yet to recieve a reply. Things seem to be moving along nicely again on phase 1 but worried carton wood issues may delay us also.

What's happening in Carton Wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dfd84

What's happening in Carton Wood?

Some groundwork issues. Details of snag lists etc delays are on Carton Wood thread, they have twice dug up the road inside what will be Wood/Grove shared entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Go to the Kildare section if you want to see updates on that. There's a decent thread there.

Got news today that we will be doing our snag some day next week! Has anyone else been called about theirs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

Got news today that we will be doing our snag some day next week! Has anyone else been called about theirs ?

Got news on Monday.To contact ESB and Board Gais to connect electricity and gas.Also to do snag list.
    Asked about contracts still not back,builder told me to contact solicitor.
    Solicitor advised me, not do anything till he gets signed contracts back.As house legaly is not ours.
    So wait and see for now.

Yeah, got the same advice regarding holding off snag until contracts are returned. Wait and see I suppose. It's taking a long time to get Contracts back. Has anyone arranged the snag yet despite the contract situation?

Yeah, got the same advice regarding holding off snag until contracts are returned. Wait and see I suppose. It's taking a long time to get Contracts back. Has anyone arranged the snag yet despite the contract situation?

We are doing our snag during the week, we never even thought to contact the solicitor about it. Someone we know is doing it for us so it's not costing us that much. Contracts are supposed to be back this week so we'll see what happens!

Each to their own regarding the snag and contracts. We heard that it's unusual for snag to happen prior to contract exchange. The estate is looking beautiful. Anyone have any experience of timelines from snag to moving in?!
    We are doing our snag during the week, we never even thought to contact the solicitor about it. Someone we know is doing it for us so it's not costing us that much. Contracts are supposed to be back this week so we'll see what happens!

• Advertisement

Each to their own regarding the snag and contracts. We heard that it's unusual for snag to happen prior to contract exchange. The estate is looking beautiful. Anyone have any experience of timelines from snag to moving in?!

Solicitor told us on Monday, that we will receyve contracts in 10 days .So ill definitely will wait.Also make sure you have electricity and gas conected before snaging.Usual time line for snag is 2 weeks to fix the issues.
    conected be

Just out of curiosity, why would you recommend having electricity and gas sorted before snagging?!
    lfbmick wrote: »
    Solicitor told us on Monday, that we will receyve contracts in 10 days .So ill definitely will wait.Also make sure you have electricity and gas conected before snaging.Usual time line for snag is 2 weeks to fix the issues.
    conected be

Just out of curiosity, why would you recommend having electricity and gas sorted before snagging?!

Builder tol us so,and surveyor also.As all sockets,switches,home heating to be checked when snaging house.

That would make sense! Thanks a million for that!
    lfbmick wrote: »
    Builder tol us so,and surveyor also.As all sockets,switches,home heating to be checked when snaging house.

That would make sense! Thanks a million for that!

No problem.We all in the same boat.Its nice when people share wtat they know.We all future neighbours.

Hello

Can anyone advise of what kind of options are available in terms of kitchen colours etc? We are going for a four bed semi. Also has anyone received any quotes for flooring?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RYEL

sarah1900 wrote: »
    Hello

Can anyone advise of what kind of options are available in terms of kitchen colours etc? We are going for a four bed semi. Also has anyone received any quotes for flooring?

Thanks

I don't know if there any options for kitchen colour, but would love to hear from others if there are.

We have only recently agreed to buy in phase 1 here so we haven't even got contracts yet and as such haven't thought to try and get in touch about the finishing for the house.

Hey,

The reason i thought so about the kitchens was because of the below:

Kitchen & Utility
    • Elegant high-quality fitted kitchens with a choice of finishes

Fingers crossed as it would be great to have options. We too have only recently decided to buy here so trying to find all the info I can :)

In the four bed semi d showhouse, they have a drop down stairs to the attic. I know the attic is not convertible in these but curious if each house comes with the drop down stairs, would be great for storage.

Thanks everyone

• Advertisement

Yes I would love a brochure, I have so many questions but don't want to bombard Rea Coonan. I recently asked about a brochure as I wanted to see images of how the development will look when completed, especially to understand how the apartments etc will look, but the brochure is not approved yet I believe.

Advertisement