Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Grove

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

Got ours also, such a good feeling!

Spoke with REA Coonan last week. Couldn't give a date but said we would close 'in October'. Great to hear that keys have already been handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dhlane

Hi, we are facing into carton wood beside the show house.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

HOCR wrote: »
    Could I ask what side of the development people getting keys are for.

We are facing carton wood just down from the showhouses!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mharding

Hey guys. Has anyone who has gotten keys noticed any major issues with your houses since you got the keys? We are probably going to close early next week so just want to check with you in advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

Hi guys.Can anyone tell what is your house insurer?
    Was told by Zurich insurance that houses in Carton Grove are in high risk flood zone and they can't insure my house.
    Any help highly appreciated.

• Advertisement

lfbmick wrote: »
    Was told by Zurich insurance that houses in Carton Grove are in high risk flood zone and they can't insure my house.

Not at the point of searching for insurance, but I did see this thread on flooding in 2000, which affected estates near the motorway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885853

It appears the council have spent a lot of money addressing the problem

And here's an article on the 2000 floods...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/time-bomb-warning-on-flooding-from-new-motorway-26103724.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

markjmc wrote: »
    Not at the point of searching for insurance, but I did see this thread on flooding in 2000, which affected estates near the motorway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885853

It appears the council have spent a lot of money addressing the problem

And here's an article on the 2000 floods...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/time-bomb-warning-on-flooding-from-new-motorway-26103724.html

Also think all the new estates have massive storm drains. Usually the mortgage provider will offer good insurance or if you have other insurance such as life/car provider will usually discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dairejpwalsh

This doesn't seem correct, if you check floodmaps.ie, the Carton Grove area is not listed as been at risk. The nearest areas to the estate that are listed as at risk are next to the Ryewater. These areas are at a good bit lower elevation than the estate.

Here is another source which says the Carton Grove area is not at risk.
    cfram.ie/pfra-pdfs/PFRA%20Integrated%20Map_237.pdf

The second source is from CFRAM,
    CFRAM is Catchment Flood Risk Assessment and Management. The national CFRAM programme commenced in Ireland in 2011.

Also we got our insurance with AIB and had no issues. AIB is also not our mortgage provider so there should be no problem for you.

Good evening.Our morgage provider is Kbc bank,they recomended Zurich for house insurance.
    Ill forward all the information showing that Carton Grove is not in flood zone.If they still refuse to insure,we will look for different insurer.
    Thanks a lot .

Good evening.Our morgage provider is Kbc bank,they recomended Zurich for house insurance.
    Ill forward all the information showing that Carton Grove is not in flood zone.If they still refuse to insure,we will look for different insurer.
    Thanks a lot .

I would still be afraid they would try use it in future to not pay out claims etc, you would need to be certain a record of any conversation on the issue was kept on your file.
    The major banks BOI and AIB have good insurance and you don't need to have your mortgage with them.
    You have to consider also how you will be treated if you ever needed to claim, and if they won't insure you in case of something you would expect from your cover - flooding - i would be wary of how they would treat you during a claim

• Advertisement

I would still be afraid they would try use it in future to not pay out claims etc, you would need to be certain a record of any conversation on the issue was kept on your file.
    The major banks BOI and AIB have good insurance and you don't need to have your mortgage with them.
    You have to consider also how you will be treated if you ever needed to claim, and if they won't insure you in case of something you would expect from your cover - flooding - i would be wary of how they would treat you during a claim

Very good point.Ill check with bank of ireland and AIB also Allianz as I have car insurance with them.
    Thnks a lot.

Hi has anyone sorted there broadband yet, I'm thinking of going with Virgin but was wondering what is the lead time to set up and what sorts of speeds people are getting. I know most providers advertise up to x mbs but was wondering what the actual speeds people where getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tomchats

No sign of Virgin and or  Eir being connected to their network. No dates forthcoming. Please push the developer.

I have Virgin in my current house,and will stay with Virgin in new adresse.When we where snaging house,Virgin connection boxes where in sitting room and master bedroom.Don't know if operational,did not ask developer.

The Virgin boxes are mounted in the houses but they are not connected to any service. They appears to be a lack of urgency about bringing this service up and no update as to when Virgin will turn on in CG. People should flag this during their snag.

Tomchats wrote: »
    The Virgin boxes are mounted in the houses but they are not connected to any service. They appears to be a lack of urgency about bringing this service up and no update as to when Virgin will turn on in CG. People should flag this during their snag.

I tried to contact site foreman.Not picking his phone today.Did you contact Virgin to find out when they connecting service to houses?

I contacted Virgin but unsurprisingly nothing definite from their end. Their subcontractor is assigned to the job. I believe they need to pull cables and terminate to the estate. I am no so hopeful on a quick turnaround. I would imagine the developer should be pushing to ensure this service is ready as such I suggest we keep the pressure on here. Please contact Virgin and raise it again. More voices more likely to get it sorted.

I contacted Virgin but unsurprisingly nothing definite from their end. Their subcontractor is assigned to the job. I believe they need to pull cables and terminate to the estate. I am no so hopeful on a quick turnaround. I would imagine the developer should be pushing to ensure this service is ready as such I suggest we keep the pressure on here. Please contact Virgin and raise it again. More voices more likely to get it sorted.

I contacted Eir and used the Eircode for a show house and explained that my house was a few homes down from this. They said that they will generate an exact address for me and I should get a callback in the next few days. They did say that Fibre was available in the area. This may be a quicker route to get broadband. I will update the thread if this is a workable option or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mharding

Hey! I have a question for whoever is in no.21! Firstly, Hi, I'm your neighbour in 22! Where did you get your lovely blinds for the sitting room? Any chance you could share measurements with us? We're not in yet but will be soon and want to try and get them in as soon as we can!

Mharding wrote: »
    Hey! I have a question for whoever is in no.21! Firstly, Hi, I'm your neighbour in 22! Where did you get your lovely blinds for the sitting room? Any chance you could share measurements with us? We're not in yet but will be soon and want to try and get them in as soon as we can!

Sent you a PM with the details, hope it helps.

• Advertisement

dhlane wrote: »
    Sent you a PM with the details, hope it helps.

If that's a 3-bed terrace, would you mind doing same?

If that's a 3-bed terrace, would you mind doing same?

No problem, PM sent to you there.

Hi,I was talking to Virgin yesterday.Girl on the phone told me,if Virgin box is in the house there should be no problem with connection.She will put order for,and I need to call couple days before moving in,and they will connect service.

How did Carton Grove fare today?

How did Carton Grove fare today?

Was up at the house. No tiles loose, trees still standing. Electricity went for a few hours but back now.

Has anyone had any issues getting virgin media in the estate?

Has anyone had any issues getting virgin media in the estate?
    we had Sky TV in our last house so I just transferred the service to our new house in Carton Grove. They installed the dish and everything is working fine. On the other hand my broadband is with Virgin Media and I have tried to move it to the new house. I rang last week and they still couldn’t find Carton Grove as a listed estate in their system. The girl I spoke with advised that she would log a call with some residential team in order to progress getting the connection to the estate put in place. I was advised to ring back in a week to check the progress but I’m not hopeful.... I’d say it could be longer as it’s now the third call I have made to virgin media !

dhlane wrote: »
    we had Sky TV in our last house so I just transferred the service to our new house in Carton Grove. They installed the dish and everything is working fine. On the other hand my broadband is with Virgin Media and I have tried to move it to the new house. I rang last week and they still couldn’t find Carton Grove as a listed estate in their system. The girl I spoke with advised that she would log a call with some residential team in order to progress getting the connection to the estate put in place. I was advised to ring back in a week to check the progress but I’m not hopeful.... I’d say it could be longer as it’s now the third call I have made to virgin media !
    Yeah I have virgin at the moment
    I have a screenshot off there website from few weeks back which shows all services available but like you the address now seems to have fallen off their system.

Random one but does anyone have measurements handy for the fitted oven (double oven) for 3 bed terrace kitchen?

• Advertisement

Random one but does anyone have measurements handy for the fitted oven (double oven) for 3 bed terrace kitchen?

And does an extractor fan come with the house?

Advertisement