Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Really... Have they been many placed as a result of the internal competition or is it still ongoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭claregal1

Really... Have they been many placed as a result of the internal competition or is it still ongoing?

No it only finished a few weeks before this one came on - I wasn't eligible to apply for it so had to apply externally but quite a few long timers grade 3's in my office did apply- they haven't been called for interview yet though ....

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

UsedToWait wrote: »
    ooops i had a like 30 seconds left for some of the parts and let the time run down to give myself a little break... silly

I'm not sure if it's an established fact, or just speculation about the time factor - I would have thought it would have been mentioned in the information sent out..

When you submitted an answer early, it asked 'are you sure? time remaining'

Yeah defo, not an established fact. That's usually how they work but yes they should have made that clear in the information sent to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

claregal1 wrote: »
    No it only finished a few weeks before this one came on - I wasn't eligible to apply for it so had to apply externally but quite a few long timers grade 3's in my office did apply- they haven't been called for interview yet though ....

How come you weren't able to apply internally...seems odd if you've been there for some time. You would think that they would prefer people like you who have knowledge of the system as you already work there.

dorbrogra wrote: »
    How come you weren't able to apply internally...seems odd if you've been there for some time. You would think that they would prefer people like you who have knowledge of the system as you already work there.

I haven't been working long enough with the HSE to apply and all sections are different and have different functions and roles- it is like Revenue, you could have been working in Debt Management in one office and only be trained in that and then transfer out and be working in paye only and would have to be retrained again.

HSE ran a Grade III competition last year for specific purpose contracts which is what I am on now, but have still applied for the new Grade III and Grade IV as well.

• Advertisement

I haven't been working long enough with the HSE to apply and all sections are different and have different functions and roles- it is like Revenue, you could have been working in Debt Management in one office and only be trained in that and then transfer out and be working in paye only and would have to be retrained again.

HSE ran a Grade III competition last year for specific purpose contracts which is what I am on now, but have still applied for the new Grade III and Grade IV as well.

Oh that's a shame, is your role in a hospital?

I remember that campaign as I was annoyed that I missed it, but glad to be on the right track for the permanent campaign which would be great if something comes out of it. Fingers crossed for all of us. Thanks for the info.

Oh that's a shame, is your role in a hospital?

I remember that campaign as I was annoyed that I missed it, but glad to be on the right track for the permanent campaign which would be great if something comes out of it. Fingers crossed for all of us. Thanks for the info.

Hi , no I'm not in a hospital , based in an office setting but can travel alot. Don't want to say too much on this but if you have any questions PM and I will try and help you .

Hi , no I'm not in a hospital , based in an office setting but can travel alot. Don't want to say too much on this but if you have any questions PM and I will try and help you .

Ah sounds interesting. Thanks I understand. Best of luck with the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

Agh I didn't get a chance to do the assessment over the weekend so had to do it this morning in work on some downtime. Got called away from my desk by management for a brief question while doing the verbal and missed a whole section. Really hoping it doesn't affect my score too badly!
    Starting a grade 3 civil service position in September but want to keep my options open with this panel as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pepper61

The internal competition is running at the same time as this competition. It is limited to people currently in a temporary appointment as a Grade 4. 20 percent of positions are to be filled from the internal panel and 80 percent from this panel.
    The internal applicants have submitted competency based applications that will be evaluated in September to see who goes to the next stage of interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

Hi Can anyone tell me when the aptitude results should issue for this competition. I can't find the email with the dates. thanks

Hi Can anyone tell me when the aptitude results should issue for this competition. I can't find the email with the dates. thanks
    23rd as far as I remember, so Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

eimaj77 wrote: »
    23rd as far as I remember, so Wednesday.

Yes it's Wednesday I just checked the mail . Good luck

Yes Wednesday according to the information given. Hope we all do well. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I wonder what time we can expect to hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I wonder what time we can expect to hear?

Did anyone get word today?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Did anyone get word today?

Its tomorrow

Its tomorrow

Ah, that'd be why!
    Hopefully they're not monitoring this thread for comprehension levels :)

Good luck everyone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The last emails I got came in around 12 noon so hopefully earlier today!

Bingo 12 noon - 96th percentile! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

Dovies wrote: »

Must be automated lol. 94th

Dovies wrote: »

Well done!
    90th percentile here :)

Woohoo 90th percentile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

86th percentile. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭julyjane

144 95th %ile woo hoo!

Now I just need a job to come up in my area, what are the chances?

Bit disappointed. Got 78th percentile. Hopefully I get something with that

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

128, 76th percentile. Disappointed but I was expecting a low score after being called away during the test! Do they ever break it down by area at all or is that the only ranking we will get until after interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

131 81st percentile. Bit disappointed as felt I did very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

95th percentile too! Delighted!

Of course it doesn't mean anything, if there are no jobs in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

kildareash wrote: »
    95th percentile too! Delighted!

Of course it doesn't mean anything, if there are no jobs in your area.

can you change your area or add areas to your application?

Advertisement