Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why would anyone give away good tips.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

Have you ever backed 3 in a race rather than one is 3 races. On paper backing 3 in a race I can get winners on paper easily, 12 in a row is record for me, on paper !
    I could pick races, based on trip, size of field, and prices, and invest 3pts per race, 1 pt on 3 different horse in race, if any win it would return more than 3pts as horses I pick would be 4-1 and higher.
    I can make a fortune on paper doing that, fields of 10 max , flat racing, trips of 1m2 tops.
    If 10 in field and I have 3 covered I have a 3.33% chance of having winner, If I eliminate
    2 in race that have no hope, according to my reading of race that gives me a 2.6% chance of having winner. And If I back prices of 7-1 5-1 9-1 I gain pts regardless of fact I throw 2pts away every race.
    I have page and page of profit doing this. I could make 40pts a day, and yes have a random day that everything goes wrong and lose -6pts, but that would still be 34 pts over 2 days . Over a weeks pts profit would be in 100's
    I am still dying to see this in practice.  How can you not have time to implement this system with real £££.  Please don't tell me you have a 9 to 5 job with a chestnut like this sitting at home in your bedside locker. The only time you need it 5 min to write that resignation letter and get raking in the ££s

• Registered Users Posts: 35,624 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Marie Josephe 8-1
    Mia Tesoro 7-1
    Jive Talking 8-1 Lb

Cherry Leyf 14-1 pp
    Whiteley 10-3 pp
    Lambrini Legacy 20-1 pp

Two races I like today.
    1pt win on each selection.
    6pts invested.
    JUST FOR FUN

Havn't checked your results but none of them ring any bells. Feel free to give us a running total but I fear you are in the red already. Still, cant judge a punters picks by just a dozen or so , so see how it is after a hundred or two.
    I'm sure I have a bad run coming soon as way ahead of my usual profits so that may balance things out.  But it seems the more I do the "Luckier" I get.
    Just put the two up today,  with no 3G signal out on my mountain run I couldn't get them on forum here so tweeted only. 6/1 winner and 26.0 that came up short.
    155 selections to date, 310 pts staked, Bank = +151pts.

I'm breaking my own rules, a system is nothing if it's not obeyed. Those two races today did not fit the criteria yet I put them up anyway.

That is my point with your system, how can one follow when randomly a tip is added. How can a person who is out working, or doing other things keep up?
    No one can see at a pc all day clicking refresh refresh refresh as to not miss a beat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

That is my point with your system, how can one follow when randomly a tip is added. How can a person who is out working, or doing other things keep up?
    No one can see at a pc all day clicking refresh refresh refresh as to not miss a beat.

Agree with that, if the OP could post all selections together at the one time it would then be easier to follow.
    Would also rather see results at SP as Im sure quite often the prices are gone by the time he posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,896 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Agree with that, if the OP could post all selections together at the one time it would then be easier to follow.
    Would also rather see results at SP as Im sure quite often the prices are gone by the time he posts.

That wouldn't really work as I've noticed some of the selections are only put up when the price drifts. That's pretty much what Aidan, Zimmer etc do as well as they are looking for value except they put theirs up early.
    Some of the SP's have been much less than when the selections are posted (one was posted at 25/1 and ended up around 17/2 if I remember correctly. A lot of them have dropped dramatically by race time. Only one drifted (from 8's when posted to 10 and won) I think.
    I've been keeping up (almost) over the last three days just out of curiosity and betting 25c e/w on anything I can catch. I missed out on the price (or one step down) on nine of them so I didn't do those. Of the ones I missed two were winners.
    My current p/l is approx +€2.15 from an outlay of €28.
    There seems to be some method to the madness but as others have said you would need to be there almost all the time.
    I'll try to keep with it the next couple of days as they should be quiet enough and see what transpires.

I'm breaking my own rules, a system is nothing if it's not obeyed. Those two races today did not fit the criteria yet I put them up anyway.
    Ye serious ... Ye broke the most fundamental law of betting. Once the bet is on then the bet is on.  Bit like the law of gravity. You mightn't like it but you have to obey it.  Correct,  a system is nothing if it is not adhered to.  Well you didn't adhere to it so that makes it nothing. Anyone that suggests they have a system to make "a fortune" as you said will have my attention.  But ... regardless of making a profit or not,  once they tell me that they posted something that breaks their systems rules then my attention is gone.
    I have tried to explain why I don't post them all together. 
    1.  There is no market movements to monitor first thing in the morning.  I'm not basing these tips on form.  I know nothing about horses.  I leave the form analysis to the experts ( And there are a lot of those on betfair believe me )  I just watch for the chitter chatter in the form of money and price movements on other markets before making a call as to the likelyhood of a horse being over priced. Hence early morning not great time as people tight lipped with their money at that time.
    2.  Put a pile of bets on with bookies at 10am and your ass will be out that door faster than you can say winner. once you start showing a profit.  Bets that go one during the flurry of price movements/bets when things start moving are far less obvious.
    Also,  I use twitter as primary tip location because you don't need to be looking at phone/PC all the time.  Hear that beep when you have a tweet.  Time to bet then.  Sure you can monitor your phone for email notifications when a post has been made on boards.ie here. Come on.  Hell. Do people want me to do the bets for them as well. 
    If you are stuck in the days of thinking that you can open your email in the morning,  casually stroll into the bookies on your morning coffee break and back 10 different horses and still expect to have a profit at the end of the month then you are naive at best.
    I might post/tweeet maybe 10 in a day but that is only a fraction of the ones I have done.  I have got tweet ready to send when I see price gone and tweet is deleted. It moves that fast.  But better a fast moving value price than a slow moving bad value bet and there are plenty of the latter.
    This is no different to the stock market.  Seconds ,  not minutes is what we are talking about here.  Got a 3G mobile?  Bin it.  You need 4G. If you don't think it worth the investment then bear in mind that is what the opposition are using. 
    Watching live racing on terrestial HD tv and betting on it?   Forget it.  If you don't know what is wrong with watching in HD then stop betting now.
    Personally I use Always On cloud PCs that I can remote onto from my phone.

Ripon
    14:10 Harrogate Sky Bet @ 4.00

Ripon
    14:10 Biddy Brady still good value @ 11.00 on 365

• Advertisement

Brighton
    14:00 Princess Harley @ 34.00

Brighton
    14:00Wear It Well @ 13.00

Brighton
    14:00 Lady Godiva @ 13.00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Brighton
    14:00Wear It Well @ 13.00
    Winner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

vandriver wrote: »
    Winner

Harley placed as well
    !

win and place there,  please don't anyone tell me them two prices were gone by time they looked ,  Me and few friends were filling our boots up to 13:45 with them two on most of the big books

the BIG ONE still evades us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nice one on these, following you today :D

Forgot to post diamond dougal in this 3:00 one.... Not a tip now as his price has collapsed, don't even ask what his price was at 1:30pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Diamond Dougal winner ?

• Advertisement

lol,  This would have the big one for people to have got their mouths around but alas,  in the feeding frenzy I forgot to post or tweet him at the time.  Never fear,  plenty more where he came from

Ripon
    16:40 Ludorum Sky Bet @ 4.50

Ripon
    16:40 Medici Moon @ 81.00

sky and 365 for that last one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Win and place in that last one...

Medici didn't place. Only 2 places. He came into 5.0 inplay though