Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

• 14-09-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Advertised on publicjobs.ie today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

That'll be a pleasant surprise to many people, I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I was just about to post this. I'm applying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

hdowney wrote: »
    I was just about to post this. I'm applying now.

Does this mean that the 2016 (26 country) clerical officer panel is finally dead? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

vector wrote: »
    Does this mean that the 2016 (26 country) clerical officer panel is finally dead? :(

I would assume it means they're about to exhaust the 2016 Dublin panel, at least.
    I assume the outside Dublin panels will run until next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Considering this this just for Dublin positions would people expect it to move faster than normal country-wide panels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Why does it give you three options in the application form?

- Clerical Officer - Dublin
    - Clerical Officer - Irish Stream (Dublin)
    - Clerical Officer - National Shared Services Office

Like what's the difference between the three? Can anyone please tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Avah Sharp Warfare

job seeker wrote: »
    Why does it give you three options in the application form?

- Clerical Officer - Dublin
    - Clerical Officer - Irish Stream (Dublin)
    - Clerical Officer - National Shared Services Office

Like what's the difference between the three? Can anyone please tell me?

Dublin is Dublin. Irish stream refers to ability to interview and fulfil the job is the Irish medium..

No idea on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

The National Shared Services Office is PeoplePoint. Basically, the shared HR service for the entire Civil Service. They're based in Clonskeagh, Dublin 4.

I put down Dublin and the PeoplePoint one. No point putting Irish stream cos I am beyond useless. I can say here and ask to go to the loo (standard Irish primary school!).

I'd be interested enough in the PeoplePoint HR one, and then whatever else comes up in the standard stream. I assume we won't hear a jot about the next stages until the application closing date?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Applied for this last night. Never applied for the Civil Service before so should be interesting to see how the process works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone know what it is like to work in People Point?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

vector wrote:
    Does this mean that the 2016 (26 country) clerical officer panel is finally dead?

Nope. It is a totally different competition. No harm to apply but positions are only in Dublin.

Anoushka wrote: »
    It is actually Dublin 14 and not Dublin 4.... information in their pack is incorrect.
    I worked in PeoplePoint until very recently. They're in Belfield Office Park on Beech Hill Road, which is in Dublin 4. They're just about there, but their postal address says it, and Eircode agrees. Clonskeagh itself is in D14, but PeoplePoint (and the NSSO) isn't.

Conqueror wrote: »
    I worked in PeoplePoint until very recently. They're in Belfield Office Park on Beech Hill Road, which is in Dublin 4. They're just about there, but their postal address says it, and Eircode agrees. Clonskeagh itself is in D14, but PeoplePoint (and the NSSO) isn't.

Hi do u mind if I ask you what it's like to work there please? I'm just unsure whether to thick the box for NSSO and closing date is 2morrow. I'd really appreciate any info.

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi do u mind if I ask you what it's like to work there please? I'm just unsure whether to thick the box for NSSO and closing date is 2morrow. I'd really appreciate any info.
    I really enjoyed it overall. PeoplePoint has a number of sections (including Pay, Leave, Absences, Resignations and Retirements, Document Management, and Portal) with different functions. As a CO, you'll be working on cases raised by individual civil servants, or line managers, or local HR units, depending on what team you're in and what the case is about. Cases are normally raised through the PeoplePoint portal. Again, what cases you work on depends on what section you're in.
    There's about 340 people there, and I found everyone I dealt with to be lovely, right up to the Principal Officer. It can be stressful at certain times: Resignations and Retirements would be very busy in September/October, Leave very busy leading up to holiday periods, etc. Sometimes, there can be delays with your caseload, especially if you're depending on other teams or local HR units to get back to you. Overall though, I really enjoyed working there, and I made a lot of friends, especially on my own team.
    PeoplePoint sometimes gets bad press from the media (usually after a major data breach, which obviously isn't good) or from other civil servants (because they aren't happy with a centralised HR that refuses to do special favours like the local HR units once could), but I found it a good and fun place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Davio

When will applicants receive further details regarding these positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Received text message earlier regarding upcoming assessment stage 1.

Check your texts and inbox on www.publicjobs.ie

Received text message earlier regarding upcoming assessment stage 1.

Check your texts and inbox on www.publicjobs.ie

Got one too 😊

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Assessment to be sent out on Friday the 13th.....hope nobody is superstitious :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

How would you prepare for the assessment? First time doing anything like this.

Hardly no time to prepare. Usually u get at
    Least a week to 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Kamu

Surprised and happy to see this in my message box. Hopefully the 13th is lucky for me. :D

Got my text to say my assessment was in my PAS account.

Gonna sit down with coffee tomorrow and complete. Good luck to all :)

hdowney wrote: »
    Got my text to say my assessment was in my PAS account.

Gonna sit down with coffee tomorrow and complete. Good luck to all :)

Completed my assessment just there. Seemed pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tiger dj

Slippin Jimmy what questions did you have ?

Tiger dj wrote: »
    Slippin Jimmy what questions did you have ?

The first part was a general statement and how you agreed or disagreed with it. The second part was a short paragraph and you were given 4-5 responses. You had to rate them as good answer, adequate answer or bad answer.

Fairly straight forward being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

How long did it take to do the whole thing?

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    How long did it take to do the whole thing?

There's no time limit on it that I could see. Took me roughly half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Just tried to do it now, says the page is unavailable.

Advertisement