Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Done mine earlier. Agree it's fairly straightforward and not timed. Says to give yourself 60 minutes but I done it in about 30 minutes or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just tried to do it now, says the page is unavailable.

Did you try a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Kamu

Just finished mine there, took about 30 mins. As others have stated, was straight-forward, not sure why, but I thought it was going to be the numerical and verbal tests and so on, so I was pumped up for that, a little let down that it was only an aptitude assessment for the role. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I assume there will be aptitude tests after this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Kamu

How long before the next stage I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Louiselennon2

Kamu wrote: »
    How long before the next stage I wonder?

Does anybody have the original information booklet for clerical officer that you can email me ðŸ™ðŸ¼

New message today:

Stage 1 Assessment Questionnaire for the Clerical 2017 (Dublin) competition has been extended to 1pm on Monday 23rd October 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

New message today:

Stage 1 Assessment Questionnaire for the Clerical 2017 (Dublin) competition has been extended to 1pm on Monday 23rd October 2017.

Done mine last night! I don't know if we can discuss the answers we selected? Is that allowed here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cathyban

Hi there. Has anyone been through this process before? Any idea what the likely wait time for next assessment? Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Through to the next stage.

Score required 300

Score achieved 528.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Anoushka

Just got results from Stage 1 back. I reached the qualifying standard at Stage 1.  Fingers crossed they reach my number ASAP. Has anyone else got the results back today?

Score achieved 528.

Congratulations!

Got through to the next stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

Got my result 637 my oom 527. How many people are getting recruited. Is oom your position?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Result was 543. Oom is 2426. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Oom was 2054, hopeful but not expectant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Misanthropico

Hi all!

Result was 642, OOM is 524. Any how many COs are being recruited?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Anoushka wrote: »
    Just got results from Stage 1 back. I reached the qualifying standard at Stage 1.  Fingers crossed they reach my number ASAP. Has anyone else got the results back today?

Sorry new to this. What you mean reach your number?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Hi All,
    They will probably do online verbal and numerical online tests next.
    They hired loads of people for Dublin for EO lately.
    My OOM is 4000 and I am hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BoltzmannBrain

Now I'm hopeful thanks to your optimism marmieB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

My OOM is 411, no idea how hopeful or not I should be?

Be very hopeful, Ferris! There are a lot of vacancies in Dublin. If you qualified at all, be hopeful. I read the handbook and i think maybe theyll do online verbal and numerical tests next....but am not 100% sure. Its kind of vague

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BoltzmannBrain

Ah things usually work out pretty well for you Ferris!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

marmieB wrote: »
    Be very hopeful, Ferris! There are a lot of vacancies in Dublin. If you qualified at all, be hopeful. I read the handbook and i think maybe theyll do online verbal and numerical tests next....but am not 100% sure. Its kind of vague

Looks like stage 2 is supervised tests according to message with our results

Scored 648 which gives me oom of 312. Happy enough i suppose who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HiberniaLG

I got between 4000-4100 on the OOM list - which seems a bit far down, I guess. Would I be overoptimistic about maintaining some hope of been called?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

In the 1700’s myself,
    Anyone have any idea of what numbers they’re calling or?

Hi

They are hiring loads with EO in Dublin at the moment - so i am sure it will be the same for CO
    You cant have supervised testing without testing first
    With the EO, supervised testing meant doing the online verbal numerical tests in a supervised environment
    Verbal and Numerical are referred to as 'tests'
    Assessments is the term used to describe what we have done already ie personality and scenarios
    Unless we repeat the assesssments again, but the handbook refers to verbal/numerical tests - at least the possibility of them
    This is just speculation on my part, but i have been through a few civil service recruitment campaigns (including CO) for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Qualified stage 1 also. Score of 670 which places me 370 on the OOM. Not sure if that's good or not but we shall see.

Good luck with stage 2 all

Sorry new to this. What you mean reach your number?

I meant place (OOM), sorry. My OOM is in 190s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭sully123

It can be hard to figure out the correct answers if any to these type of tests.

I scored poorly in the temp co competition and still ended up getting a job.

I am thinking that at this stage the oom will determine who gets called first to sit the further assessments.

I scored 514

OOM 3377

I am currently finishing up a 1 year stint as a temp co in the courts service. Hopefully this will help at some point.

Advertisement